• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you remember the fantasy league a couple of years back with Romo on IR. I didn't have Romo on my roster, didn't pick him up but voiced an opinion then to and got nailed for it.

Oh well....it is what it is. Other than Colors, I still don't see anyone above the other posters with regards to being a nice guy

I have always tried to look at it as opinions are opinions. We all have our own. We also have the option of changing them if we want to. If someone disagrees with my opinion that's fine. It's when they attack an opinion. To me it's fine to discuss the disagreement but if possible try not to smear ones opinion. Sure there are outlandish thoughts.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Rangers will cut Dyson and things will swing into the Christmas spirit...

don't think he will be cut but he has certainly stunk up the joint, time to move on to a different role for him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the ranger board serves as a good example

well that certainly isnt a model board either, unless you're looking for dysfunction :D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that certainly isnt a model board either, unless you're looking for dysfunction :D
It just seems to me it's the nature of the beast on all chat boards. I just take issue with the ones that consider themselves above all that when their not. Not many Cowboy Colors kinda guys out there.

It's still about one's own entertainment...one's own opinion really doesn't hold more value than another

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me it's the nature of the beast on all chat boards. I just take issue with the ones that consider themselves above all that when their not. Not many Cowboy Colors kinda guys out there.

It's still about one's own entertainment...one's own opinion really doesn't hold more value than another

Yes, its the ones that insist they are always right.......even when proven not to be, that are a bit of a whipass. My original post in this regard was mostly a joke. We havent begun to get to the level of the Shitskins board. Place is as F'd up a their organization, quite fitting

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said this is the worst time of the year for this board (and ESPN). The same cranky bastards start the same crap every year...you can set your watch to it.

Oh well, draft will be here soon...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its the ones that insist they are always right.......even when proven not to be, that are a bit of a whipass. My original post in this regard was mostly a joke. We havent begun to get to the level of the Shitskins board. Place is as F'd up a their organization, quite fitting

I'm always right. Get over it...

/s

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said this is the worst time of the year for this board (and ESPN). The same cranky bastards start the same crap every year...you can set your watch to it.

Oh well, draft will be here soon...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pday thanks for the kind words.

My Mom taught me a very important life lesson when I was about 12. She told me son you wont get along with everybody but remember this " Anybody can teach you something and anybody can show you how to do it right and how to do it wrong. The lesson is take the knowledge learned and use it to better yourself and share it don't be stingy with knowledge or help. If you really cant get along with somebody remember to not act like them, talk like them, but do smile at them because it take's way to much energy to be in a bad mood."

Debate class taught me to look at the other side even when you don't agree with it you owe it to yourself to try to understand the other point of view you just might learn something. In the end show the opposing view the respect you would want no matter what you get back.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo is taking another shot at qualifying for the U.S. Open

Ex-Cowboys QB Tony Romo is taking another shot at qualifying for the U.S. Open
138811611.jpg

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, seen here at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in 2012, is competing in a U.S. Open qualifier.
(JEFF GROSS/GETTY IMAGES)
SETH WALDER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 11:11 AM

It turns out Tony Romo hasn’t hung up his spikes after all. His golf spikes, that is.

The former Cowboys quarterback has entered a local qualifier for the U.S. Open Monday in Aledo, Texas, according to former ESPN reporter Ed Werder.

Romo is joining Jim Nantz as CBS’ top NFL commentator team this fall. But it’s a long time until football starts again, and Romo has long had a knack for golf.

The former Cowboys QB has tried multiple times to qualify for the U.S. Open, and in 2010 reached a sectional qualifier. That year, he bowed out because bad weather forced a scheduling conflict with the Cowboys’ OTAs, though Romo was off to a poor start anyway.

Jordan Spieth taking all of Tony Romo's money playing golf

631764232.jpg

Tony Romo lost his starting job to Dak Prescott and then decided to retire to the broadcast booth.
(TOM PENNINGTON/GETTY IMAGES)
In 2015, Romo decided to stop playing golf in the offseason in hopes of maintaining his health. He ended up getting hurt anyway, which is part of the reason why he’s now a member of the broadcast booth and not on an NFL roster.

Fortunately for Romo, he shouldn’t have to worry about golf injuries affecting his new gig.

This year's U.S. Open will be held at Erin Hills in Wisconsin from June 15-18.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo is taking another shot at qualifying for the U.S. Open

Ex-Cowboys QB Tony Romo is taking another shot at qualifying for the U.S. Open
138811611.jpg

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, seen here at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in 2012, is competing in a U.S. Open qualifier.
(JEFF GROSS/GETTY IMAGES)
SETH WALDER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 11:11 AM

It turns out Tony Romo hasn’t hung up his spikes after all. His golf spikes, that is.

The former Cowboys quarterback has entered a local qualifier for the U.S. Open Monday in Aledo, Texas, according to former ESPN reporter Ed Werder.

Romo is joining Jim Nantz as CBS’ top NFL commentator team this fall. But it’s a long time until football starts again, and Romo has long had a knack for golf.

The former Cowboys QB has tried multiple times to qualify for the U.S. Open, and in 2010 reached a sectional qualifier. That year, he bowed out because bad weather forced a scheduling conflict with the Cowboys’ OTAs, though Romo was off to a poor start anyway.

Jordan Spieth taking all of Tony Romo's money playing golf

631764232.jpg

Tony Romo lost his starting job to Dak Prescott and then decided to retire to the broadcast booth.
(TOM PENNINGTON/GETTY IMAGES)
In 2015, Romo decided to stop playing golf in the offseason in hopes of maintaining his health. He ended up getting hurt anyway, which is part of the reason why he’s now a member of the broadcast booth and not on an NFL roster.

Fortunately for Romo, he shouldn’t have to worry about golf injuries affecting his new gig.

This year's U.S. Open will be held at Erin Hills in Wisconsin from June 15-18.

Sweet Sweet news.

I was really curious if he was going to give it another shot.
I have poked around the internet but can't find if any pro sports player has ever also qualified for the US Open.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS producer believes Tony Romo will be the next John Madden
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 23, 2017, 3:09 AM EDT
624669164-e1490386959841.jpg
Getty Images
CBS is obviously quite excited about the addition of former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo to their broadcast booth.

The network is so happy to have him that Romo is going to get his first appearance in the booth during this weekend’s PGA Tour stop at the Dean and DeLuca Invitational at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, CBS producer Lance Barrow announced at a gala for the tournament Monday night that Romo would make his CBS debut this week in the booth at the 18th hole.

In addition to announcing Romo’s foray on the network’s golf broadcast this weekend, Barrow made a lofty comparison in likening Romo to an NFL broadcasting legend.

I think he is going to be great,” Barrow said. “I think we have the next John Madden on your hands.”

Romo has yet to work a single NFL game, but in comparing Romo to Madden he’s setting an incredibly high standard for the newest member of the network’s announcing team.

After his coaching career was complete, Madden became the most recognizable NFL analyst on TV. Madden paired with Pat Summerall to form the No. 1 crew in NFL broadcasting, first working for CBS before moving to FOX in the mid-1990’s. His popularity continued to grow with the introduction of the Madden NFL game franchise.

Whether Romo could potentially ever reach Madden territory as a broadcaster is yet to be seen, but clearly CBS is incredibly bullish on their addition to their staff.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS producer believes Tony Romo will be the next John Madden
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 23, 2017, 3:09 AM EDT
624669164-e1490386959841.jpg
Getty Images
CBS is obviously quite excited about the addition of former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo to their broadcast booth.

The network is so happy to have him that Romo is going to get his first appearance in the booth during this weekend’s PGA Tour stop at the Dean and DeLuca Invitational at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, CBS producer Lance Barrow announced at a gala for the tournament Monday night that Romo would make his CBS debut this week in the booth at the 18th hole.

In addition to announcing Romo’s foray on the network’s golf broadcast this weekend, Barrow made a lofty comparison in likening Romo to an NFL broadcasting legend.

I think he is going to be great,” Barrow said. “I think we have the next John Madden on your hands.”

Romo has yet to work a single NFL game, but in comparing Romo to Madden he’s setting an incredibly high standard for the newest member of the network’s announcing team.

After his coaching career was complete, Madden became the most recognizable NFL analyst on TV. Madden paired with Pat Summerall to form the No. 1 crew in NFL broadcasting, first working for CBS before moving to FOX in the mid-1990’s. His popularity continued to grow with the introduction of the Madden NFL game franchise.

Whether Romo could potentially ever reach Madden territory as a broadcaster is yet to be seen, but clearly CBS is incredibly bullish on their addition to their staff.
I have a feeling he will do well. Kind of interesting that seems several former NFC East Qbs have gone into broadcasting. So far not a huge fan of any of them. Aikman great Qb obviously but is boring to me as an announcer. Phil Simms is even more boring than Aikman. And to be honest theismann is the worst out of them all. Theismann flat out sucks and is a dumbass

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both Aikman and Simms as analysts. I think both are very good and come off as knowledgeable and do their jobs very well. Theisman is horrible. IMO he is the type of analyst that can cause people to change the channel. I think Romo will do very well and not just in Football. I think he can be good at whatever they ask him to do.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R
I like both Aikman and Simms as analysts. I think both are very good and come off as knowledgeable and do their jobs very well. Theisman is horrible. IMO he is the type of analyst that can cause people to change the channel. I think Romo will do very well and not just in Football. I think he can be good at whatever they ask him to do.
When Aikman got the gig most non Cowboy fans were pissed insisting he'd Cowboy biased, when he wasn't biased many Cowboy fans became pissed.