• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, another Sabs thread, if you don't like it..... Then start tweeting your coach and tell him to stop,embarrassing the best program in CFB.

Until then, DEAL WITH IT!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cawt, I am starting to like you Aubarns. Never thought I would say that. But EE in 97 on twitter is fucking awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's inherent risk with every style of play. Playing in a phone booth, fullback and linebacker colliding in a gap play after play is equally dangerous.

Football is a violent collision based sport. No matter the style an individual coach employs, play after play is a serious of violent collision. Coaches give scholarships to multiple defensive players for just this reason, if you play HUNH offense, you're allowed to make substitutions. It just means you have to coach at a different tempo, and make calls quicker. If you can't adjust your coaching style get out of the game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's inherent risk with every style of play. Playing in a phone booth, fullback and linebacker colliding in a gap play after play is equally dangerous.

Football is a violent collision based sport. No matter the style an individual coach employs, play after play is a serious of violent collision. Coaches give scholarships to multiple defensive players for just this reason, if you play HUNH offense, you're allowed to make substitutions. It just means you have to coach at a different tempo, and make calls quicker. If you can't adjust your coaching style get out of the game.

I agree. 65 plays of a 270 pound fullback and five 5 star o lineman bashing on u all day is probably more dangerous than blocking in space and spreading you out like an AU or Oregon type of offense.

If the hobbit was truly worried about player safety, why wouldn't he go after the cut blocking option teams like G Tech, Navy, Army, and Air Force?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we have moderators that don't know the difference between starting troll threads and closing down troll threads. I got an idea, how about thread after thread of the same old shit going away. Oh wait, he said this on Monday after a Sunday so it's a new story! Right? :L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the macho talk in post #2 justifies everything? :noidea:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cast, I am starting to like you Aubarns. Never thought I would say that. But EE in 97 on twitter is fucking awesome.

We're good peps.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is just making it worse. He needs to just shut his fucking mouth.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we have moderators that don't know the difference between starting troll threads and closing down troll threads. I got an idea, how about thread after thread of the same old shit going away. Oh wait, he said this on Monday after a Sunday so it's a new story! Right? :L

Go ahead and start a troll thread. We can put it along with u in the tb.

#dealwithit

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many more plays per year do they play in the NFL vs college?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey, if posting your coaches quotes is trolling what does that make him?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls are obviously smarter than Dr. Bailes.

I noticed the same thing. Thread is linked to an article that supports Saban. Now why would Mamba do that? Accidentally? :scratch: Interesting! Thanks Mamba! A little excerpt:

While an outpouring of coaches have said there's no evidence that player safety is compromised by speeding up the tempo and generating more plays in the game, at least one noted neurosurgeon is genuinely concerned about the length of the college game now and the number of snaps some teams are playing.

Dr. Julian Bailes has been around the game for more than 30 years. He's the chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery and co-director of the NorthShore Neurological Institute in Evanston, Ill.

"I think it's not accurate when people say we have to study this because we don't have any evidence or know anything about it," Bailes said. "I don't think that's true. I think we have some facts and do know something about it. Now, we probably should study it more. But to say we don't know anything about this is disingenuous and inaccurate."

In particular, Bailes points out that studies have shown that players are seven times more at risk to be injured in games than in practice.

"If you play more snaps, you're going to have more exposure. I think that's a fact," said Bailes, who's been a consultant for the NFL Players Association and an advisor to the NCAA. "It bears very serious consideration on whether the game should be slowed down or have fewer plays if you believe exposure equals injury risk or player safety.

"We know if you play another 20 to 25 snaps a game, you're going to have more exposure to all injuries, and you're going to have more potential for concussions, and you're going to have more blows to the head, whether they call them concussions or not."

Saban, whose Crimson Tide have won three of the last five national championships, has been a lightning rod ever since it was revealed that he addressed the NCAA football rules committee last month in Indianapolis. He's on record as saying that he doesn't think football should necessarily be a continuous game. He'd like to see the officials dictate the pace of the game more so than offenses, similar to what happens in the NFL

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the same thing. Thread is linked to an article that supports Saban. Now why would Mamba do that? Accidentally? :scratch: Interesting! Thanks Mamba! A little excerpt:

While an outpouring of coaches have said there's no evidence that player safety is compromised by speeding up the tempo and generating more plays in the game, at least one noted neurosurgeon is genuinely concerned about the length of the college game now and the number of snaps some teams are playing.

Dr. Julian Bailes has been around the game for more than 30 years. He's the chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery and co-director of the NorthShore Neurological Institute in Evanston, Ill.

"I think it's not accurate when people say we have to study this because we don't have any evidence or know anything about it," Bailes said. "I don't think that's true. I think we have some facts and do know something about it. Now, we probably should study it more. But to say we don't know anything about this is disingenuous and inaccurate."

In particular, Bailes points out that studies have shown that players are seven times more at risk to be injured in games than in practice.

"If you play more snaps, you're going to have more exposure. I think that's a fact," said Bailes, who's been a consultant for the NFL Players Association and an advisor to the NCAA. "It bears very serious consideration on whether the game should be slowed down or have fewer plays if you believe exposure equals injury risk or player safety.

"We know if you play another 20 to 25 snaps a game, you're going to have more exposure to all injuries, and you're going to have more potential for concussions, and you're going to have more blows to the head, whether they call them concussions or not."

Saban, whose Crimson Tide have won three of the last five national championships, has been a lightning rod ever since it was revealed that he addressed the NCAA football rules committee last month in Indianapolis. He's on record as saying that he doesn't think football should necessarily be a continuous game. He'd like to see the officials dictate the pace of the game more so than offenses, similar to what happens in the NFL

I'm really concerned about him. He shows signs of abuse with Saban being in his head 24/7. Most likely a sasquatch hypnotized him and made him squeal like a pig.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime example of why this forum is shit now. Did you even read the article before you decided to blast Saban and Alabama? He hasn't embarrassed me at all, and all I have ever heard about this topic from the "other side" is a bunch of logical fallacies that promote ignorance.

Pretty sad that the Politics forum is more bearable and has less hypocrisy than the college football forums now. Everyone here keeps trying to shift the focus to Saban, but the real truth of the matter is you are all just trying to protect the style of football your team has shifted to in recent history.

Maybe if you guys get your shit together and start measuring the quality of this forum based on the intelligence level of the discussions rather than "Oh this thread is going to be good, Jimmies are rustled", it won't be a bunch of shit.

Quite amazing how quickly my opinion of this section and the people moderating it has dropped. I once looked forward to opening this section, now I mostly avoid even reading it.

Highlights from the article:

Yeah, he's just a doctor who has been around the game for 30 years. He wouldn't know shit about the topic would he? Oh because it's not about the facts or logical conclusions, it's all about "my team does this, so I support this" while at the same time being a hypocrite and claiming that it's just Saban doing this and that he can't adapt(despite being the most successful coach/team since 2008 when the spotting rules changed all this to begin with).

And oh yeah, let's not forget this little tidbit. But again, lets ignore it and blame Saban/Alabama.

"The 10-second rule was not Nick's idea," the source said. "By the time he came into the room, the committee had already discussed and covered that topic. He talked about the likelihood of more plays leading to more injuries."

Also, that same source told ESPN.com that a similar proposal was on the table last year to slow the pace of play, a proposal that would have established a defined period of time in which the ball couldn't have been snapped following a first down.

"One of the charges has been that this came out of left field, that nobody had ever heard about it," the source said. "A similar proposal last year failed on a tie vote. It was basically the same thing, but doing it after a made first down."

It's fucking pathetic. Get your shit together hoop.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and start a troll thread. We can put it along with u in the tb.

#dealwithit

The entire college football forum is the new TB.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if we can clarify a bit and dumb it down for some of the posters.

On one hand we have the expert analysis and comments by a soon to be hall of fame coach and a Doctor who has been around the game for 30 years of his life.

On the other hand we have the ramblings of a group of posters that wouldnt know their ass from a hole in the ground if it was diagrammed on a forum board or told to them by another source.

Now lets weigh those two hands...which one carries more weight?

Exactly.

Now this will be easy for you because I am an Alabama fan and you will only see that, not the truth of what I, 4D20 and others have said. Personally I dont give a fuck if you believe it, but men once didnt believe the world was round either, didnt make it less true.