• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Patriots might get Von Miller for a 1st rounder and Jordan Richards, and

a paycut.

;)

or maybe that was a haircut I heard. Yeah yeah, that's it a haircut!
There's difference between discussing a rumor from a verified source and making one up...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's difference between discussing a rumor from a verified source and making one up...

Well my guess is that verified source is somebody connected with the Patriots. That is what they would maybe offer to start off with. My guess is the Texans would counter with "you got to be kidding me right? Starting asking price will be a 1st and a 2nd."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Martellus Bennet is cut.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would NE trade Cooks who is still in his rookie deal and not sure what is happening to Edelman, Dola, Mitchell and we are gonna trade him for a 2nd rd pick?? Fuck that....BB didn't give up a 1st for a WR for 1 year to trade him away for a 2nd rd pick....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would NE trade Cooks who is still in his rookie deal and not sure what is happening to Edelman, Dola, Mitchell and we are gonna trade him for a 2nd rd pick?? Fuck that....BB didn't give up a 1st for a WR for 1 year to trade him away for a 2nd rd pick....

Well we are pretty damn sure JE is ready to go, Hogan is there, Britt in now on board, Mitchell should be back and Danny has made it clear he would like to stay. Cooks will demand a large contract if the Pats can get from under that and pick up a quality LB it all makes perfect sense. Cooks was nice but not a real need.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are pretty damn sure JE is ready to go, Hogan is there, Britt in now on board, Mitchell should be back and Danny has made it clear he would like to stay. Cooks will demand a large contract if the Pats can get from under that and pick up a quality LB it all makes perfect sense. Cooks was nice but not a real need.

Don't forget your boy Dorsett.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget your boy Dorsett.
Well someone has to carry the water.

My take is this, if the Pats had to give a high pick and a WR for someone like Miller I am all about it. We are set at WR, and if Hightower can stay healthy with him and Miller and draft a DB we get better fast.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess he would take a 1st and much more in a trade. Maybe 3rd rounder this year plus 2nd next year.

Good morning.......just finished 3 hours of blowing and shoveling 15" of fresh, wet snow. Last week we raked the lawn and filled three yard bags with dead grass and leaves. Where's all this global warming???

Anyway, this is from this morning's PatsFans.com

Patriots were apparently in on Michael Bennett deal, but lost – The defense was obviously the story by the time the Patriots season came to an end last month, but it seems like they tried to make a move to address it heading into 2018.

According to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Patriots came to the table after terms of the trade between the Seahawks and Eagles for Bennett’s brother, Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett, were made and the two sides came to an agreement. New England was reportedly set to make a better offer than the Eagles, but Seattle opted to stay the course.

The deal between Seattle and Philadelphia saw Bennett go to the Eagles along with a seventh-round pick in exchange for a fifth-round selection and receiver Marcus Johnson, but the Patriots were reportedly willing to part with a third and a fifth for Bennett. Still, the Seahawks turned them down and made the deal.

According to ESPN’s Dianna Russini, it was a competitive group trying to acquire Bennett, with Cleveland, Tampa and Atlanta among teams in the mix.

As we’ve seen in past years, there will probably be a couple of surprise moves coming and this is a team that really only needs a few key additions given the nucleus they have on defense. Now we’ll just have to see who they try to bring into the mix.

2013-Week-4-Aqib-Talib-600w.jpg

Could Aqib Talib return?
A Talib Reunion? –
Defensive back Aqib Talib arrived in New England from Tampa Bay via a trade in 2012 as a troubled player who seemingly needed a change of scenery to turn his career around.

It seemed to work. As a Patriot, Talib was a model citizen and became one of the most respectable players in the secondary after solidifying a group in dire need of a legitimate shut-down corner. He finished his two seasons with the Patriots with five interceptions and sixteen passes defended before departing to Denver via free agency.

But in Denver, with the apparent restrictions removed, Talib was a bit more boisterous and seemingly less disciplined, including multiple altercations with Michael Crabtree where he ripped the chain off the receiver’s neck, leading to an ejection in the latest altercation back in November.

That’s behavior that would never fly in New England, yet that side of him came out with the Broncos.

Fortunately for Talib, Denver’s dominant defense helped fans look past that and he’s had a solid four-year tenure as a member of the Broncos. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long, but Talib is now at the end of the deal and according to ESPN’s Dianna Russini, he’s reportedly hoping the Broncos cut him loose so he can potentially return to the Patriots.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all of the rumors and reports flying around, it appears that the Patriots are looking for one more piece to fit into the defensive line. Very little has been said about the attempt to get Clowney, but there have been numerous reports that the Texans want to do something. Does that mean 'anything'? Would love to see Clowney here, but at what price? Pats were in on Bennett. I guess a third and fifth aren't as good as a fifth and and a back up's back up WR. Could be Carroll doing a little payback for the Super Bowl loss.

All of the local sports talk radio and TV shows are saying that BB is busy and that he just might be willing to let go of the first and more to solidify the defense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all of the rumors and reports flying around, it appears that the Patriots are looking for one more piece to fit into the defensive line. Very little has been said about the attempt to get Clowney, but there have been numerous reports that the Texans want to do something. Does that mean 'anything'? Would love to see Clowney here, but at what price? Pats were in on Bennett. I guess a third and fifth aren't as good as a fifth and and a back up's back up WR. Could be Carroll doing a little payback for the Super Bowl loss.

All of the local sports talk radio and TV shows are saying that BB is busy and that he just might be willing to let go of the first and more to solidify the defense.
Well seeing as he has a early pick in round two it makes sense. Trade the 1 for a proven commodity then grab a need with that early number 2 pick

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing as he has a early pick in round two it makes sense. Trade the 1 for a proven commodity then grab a need with that early number 2 pick
I like them keeping their 1st because it comes with a 5th year option.

Love to see Clowney here but for their first. If NE gives up the 1st there hopefully won't be anything else given up by NE.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them keeping their 1st because it comes with a 5th year option.

Love to see Clowney here but for their first. If NE gives up the 1st there hopefully won't be anything else given up by NE.
Yeah the 5th year option is nice but hell it's not the end of the world.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 5th year option is nice but hell it's not the end of the world.
No it's not. But as I mentioned if it's only a first I could handle that. But BB seems to get fleeced on some of these big name deals. Guess that's part of dealing with NE.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from ESPN and Mike Reiss..............Patriots are in discussions with the Washington Redskins about a trade for RB Su'u Craven. This might be the swap for Malcolm Mitchell or a late draft pick. I don't know much about this guy, just the he was just re-instated by the NFL.

Anyone know the story??

haven't heard of him but he is only 22 so potential maybe

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what the motivation for Houston trading Clowney would be in this scenario. They've got tons of cap space, he's 25 years old, and he's been a stud the last two years. They have a QB on his rookie deal, they can afford to keep Clowney and Watt. And if they do decide they can't afford both, even for all he means to that city, Watt has missed 24 of 32 games the last 2 years and is 3 years older than Clowney...from a purely football perspective it should be a pretty easy decision. They'd be beyond stupid to give up Clowney for just a late 1, and Gaine and BOB aren't stupid.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Clowney coming here, he is a break the bank type guy and will be looking for a huge deal one the Houston may not want to offer. He just doesn't feel right in NE to me.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what the motivation for Houston trading Clowney would be in this scenario. They've got tons of cap space, he's 25 years old, and he's been a stud the last two years. They have a QB on his rookie deal, they can afford to keep Clowney and Watt. And if they do decide they can't afford both, even for all he means to that city, Watt has missed 24 of 32 games the last 2 years and is 3 years older than Clowney...from a purely football perspective it should be a pretty easy decision. They'd be beyond stupid to give up Clowney for just a late 1, and Gaine and BOB aren't stupid.
Did Clowney protest the anthem at any point?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than maybe when pretty much the whole team took a knee the week after McNair shot his mouth off, I don't think so.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the money Cooks is making, keep him and take the Comp pick we will get for him. Hogan is cutable, Britt is cutable, Danny wants to stay, but $$ could take him elsewhere, and who knows about MM. IF you can get a 1st for Cooks, then I am on board, but I just don't think anyone above NE is giving NE a 1st. Why take a 2nd or 3rd this yr, when you can get a decent comp pick for him next yr and use him this yr or tag him next yr?