• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodriguez to be Suspended Entire 2014 Season

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe A-Fraud, and on some level, am happy he got such a big suspension.

On the other hand, MLB is corrupt and hypocritical regarding PED use, and I'd be just as happy to see Pay-Wad's legal team win in federal court.

I'm thinking the case will go nowhere or be dismissed quickly, though. Just a few days ago, A-Roid's lawyers put out a press release saying he would accept a suspension under 100 games. That tells me that they think their case is fundamentally weak.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez - 3B - Yankees
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz has ruled that Alex Rodriguez receive a 162-game suspension.
If upheld, that would mean the aging superstar will sit out the entirety of the 2014 regular season. It's a slight win for Rodriguez who was initially handed a 211-game ban, though it's still significantly longer than he was hoping for. He has already announced that he plans to file a lawsuit in federal court over the ruling. The Yankees stand to save $25 million in 2014 by not having to pay A-Rod's salary.

Not sure yanks will release him with 61 mil left on contract:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Yankees gave him that contract in 2007 the entire baseball world was unanimous in thinking that Arod was the great hope to bring honor back to the HR record. No one knew a thing at the time, so there is no reason to hold the team accountable other than they're the Yankees and they're hated.

sorry, not good enough.

If there is a PED clause in his contract, than by all means, I agree with you. But (to my knowledge) that does not exist.

Allowing teams to reap such huge rewards from these suspensions stinks to high heaven.

Theoretical case...

A team signs a player to a long contract (say 5/100) and the team looks the other way for seasons 1-3 on he PED use. Then, either the player stops using, or just gets so old that thy ain't helping anymore, so he becomes an albatross to the team fir the last 2 years. There is HUGE incentive for he team to leak the player's use for years 1-3 so they can get out of the final year or so of th contract. The team got the benefit f te use, but little/none of the negative.

Hypocritical and corrupt.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod ... not the smartest guy in baseball. But let's say he does his penance and returns to the game, does this mean he has paid his debt and get right back to his career. Baseball seems to have this forever rule. I think it's time to forgive Shoeless Joe Jackson, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens and others.

I personally think his contact should be void and he should be granted free agency.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fans have forgiven players who've admitted their mistake or simply accepted the punishment that was handed down. By continuing to say he's innocent AFRAUD is only making things more difficult on himself in terms of public opinion. Obviously he doesn't care about what the fans think & is simply trying to look after himself. I understand this, but he's making a mistake by continuing to challenge these rulings.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it happens to be the Yankees in this case but no team should be rewarded

I don't have a problem with it. If the guys who got 50 game suspensions can get multi-year contracts from teams than the team who has A-Rod has a right to get a break on his contract for the upcoming season if he's not going to play. After all the Yankees now have to make a decision on A-Rod because there's no way he's going to retire & the Yankees will still owe him a lot of money.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry didn't see this thread!!!!! anyway, again arod deserved it, but at same time selig should be put in jail for 2014 too

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry didn't see this thread!!!!! anyway, again arod deserved it, but at same time selig should be put in jail for 2014 too

Why should he be put in jail?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the point was to have him gone for the upcoming season, mission accomplished. If the goal was to make this process look silly and arbitrary, also mission accomplished.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARod will spend any money to stay a nuisance to the MLB and New York. He wants his money, and he wants to reach those milestones to get his extra pay. He may play in 2014 in the bronx, he will play in 2015.

The question is, will they make him into the DH.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he be put in jail?

cause he knew exactly what was going on! i was with the cub org back in late 80's, in spring training my plane landed, i got off plane and was picked up and brought right to clubhouse, unbenounced to me i was given a cup, pissed in it and that nite our doors were knocked on in hotel, if we had drugs in our system we were put on a plane the next day for home, if we had an excessive amount of alcohol, we were put in a program...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand arod but I don't understand how baseball can get away with giving him 162 games while everyone else gets 50

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially?

"We're devastated by the news." - Cashman

Off the record? Here's the scene inside Yankees executive offices:

white-kid-dance-club.gif

Haha, one of my favorite gifs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand arod but I don't understand how baseball can get away with giving him 162 games while everyone else gets 50

Strong possibility of two consecutive years without the Spanks in the post-season, and a major FA available that fits their biggest need. That's why they get away with it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is easy to answer. Not only did ARod take PED(s), he went out of his way to obstruct the case against him. That is 2 strikes, not 1 like the other guys tied biogenesis had. And those guys all agreed to a deal with no appeals. That is why ARod's penalty is that much harsher. I have to imagine that 162 games was MLB's goal all along & gave him 211 games knowing there was a chance it would be reduced.

In the end, unless ARod is truly a self righteous dumbass & files in federal court, we will never get to see the evidence against him. And even if he does, the judge will laugh him out of court. He will end up looking even dumber & his dirty laundry might get aired in the process.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause he knew exactly what was going on! i was with the cub org back in late 80's, in spring training my plane landed, i got off plane and was picked up and brought right to clubhouse, unbenounced to me i was given a cup, pissed in it and that nite our doors were knocked on in hotel, if we had drugs in our system we were put on a plane the next day for home, if we had an excessive amount of alcohol, we were put in a program...

Then every commish should be in jail and every executive should be, every coach, every player.. etc