• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty sweet. His dad claims he's either playing for AZ or retiring, though. Take it fwiw.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now NE is interviewing Schiano for DC. Something else must be up. Maybe Flores is leaving too now.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans have been talking about Larry Fitzgerald for years. While he is an all time great WR, how many good veteran WR's have flamed out in New England? Chad Johnson and Reggie Wayne come to mind most readily. Randy Moss was the notable exception. Also, while there are no truly big names, the Pats are already well stocked in that area. If Dola retires and Edelman is not his old self next season, then maybe.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Dion Lewis likely to seek around $6 million per year
Patriots running back Dion Lewis is expected to request a three-year contract in the range of $18MM with $10MM guaranteed in order to pass up free agency, according to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. Lewis isn’t interested in offering a hometown discount to New England, and the “early vibe” is Lewis won’t re-sign with the Patriots, as Howe reports in a separate piece.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye Dion....thanks for everything....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants a 3 year contract at $6M a year and $10M of it guaranteed. BB would never pay a RB $6M. He might pay Jim Brown $5M but that would be a stretch.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from ESPN and Mike Reiss..............Patriots are in discussions with the Washington Redskins about a trade for RB Su'u Craven. This might be the swap for Malcolm Mitchell or a late draft pick. I don't know much about this guy, just the he was just re-instated by the NFL.

Anyone know the story??

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cravens is a S/LB hybrid who had concussion issues and was contemplating retiring before last season which is why he ended up on the reserve/left squad list that he had to be reinstated from after he was medically cleared to resume football activity in December.

I'd have my doubts that either Washington would be looking to move him, as they have a ton of impending FA's and holes to fill on their D already and can't really afford to dump a player who's demonstrated some ability to play in the league and is still on his 2nd round rookie deal, nor that Bill would have much interest in giving up anything of value to acquire a DB whose already lost one season to concussion issues.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought he was a running back because he wore 36. Reiss said that the Pats were interested, Anyone's better than Jordan Richards.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Chung for another yr and draft a S, which I think will happen.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Felger & Mazz as I type, they are discussing the latest Patriots rumor............................

Brandin Cooks to the Redski8ns for their 2nd round pick. That would be #44. They are also saying that the Chicago Bears have also chimed in and are offering their 2nd round pick #39.

Word is that the Patriots don't want to go on a search for a left tackle and want to keep Nate Solder from testing the free agent market. By trading Cooks, they get rid of a resigning problem at the end of this season and gain about $8M in cap space.

They are also talking about a another rumor..............Pete Carroll supposedly called Bill Belichick about his interest in Richard Sherman. No other details. This comes on the heels of Michael Bennett being traded to the Philadelphia Eagles for the Eagles 5th Round pick. Are the Seahawks having a fire sale??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felger and Mazz are saying that the Pats and Bears are in full discussions about Brandin Cooks to Chicago for the #39.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Felger & Mazz as I type, they are discussing the latest Patriots rumor............................

Brandin Cooks to the Redski8ns for their 2nd round pick. That would be #44. They are also saying that the Chicago Bears have also chimed in and are offering their 2nd round pick #39.

Word is that the Patriots don't want to go on a search for a left tackle and want to keep Nate Solder from testing the free agent market. By trading Cooks, they get rid of a resigning problem at the end of this season and gain about $8M in cap space.

They are also talking about a another rumor..............Pete Carroll supposedly called Bill Belichick about his interest in Richard Sherman. No other details. This comes on the heels of Michael Bennett being traded to the Philadelphia Eagles for the Eagles 5th Round pick. Are the Seahawks having a fire sale??

Funny, I was just in a meeting with my Boss(Saints fan) and the head of our Research and Development team(Seahawks fan). I predicted Richard Sherman would play for the Pats this year. I know there's a lot of people who have varying opinions on Sherman but I think he'd be a great addition.

Cooks is great but as long as we have Brady I'm not overly concerned about the offense.

I'd love to see the Pats with a dominating D for a change. F the "bend but don't break" philosophy. I'd personally love a stifling D that doesn't allow many yards OR points.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I was just in a meeting with my Boss(Saints fan) and the head of our Research and Development team(Seahawks fan). I predicted Richard Sherman would play for the Pats this year. I know there's a lot of people who have varying opinions on Sherman but I think he'd be a great addition.

Cooks is great but as long as we have Brady I'm not overly concerned about the offense.

I'd love to see the Pats with a dominating D for a change. F the "bend but don't break" philosophy. I'd personally love a stifling D that doesn't allow many yards OR points.

Sherman is nowhere near the player he was say 2-years ago. Throw in he suffered one of the worst injuries that a player can have. Others have come back from an Achilles but it usually isn't at the same level as before.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the TV screen as I type....NFL Rumor: Patriots/Texans discussing Clowney for Pats #1.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the TV screen as I type....NFL Rumor: Patriots/Texans discussing Clowney for Pats #1.

I would guess he would take a 1st and much more in a trade. Maybe 3rd rounder this year plus 2nd next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess he would take a 1st and much more in a trade. Maybe 3rd rounder this year plus 2nd next year.

I heard the Patriots might get Von Miller for a 1st rounder and Jordan Richards, and

a paycut.

;)

or maybe that was a haircut I heard. Yeah yeah, that's it a haircut!