• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo thoughts

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is to me, but I don't leave anyone out of their share of blame. Some are playing better than others and some deserve more than others, but it is a team game and team blame.

No twist said everyone is too blame , well except for Lee or something to that effect.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was well documented at the beginning of the season that he wasnt getting proper depth in the zone coverages vs the pass. I have visions of Gates as I am typing and actually he was in man coverage on that play I think. I said he has been the best player no doubt. He has been great.

you're right....no controller/joy stick with any player.

has the point been made?
anything else?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was well documented at the beginning of the season that he wasnt getting proper depth in the zone coverages vs the pass. I have visions of Gates as I am typing and actually he was in man coverage on that play I think. I said he has been the best player no doubt. He has been great.

I still wont blame him ......

New scheme everyone was gonna have bad moments early. It's called a learning curve.
And the same time ... rather than find blame to throw .... rant and rave ..... I think it became clearly obvious he IS the first leader this defense has had in years.
Not only that ... he will blame himself rather than throw it on play calling or another player ....

So we will just have to disagree

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wont blame him ......

New scheme everyone was gonna have bad moments early. It's called a learning curve.
And the same time ... rather than find blame to throw .... rant and rave ..... I think it became clearly obvious he IS the first leader this defense has had in years.
Not only that ... he will blame himself rather than throw it on play calling or another player ....

So we will just have to disagree

Totally agree with that one

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he has by far been our best player, but he has not been w/o mistakes as twist suggested. It started out as me giving LP and Orton a pat on the back for not screwing something up yet. Everyone has played a part.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you can leave out Lee . He has been our best player no doubt , but he has had some hiccups in coverage especially early. The only people that cant be blamed are Orton and LP Ladaceur

He said you can blame anyone on the field but Lee. That works too, since he's only on the field half the time

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure you do.
you're a smart guy!

I am smart in certain areas. I have said it numerous times on here that when it comes to Xs and Os Im clueless. I couldnt design a defense to stop a QB sneak .

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he has by far been our best player, but he has not been w/o mistakes as twist suggested. It started out as me giving LP and Orton a pat on the back for not screwing something up yet. Everyone has played a part.

dont change my words hoss

I said every player has a bad play

What I said is he is the one player I don't blame .....
(I'd take that a step farther and name Hatcher too .... but dont like the wont be back with Cowboys next year talk) Not a fan of distractions

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those stats are down from last year yes, but they are right on par with most of the seasons he has had. Last year was his best passing year of his career. He is still averaging 64.6% of his passed this year. His INTs are down and his TDs are up. His yards per game are down from last year but are right on par with all his other seasons. His QB rating is the second highest of his career so far this season. I think he is fine, there are other things that make a QB drop in stats like Oline problems and Wide receiver play. I think we as fans expect to much from Romo, he's good but he's no Manning, Brady or Brees.

In the 7 yrs of watching Romo it's taking me this long to realize he's not the type of QB that you want to use his stats to justify him. If you didn't know anything about the Cowboys season/record over that time span and only looked at his numbers you would probably assume that he has played for multiple conference title and even a SB. His numbers don't give a true reflection of this teams failures while at the helm. Romo actually has numbers that can be argued with any of the 3 Elite QB's in the league. As far as the line goes this year The Cowboys line has held his own so I would disagree on that front of poor OL play. Romo simply hasn't gotten in done when it counts most, I wanna give him a pass because of the Defense which is awful, but the fact remains he's never gotten it done.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 7 yrs of watching Romo it's taking me this long to realize he's not the type of QB that you want to use his stats to justify him. If you didn't know anything about the Cowboys season/record over that time span and only looked at his numbers you would probably assume that he has played for multiple conference title and even a SB. His numbers don't give a true reflection of this teams failures while at the helm. Romo actually has numbers that can be argued with any of the 3 Elite QB's in the league. As far as the line goes this year The Cowboys line has held his own so I would disagree on that front of poor OL play. Romo simply hasn't gotten in done when it counts most, I wanna give him a pass because of the Defense which is awful, but the fact remains he's never gotten it done.

True and I agree he's never gotten it done, but all the stat talk was in response to someone saying he hadn't looked but bet his stats where down as well. They really aren't was my point. As for the O-line, naw they are still crap, can't run block and Romo has been sacked 22 times in 10 games. That is on pace for the same amount of sacks as the previous 2 years. That doesn't even take into account the number of times he has been hit or had to scramble to avoid a sack or hit. I'm not buying the O-line is better.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will the excuses every stop for this clown from the loverboys here and Cowboys' management?? Being too afraid to draft a real leader and QB with excellent decision making skills, will continue to kill this team well into the foreseeable future. $100M+ to a guy with one playoff win in 10 years, is the reason why this team and it's fanbase will continue to be soft and delusional when it comes to one Tony Romeo.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why Romeo is the worst rated Qb in 3rd situations in the entire NFL....it's called poor decision making skills. Something the sandlot QB has displayed over his entire career at the most critical of times lol. Take away his athletic WRs and his reg season stats would suck as well. Instead of getting better, his decision making skills are getting worse as he enters a time when his physical skills will begin to decline.

Jerry-fanbase remain locked in a never ending death spiral because of past blunders at finding a QB....the love fear continues.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why Romeo is the worst rated Qb in 3rd situations in the entire NFL....it's called poor decision making skills. Something the sandlot QB has displayed over his entire career at the most critical of times lol. Take away his athletic WRs and his reg season stats would suck as well. Instead of getting better, his decision making skills are getting worse as he enters a time when his physical skills will begin to decline.

Jerry-fanbase remain locked in a never ending death spiral because of past blunders at finding a QB....the love fear continues.

Your long sad hatred and obsession with Romo is on such a scale that one has to start questioning your mental health.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your long sad hatred and obsession with Romo is on such a scale that one has to start questioning your mental health.

Well atleast after he called him Romeo ....... We will no longer question his sexuality :L

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well atleast after he called him Romeo ....... We will no longer question his sexuality :L

I have long maintained the reason Frye doesn't like Romo, is because Romo prefers pretty blonds instead of middle aged, fat bald men.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo makes mistakes just like any other QB in the NFL. The problem is that he's always played on mediocre teams and therefore his mistakes are usually magnified. Put him on the teams in the early 90's and they would have still won two SB's. The problem is and always will be the ego driven GM who doesn't know shit about building an NFL team.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo makes mistakes just like any other QB in the NFL. The problem is that he's always played on mediocre teams and therefore his mistakes are usually magnified. Put him on the teams in the early 90's and they would have still won two SB's. The problem is and always will be the ego driven GM who doesn't know shit about building an NFL team.

Can't disagree with your position on Jerry.