• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo thoughts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 5. Last 4. Missing a game somewhere...Oh well, I don't think the specifics change the point...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go by what you see in the games, not the box scores. A lot of missed throws and poor decisions this year from Romo. And the first 5 games were no more or less a part of the season than the last 4. Denver and St Louis games he was great even with the game ending pick against Denver, SD game he played well, but came up with a goose egg in the 2nd half. Giants game was hit and miss even though the numbers looked good, KC game had horrible red zone decisions that could have turned the game around. But, even if you want to give him the first 5 games, you don't get to play well in 50% of the games as a $100M veteran NFL QB and then say you played well. The bad games need to be the exception and lately they've been the norm.

Dude ..you said his accuracy was off most of the year, now your talking about bad decisions.

In short your putting the blame of our record on Romo ...and I don't have a problem with that. He is the QB.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I like the gunslinger better is because he seems to see the field better conversely he takes more chances and sometimes makes ill advised throws, sow I understand why most don't like the gunslinger. I think playing a more settled down tamed style of ball has actually stopped him from being who he truly is and thats why he in my opinion has been less affective. his TD's are where they always are, but without checking the stats I'd bet his completion % is down and is YPC I'd say is significantly down. I'm not sue if his INT's or down I expect him to finish in the range of 12-15 which is probably his avg.

A lot of those stats are down from last year yes, but they are right on par with most of the seasons he has had. Last year was his best passing year of his career. He is still averaging 64.6% of his passed this year. His INTs are down and his TDs are up. His yards per game are down from last year but are right on par with all his other seasons. His QB rating is the second highest of his career so far this season. I think he is fine, there are other things that make a QB drop in stats like Oline problems and Wide receiver play. I think we as fans expect to much from Romo, he's good but he's no Manning, Brady or Brees.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those stats are down from last year yes, but they are right on par with most of the seasons he has had. Last year was his best passing year of his career. He is still averaging 64.6% of his passed this year. His INTs are down and his TDs are up. His yards per game are down from last year but are right on par with all his other seasons. His QB rating is the second highest of his career so far this season. I think he is fine, there are other things that make a QB drop in stats like Oline problems and Wide receiver play. I think we as fans expect to much from Romo, he's good but he's no Manning, Brady or Brees.

Not saying that this is what you are doing, but im against the "its everybody else" mantra. I think Romo played like crap Sunday, and hasnt played all that well lately. I expect he will play better.

I wonder what his rating would have been if Dez and Williams didnt break tackles for TD's in the Detroit game?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that this is what you are doing, but im against the "its everybody else" mantra. I think Romo played like crap Sunday, and hasnt played all that well lately. I expect he will play better.

I wonder what his rating would have been if Dez and Williams didnt break tackles for TD's in the Detroit game?

No that's not what I am doing, football is a team game. Everyone from Romo to the special teams need to play better. With that said you can't blame just one player for the way this team has played, it has been a team effort.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what Dez and Williams get paid to do, catch passes, break tackles and score TD's. If you are going to take a QB's rating away because the wide receiver had to break a tackle to score, Brees and Manning would have some low ratings as well.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Dez and Williams get paid to do, catch passes, break tackles and score TD's. If you are going to take a QB's rating away because the wide receiver had to break a tackle to score, Brees and Manning would have some low ratings as well.

My point was to any earlier post about wr's possibly being to blame for his declining month.
But to your point, isnt Romo paid to convert 3rd downs? Is everyone else to blame for that stat?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude ..you said his accuracy was off most of the year, now your talking about bad decisions.

In short your putting the blame of our record on Romo ...and I don't have a problem with that. He is the QB.

Yes. As I have said all year his accuracy has been off this year and he has made poor decisions, in particular in the red zone - I don't get the "now". No, I am not putting the blame of our record on Romo. I am putting part of the blame of our record on Romo. Unlike the post that said 'he is not and has never been the problem', which is what I was originally responding to.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree here. No I'm not a shrink but I really think the overbearing media and fans who are all over Romo's mistakes have him afraid the take any risk at all.

I've been thinking that may be the biggest issue as well, although it's clearly not the only issue.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was to any earlier post about wr's possibly being to blame for his declining month.
But to your point, isnt Romo paid to convert 3rd downs? Is everyone else to blame for that stat?

Sure Romo is paid to convert 3rd downs, but can he do it alone? I never said everyone is to blame but Romo, I said Romo isn't all the blame. Some of it is Romo's fault, some is the crappy Olines fault, and some is the receivers fault.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All im saying is when you trot out ratings, is that Romo has been the beneficiary of some pretty good wr play. The Detroit game was an example of where I dont think he played all that great, but the stats say he had a good game.

But no, I dont think he is totally to blame. But the "he's not a prt of the problem" piece chaps my hide.(yep Im 40). like i said, I expect him to get it together. if not, its another busted season.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can blame everyone on and off the field. Period EVERYONE. (well except Lee)

Our great new guard .. injured ... does that happen if he come into camp earlier and is in better shape?
The fact we don't run the ball enough?
Rants on the sideline that held up play calling
Romo not being as accurate here of late
dropped passes....
maybe not enough individual effort learning the new scheme on defense
Cap hell
young safeties (growing) but clearly not ready at this point to be starters

pick your poison ........ it had been a total team effort. ( from the owner down to the towel boy)

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All im saying is when you trot out ratings, is that Romo has been the beneficiary of some pretty good wr play. The Detroit game was an example of where I dont think he played all that great, but the stats say he had a good game.

But no, I dont think he is totally to blame. But the "he's not a prt of the problem" piece chaps my hide.(yep Im 40). like i said, I expect him to get it together. if not, its another busted season.

Football is a team sport, the entire team is part of the problem IMO including Romo. He is the leader, so its up to him to get the offense on par. Yes Romo has had some good wide receiver play this season, but there has also been some not so good WR play this season as well. Williams fumble in San Diego, Dez's drop on third down against the lions, both cost us TD drives, and there is more that I could list. I do agree with you that Romo is part of the blame, and like you I expect him to get it together and soon.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can blame everyone on and off the field. Period EVERYONE. (well except Lee)

Our great new guard .. injured ... does that happen if he come into camp earlier and is in better shape?
The fact we don't run the ball enough?
Rants on the sideline that held up play calling
Romo not being as accurate here of late
dropped passes....
maybe not enough individual effort learning the new scheme on defense
Cap hell
young safeties (growing) but clearly not ready at this point to be starters

pick your poison ........ it had been a total team effort. ( from the owner down to the towel boy)

That just about sums it up in a nut shell. Good post.:agree:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. As I have said all year his accuracy has been off this year and he has made poor decisions, in particular in the red zone - I don't get the "now". No, I am not putting the blame of our record on Romo. I am putting part of the blame of our record on Romo. Unlike the post that said 'he is not and has never been the problem', which is what I was originally responding to.

Arent we better in the red zone this year though as far as TDs? I could be wrong. It seems though that the turnover differential and red zone scoring were two things the team has actually improved in this season. I think though this is the reason we are up there pretty high in points per game. I know yardage wise we are way down from years past. The penalties seemed down earlier in the yr as well. They have been coming back lately. In the past I can remember us getting 100 and 110 yds on 80 yard scoring drives- in other words making up for penalty yardage.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you can leave out Lee . He has been our best player no doubt , but he has had some hiccups in coverage especially early. The only people that cant be blamed are Orton and LP Ladaceur

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you can leave out Lee . He has been our best player no doubt , but he has had some hiccups in coverage especially early. The only people that cant be blamed are Orton and LP Ladaceur

Not sure if this is to me, but I don't leave anyone out of their share of blame. Some are playing better than others and some deserve more than others, but it is a team game and team blame.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree....

Now everyone can have a bad play ..... but from what I watched with Lee ... the plays you might be thinking of ...... are coming from him not only doing HIS JOB .... but having him have to put himself in a position because others werent doing theirs

I'd take Lee over any middle Lber in the league right now.......... and the difference he makes ..... CLEARLY SHOWED when he went off the field against the Saints

It went from a ball game to a blow out in about 3.2 seconds

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....2 days and we all agree it's a group effort with everyone having some ownership.

trust me....Sean Lee prefers the word everyone too.....that's what makes him who he is

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was well documented at the beginning of the season that he wasnt getting proper depth in the zone coverages vs the pass. I have visions of Gates as I am typing and actually he was in man coverage on that play I think. I said he has been the best player no doubt. He has been great.