• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD works for 24/7 a subsidiary of CBS Sports. I would guess that he sees and talks to many more sports people than most of us do.
Yeah I'm still not impressed, but he is entitled to his opinion. The issue is people assume these "EXPERTS" know more than the average Joe. These are the same dudes that ball washed Manziel, Leaf, etc and undervalued guys like Brady, Terrell Davis etc. So yeah I really have no appreciation for guy like that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm still not impressed, but he is entitled to his opinion. The issue is people assume these "EXPERTS" know more than the average Joe. These are the same dudes that ball washed Manziel, Leaf, etc and undervalued guys like Brady, Terrell Davis etc. So yeah I really have no appreciation for guy like that.

Do you want me to give examples with stories that are even public knowledge to show he isn't Manziel? Would that help? I'm sorry that you don't care about the experts. For me personally I have actually spent time with Baker Mayfield. He is a very cool guy that is dead set on being a great QB in the NFL. He cares deeply about teammates to the point when his team does lose he is the first to step up and take the blame for the loss.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want me to give examples with stories that are even public knowledge to show he isn't Manziel? Would that help? I'm sorry that you don't care about the experts. For me personally I have actually spent time with Baker Mayfield. He is a very cool guy that is dead set on being a great QB in the NFL. He cares deeply about teammates to the point when his team does lose he is the first to step up and take the blame for the loss.

No don't need stories they will write themselves in the next year or two. And I don't think they will be all that good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No don't need stories they will write themselves in the next year or two. And I don't think they will be all that good.

So pretty much you have made your own narrative and anything counter to that just should be ignored by you. Got it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New avi.................same old BigKen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty much you have made your own narrative and anything counter to that just should be ignored by you. Got it.
No, I have made my own narrative and based on history I am more comfortable with that then the "experts" or some random ass dude on the internet. As I said I don't want him on the Pats, I don't trust his game at all and I am not one to get caught up in the media hype. And I don't know you from jack squat for all I know you could be the local janitor at some elementary school in Madison Wisconsin.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I have made my own narrative and based on history I am more comfortable with that then the "experts" or some random ass dude on the internet. As I said I don't want him on the Pats, I don't trust his game at all and I am not one to get caught up in the media hype. And I don't know you from jack squat for all I know you could be the local janitor at some elementary school in Madison Wisconsin.

That is why I offered to present you with public stories told by coaches of his, ex-teammates, family and friends. None of these are based on experts or some random internet guy. Yet again because you have your narrative on a guy you have never met you are set. Good luck with that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I offered to present you with public stories told by coaches of his, ex-teammates, family and friends. None of these are based on experts or some random internet guy. Yet again because you have your narrative on a guy you have never met you are set. Good luck with that.
LMAO I have never met Jesus pretty sure he was okay, never met Hitler pretty sure he was not. I wouldn't give a rats ass what friends and family and teammates say they are bound almost obligated to be biased, so yeah if that is what you are going with you can keep your stories.

Why is so important to you that I value your opinion? You are really not that important to me. I have my assessment you have yours live with that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the NFL Network, Path to the Draft. They were talking about the bottom five teams picking in the draft this year. They think that BB will make a trade to move up and get Trumaine Jackson LB Virginia Tech. This talk was about guys picking 28-32 and didn't mention #23. So, if they make a pick with #23 what would it take to move up to #24 through #27? And would Jackson be available that late in the draft. and if the Patriots were that interested in him, why wouldn't they take him at #23??

Makes me wonder if these TV guys are sniffing glue or something.......

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremaine Edmunds, not Jackson. His dad is Ferrell Edmunds the old Dolphins TE. I'd be shocked if he was on the board at 23. He'd be a steal that late.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Rowe gets extended? It seems like a BB move to do this for 2 more years to see what they got. I mean, he can't break the bank and as of right now is CB #2. I would like to see what he can do if he stays healthy. IDK..I think it would be wise, and at least extend your depth back there over the next few years. I am still on board with them getting a CB for next yr in case JMC and Rowe leave. OR worse case, move Rowe back to the slot with the new CB on the outside.

Also keep seeing this pop up in random tweets and such.....Dez to NE for a pick?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the NFL Network, Path to the Draft. They were talking about the bottom five teams picking in the draft this year. They think that BB will make a trade to move up and get Trumaine Jackson LB Virginia Tech. This talk was about guys picking 28-32 and didn't mention #23. So, if they make a pick with #23 what would it take to move up to #24 through #27? And would Jackson be available that late in the draft. and if the Patriots were that interested in him, why wouldn't they take him at #23??

Makes me wonder if these TV guys are sniffing glue or something.......
If the Pats got Edmunds that would be a move I could appreciate

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much given that the Cowboys want the kid Riley as their next #1 WR. Itr's been rumored for the past few weeks that Jerry Jones is ready to move Dez Bryant to get into position to get Riley. The big problem for him is that no one wants Dez's cap hit and certainly don't want to trade their first round pick to get it.
Bryant has 2 years left on his contract at $12.5M per year. While it's not a back breaker, most teams don't have that much free cash laying around in April.

Would the Patriots do it? Is Dez worth the #23 pick? If Bill could get Bryant and maybe a cheap Cowboy linebacker or offensive lineman to go along with him, he might give it up, but I think he'd be more inclined to give #31.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much given that the Cowboys want the kid Riley as their next #1 WR. Itr's been rumored for the past few weeks that Jerry Jones is ready to move Dez Bryant to get into position to get Riley. The big problem for him is that no one wants Dez's cap hit and certainly don't want to trade their first round pick to get it.
Bryant has 2 years left on his contract at $12.5M per year. While it's not a back breaker, most teams don't have that much free cash laying around in April.

Would the Patriots do it? Is Dez worth the #23 pick? If Bill could get Bryant and maybe a cheap Cowboy linebacker or offensive lineman to go along with him, he might give it up, but I think he'd be more inclined to give #31.
My question is, is Dez worth the cost $12.5 mil a year for a guy that seems to have lost his zeal for the game seems a lot. Couple that with a pick I don't think teams bite.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might take a flyer on Dez if he was a FA and willing to take a prove it deal, but no chance in hell would I give up a pick for him and/or take that cap hit. The only thing he's really got going for him at this point is name recognition, he's an Olympic class meathead who has lost a step and like YR said I don't think cares enough about football to put the work in to overcome that.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate the idea of extending Rowe, I do believe he's still got some untapped upside, but given his tendency to be banged up a lot and the overall unevenness of his play, it would have to be pretty team friendly to be worth it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Dez for a pick.

Let Jerry cut him then sign him to a 1 or 2 year prove it deal.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate the idea of extending Rowe, I do believe he's still got some untapped upside, but given his tendency to be banged up a lot and the overall unevenness of his play, it would have to be pretty team friendly to be worth it.

Kind of why I think now might be a good time. Extend him for 2 yrs at a friendly deal and go from there.