• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where to put this, but I thought it was a good read....some interesting words by some ex players. Makes me think that if more guys on this team were FA, they would be gone. IMO, BB could have made Solder, Lewis, and Dola the highest paid at their pos, and they would have still walked....

Complexity of Gronk situation reflects bigger issues facing Patriots

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again media fodder, when you read the comments did you really take anything from them you didn't already know? I didn't! Solder and Danny said the same thing it's a business and NE can be cold we knew that, but conjur up images of those two in the locker room after a playoff game. They sure seemed pretty damn happy then. Lewis comment is what it, it is, The team is not here to make you comfortable or pull your damn chair out for you at the table. Man up you are getting paid.

As for Gronk again a lot is being said about him but not by him if people want to buy into this so be it. If he wants out so be it trade his ass.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's mostly clickbait-itis but seriously what the hell happened to Tom Curran? He's remade himself into a poor man's Borges this off-season, grabbing every slightly-north-of-innocuous comment and turning it into a hit piece shooing BB out the door. I can't take anything he says seriously anymore.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's lost about BB is that he gives many players opportunities they would not get else where... Call it part of the business model if you like, but it builds up a different kind of loyalty that's difficult to measure.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is not mentioned in any of these hit pieces, when they say Solder left for the highest paid LT contract and Danny left for money Bill was "Never" going to match is that the Pats entered the off season up against the cap. they didn't have the money to throw around like some others.

And good for Danny, but it's not as if Bill screwed him. He gave him the opportunity to play for a SB contender every year when he was in the middle of a streak of not playing a complete season. If Danny had not taken a cut he was going to get cut. Then what would his payday have been?

I hope he plays a few full seasons and gets paid well, but I will not be surprised if he gets hurt and cut.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Lewis...that dude was straight up out of the league for 2 entire seasons and could never stay healthy until BB gave him a chance and he turned that into a $6MM payday. He owes Belichick a hell of a lot. Glad he's "comfortable" in Tennessee, chances are very good he won't see all of that other $14MM on that deal.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I am gathering is that many of you don't think that there is some kind of riff between BB and some players, and that the media is making all this up??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I am gathering is that many of you don't think that there is some kind of riff between BB and some players, and that the media is making all this up??
There's area between "making it up" and "making more out of it than there is". I tend to judge BB mostly on his results, but let's face it.... He has no reservations about being an asshole.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are players that aren't on BB's Christmas card list and vice versa. That's always been the case, though ("This team hates their coach" - Tom Jackson, 2003). The ferocity with which the media has pounced on every faint whiff of disgruntlement and conjured it into a pearl-clutching fait accompli that Belichick will be ushered out the door in short order is unprecedented and fantastically off the mark, though.

If there was so much concern over Brady's buy-in (and this applies to Schefter's "report" this morning, as well), does anyone really believe for one second that Bill would've traded Jimmy away? If there's so much lack of gruntle in the building, why would McDaniels have agreed to punt what might've been his last chance at a HC job to stay here? Just because we're closer to the end of this run than the beginning doesn't mean we should be rushing to hasten it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are players that aren't on BB's Christmas card list and vice versa. That's always been the case, though ("This team hates their coach" - Tom Jackson, 2003). The ferocity with which the media has pounced on every faint whiff of disgruntlement and conjured it into a pearl-clutching fait accompli that Belichick will be ushered out the door in short order is unprecedented and fantastically off the mark, though.

If there was so much concern over Brady's buy-in (and this applies to Schefter's "report" this morning, as well), does anyone really believe for one second that Bill would've traded Jimmy away? If there's so much lack of gruntle in the building, why would McDaniels have agreed to punt what might've been his last chance at a HC job to stay here? Just because we're closer to the end of this run than the beginning doesn't mean we should be rushing to hasten it.
To restate, sit back and enjoy the house money we've been playing with since....2002. Whether it comes to end now or in 1,2,3...10 years is irrelevant because we are not entitled to any of it. Again, sit back and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick has run the Patriots hus way since he arrived. It's worked until recently. The first crack showed when he traded Richard Seymour. More recently when he traded Jamie Collins and then Chandler Jones. That weakened the defense and then having injuries after, compounded it. The most redent was no playing Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl. To possibly have lost the Super Bowl because he couldn't swallow his ego and just see if Butler coukd play corner better than Rowe or Richards is just stupid. No other word for it, stupid. Regardless of the crime Butler committed, Belichick hurt 52 other players, 10 other coaches and his boss because he had to prove that he was the man.

That attitude is coming back to bite him in the ass, Worse, it might bite the New England Patriots in the ass. The Belichick believers cling to the belief that BB is right and his attitude and actions are the onkly way to succeed. Problem is that many players in the NFL and the new guys coming in to the NFL don't see things in the same light. Belichick has one year remaining on his contract to coach the New England Patriots.

I'll bet a case of your favorite beverage, Kraft will not renew it.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever players people feel he may have lost by not playing Butler...

How many more do you think he'd've lost if he had put Butler in and they lost anyway? Knowing that there were no consequences for a guy who hadn't put the work in for those two weeks before the game that they did. Think McCourty and Harmon wouldn't be pissed?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick has one year remaining on his contract to coach the New England Patriots.

Tony Mazz reported in January that this was NOT the last year on BB's contract. Nobody but Bill and RKK knows how long he's signed for.

So if you want to bet whether or not BB is the coach of this team in 2019, I'll take that bet.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Mazz reported in January that this was NOT the last year on BB's contract. Nobody but Bill and RKK knows how long he's signed for.

So if you want to bet whether or not BB is the coach of this team in 2019, I'll take that bet.

I'll take that bet too regardless of what's left on the contract. All this crap in the media is just that, crap.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick has run the Patriots hus way since he arrived. It's worked until recently. The first crack showed when he traded Richard Seymour. More recently when he traded Jamie Collins and then Chandler Jones. That weakened the defense and then having injuries after, compounded it. The most redent was no playing Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl. To possibly have lost the Super Bowl because he couldn't swallow his ego and just see if Butler coukd play corner better than Rowe or Richards is just stupid. No other word for it, stupid. Regardless of the crime Butler committed, Belichick hurt 52 other players, 10 other coaches and his boss because he had to prove that he was the man.

That attitude is coming back to bite him in the ass, Worse, it might bite the New England Patriots in the ass. The Belichick believers cling to the belief that BB is right and his attitude and actions are the onkly way to succeed. Problem is that many players in the NFL and the new guys coming in to the NFL don't see things in the same light. Belichick has one year remaining on his contract to coach the New England Patriots.

I'll bite: If BB isn't the coach/GM do they get to the SB in the first place?
Didn't they win the SB after letting JC & CJ go?
Wasn't Seymour about future signability?
Which had a bigger affect: Brandon Cooks forgetting he wasn't a hurdler and was a sprinter, then running blind into a diesel tractor or Malcolm not playing? How bout the TD being bobbled out the end zone but still called a TD vs Malcolm not playing?

BB commits a lot of mistakes, but nobody puts his team in a better position to win.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you may be right? However, winning cures a lot. Another SB win and all will be forgotten. Now that's not to say BB would leave or Kraft doesn't renew his contract regardless. It just won't be as vehement.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that bet too regardless of what's left on the contract. All this crap in the media is just that, crap.
I don't know? I think that meeting between RK, BB, McDaniels and TB12 at the end of the year laid some new internal ground rules.

People also sometimes forget the owner has the final bless off on any trade. So RK has agreed with ALL prior moves.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bite: If BB isn't the coach/GM do they get to the SB in the first place?
Didn't they win the SB after letting JC & CJ go?
Wasn't Seymour about future signability?
Which had a bigger affect: Brandon Cooks forgetting he wasn't a hurdler and was a sprinter, then running blind into a diesel tractor or Malcolm not playing? How bout the TD being bobbled out the end zone but still called a TD vs Malcolm not playing?

BB commits a lot of mistakes, but nobody puts his team in a better position to win.
All good points. Butler not playing wasn't the deciding factor in that game. If Tommy boy just extended his arms on that one pass...