• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Williams Out for Third Preseason Game

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, feel bad for the guy... but these are the coaches that drafted him... and he can't stay on the field... he can't even GET on the field.

I think the younger kids (Taylor and Ellington) will end up being better players.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he is better than all the backs we have at the moment but that knee is really hurting his career! If he can somehow manage to rehab the injury, he will be an awesome tandem with mendenhall(if he works out).

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but that's a HUGE "if". Dude just can't stay healthy. If it was me, I would move on. We have a couple of solid rookies behind Mendenhall. They obviously drafted them because Williams is not dependable.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old football coach used to tell me that staying healthy was as important a skill as speed, strength, agility etc... and he is right...

If you can't get on the field, nothing else really matters.

In terms of #1 back potential, I think Williams has the advantage over the others, however... he just can't get healthy, therefor.. point is probably moot.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a talent wasted...if only he COULD stay healthy. I really liked him coming out of college. Two-headed monster of a healthy Williams coupled with Mendenhall would have been MONSTER for your team.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, some guys get injured early in their careers and once they get passed it, didn't have issues again. Too early to assume he is injury prone. That was a devastating knee injury. I was actually surprised he was able to play at all last year. I think the kid still has the potential.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...

He's practicing today.

And could potentially get a carry or two in the game this weekend.

He needs to be in practice to have a shot to make the team.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is hard to predict. You get your hopes up on him and he gets injured. I remember Michael Pittman when he was here and the guy tried to plow guys over with his running and he hardly ever was injured and then guys like this its just a matter of when.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had high hopes for him. Hope he doesn't run scared tonight if he plays. That will surely get him cut.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see he's gonna get some carries tonight.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the thing. Ryan Williams comes from a ACC school where he was the bellcow of the VT offense. Like Spiller(Clemson), Williams needs to get that kind of treatment. The best way for a back to stay healthy is for the knee to get used to running a lot. Kolb was more focused on himself and the cards using a timeshare. That isnt the kind of back Williams is. If he doesnt get the rock, he cannot get better. And from what it looks like he'll have to wait until Mendenhall goes down. The cardinals are trying to put Palmer in a new kind of situation and he doesnt have the arm strength to spread the ball around, the cards need to run and play defense to support him.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the guy. He was terrible in the few games he played and he's a chronic injury problem. Might sound mean, but this is the NFL. He got paid pretty well doing nothing for a while.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the thing. Ryan Williams comes from a ACC school where he was the bellcow of the VT offense. Like Spiller(Clemson), Williams needs to get that kind of treatment. The best way for a back to stay healthy is for the knee to get used to running a lot. Kolb was more focused on himself and the cards using a timeshare. That isnt the kind of back Williams is. If he doesnt get the rock, he cannot get better. And from what it looks like he'll have to wait until Mendenhall goes down. The cardinals are trying to put Palmer in a new kind of situation and he doesnt have the arm strength to spread the ball around, the cards need to run and play defense to support him.

Doesn't have the arm strength? Are you serious? Carson Palmer has plenty a strong enough arm to get the ball down field. Who are you comparing him to? Also, are you under the impression that Kolb was the OC while he was QB in Arizona? He didn't call the plays. He ran the plays he was told to run.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that arm strength remark had me scratching my head also.

Williams on his 2 lone carries didn't look back.......He deserves one more shot. The guy has lots of talent and deserves it. If an thing can be said from our last game it that the running game looked much better from all our backs.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams (knee) will earn the majority of the carries during Thursday's preseason finale at Denver, the Cardinals' official site reports.