• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodriguez to be Suspended Entire 2014 Season

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then every commish should be in jail and every executive should be, every coach, every player.. etc

not every, just like not every player is being suspended for 162 games without failing a drug test.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not every, just like not every player is being suspended for 162 games without failing a drug test.

arod's pr blitz worked on some non-thinkers, obviously. lol.

first, the jda doesn't require failing a drug test to be suspended. second, the suspension also involves infractions of the cba.

a-fraud's situation is unique. he has every right to take it to federal court. my bet is that it's yet another PR stunt to try to salvage his demolished "legacy," and his lawyers will drop it before a-roid gets deposed.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arod's pr blitz worked on some non-thinkers, obviously. lol.

first, the jda doesn't require failing a drug test to be suspended. second, the suspension also involves infractions of the cba.

a-fraud's situation is unique. he has every right to take it to federal court. my bet is that it's yet another PR stunt to try to salvage his demolished "legacy," and his lawyers will drop it before a-roid gets deposed.

i clearly stated arods suspension was just!! my career was possibly ended cause of the implementation/suggestion that weight lifting be part of baseball, which obviously was not the way, INTRODUCTION into game PEDS!!!!!!

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would too.

Regardless of how you feel about Rodriguez or PEDs, MLB has rules in place for dealing with steroid abuse and he certainly hasn't been treated like everyone else in this BioGenesis incident. I understand MLB is trying to hang the entire history of PEDs in MLB around his neck but there's no reason ARod has to agree to it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too.

Regardless of how you feel about Rodriguez or PEDs, MLB has rules in place dealing with steroid abuse and he certainly hasn't been treated like everyone else in this BioGenesis incident.

his situation is both very similar and very different from the other players. he is EXACTLY like a lot of them because he never popped positive, but the JDA doesn't require it. he is DIFFERENT from them because of the violations to the CBA and supposed tampering with the investigation.

i, for one, hope that a-fraud takes this federal case all the way and allows himself to be deposed. :)

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep talking about the milestone bonuses. Now, I can't remember the exact terms, but I'm pretty sure those milestone bonuses were based around a marketing plan, where A-Rod would get those bonuses as a cut of all the commemorative merchandise the Yankees would sell to celebrate the accomplishment.

If the Yankees don't celebrate the accomplishment or sell any merchandise, they don't have to give him the bonuses. That was always the impression I had of those incentives. That's all out the window now, if my recollection is correct and the bonuses are not guaranteed.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too.

Regardless of how you feel about Rodriguez or PEDs, MLB has rules in place for dealing with steroid abuse and he certainly hasn't been treated like everyone else in this BioGenesis incident. I understand MLB is trying to hang the entire history of PEDs in MLB around his neck but there's no reason ARod has to agree to it.

This.

A-Rod is right to fight, and I have a gut feeling this suspension isn't going to stick. This wasn't the ruling of an independent arbitrator. This was the ruling of a man who knew he'd be fired if he went against Bud Selig. There is no precedent for the 162-game ban, and it's a completely arbitrary number. It's not going to hold up for one day in court if A-Rod does get that far.

I'm a Yankee fan. My team stands to benefit greatly from this suspension. But MLB is the bad guy here. They wiped their ass with the CBA. I don't feel bad for A-Rod because he's his own worst enemy, but as he said in his statement, this is just a step in the direction of the owners getting back to an abusive position with the players, and I'm not for that in any way, shape or form.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his situation is both very similar and very different from the other players. he is EXACTLY like a lot of them because he never popped positive, but the JDA doesn't require it. he is DIFFERENT from them because of the violations to the CBA and supposed tampering with the investigation.

i, for one, hope that a-fraud takes this federal case all the way and allows himself to be deposed. :)

He has no obligation to abide by the investigation. The MLB is not a law enforcement agency.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no obligation to abide by the investigation. The MLB is not a law enforcement agency.

He is not allowed to tamper with MLB's investigations per the CBA.

"Smarther" lol.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

A-Rod is right to fight, and I have a gut feeling this suspension isn't going to stick. This wasn't the ruling of an independent arbitrator. This was the ruling of a man who knew he'd be fired if he went against Bud Selig. There is no precedent for the 162-game ban, and it's a completely arbitrary number. It's not going to hold up for one day in court if A-Rod does get that far.

I'm a Yankee fan. My team stands to benefit greatly from this suspension. But MLB is the bad guy here. They wiped their ass with the CBA. I don't feel bad for A-Rod because he's his own worst enemy, but as he said in his statement, this is just a step in the direction of the owners getting back to an abusive position with the players, and I'm not for that in any way, shape or form.

so what you're saying is that you have little understanding of anything regarding a-rod's suspension.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what you're saying is that you have little understanding of anything regarding a-rod's suspension.

Of course not. None of us do, since none of us have seen MLB's evidence. From where I sit, MLB has just as much dirt on their hands as A-Rod does, and I've seen no credible reason why A-Rod got 162 for a first offense when nearly everyone else got 50. A-Rod wouldn't be the first to disrupt an investigation. Melky Cabrera did too. He didn't get any extra punishment. If you wanna give A-Rod a little something extra for embarrassing the league, like they did with Braun, fine. Give him 60+ games like they did Braun. Suspending him for a season is arbitrary and unprecedented unless they have some concrete evidence that he has actual multiple actual violations.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smarther is consistent

:laugh3:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep talking about the milestone bonuses. Now, I can't remember the exact terms, but I'm pretty sure those milestone bonuses were based around a marketing plan, where A-Rod would get those bonuses as a cut of all the commemorative merchandise the Yankees would sell to celebrate the accomplishment.

If the Yankees don't celebrate the accomplishment or sell any merchandise, they don't have to give him the bonuses. That was always the impression I had of those incentives. That's all out the window now, if my recollection is correct and the bonuses are not guaranteed.

He gets a set amount for each person he passes from here on out, $6 million for Mays, IDK about any percentages of celebrations.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets a set amount for each person he passes from here on out, $6 million for Mays, IDK about any percentages of celebrations.

yanks have to pay the incentives if they were to DFA him and he gets picked up by a new team and achieves the milestones. probably won't happen.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

after a little research ARod has left:

$3 million signing bonus payable upon Jan 15, 2014

$25 Million this year

$21 Million 2015

$20 Million 2016

$20 Million 2017

$6 Million each of these HR #s 660, 714, 755, 762, 763

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smarther is consistent

:laugh3:

His point's spot on...if Melky got 50 games, how does A-Rod get more than 3x that amount? Didn't Melky also try to tamper with the investigation, or does it not matter because nobody really cares/pays attention to Melky Cabrera?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod will want somebody to pay the milestones money if this goes south. Looks like its about another $30M. Like I said, he is the 2015 DH if I had to guess.

Yanks just now need to develop a 3B