• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex Ryan Says Patriots Turned Down 1 & 2 for Garapollo

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe the story that Kraft forced the trade?
I think the most likely scenario is that Kraft didn't say "you have to trade Jimmy" but instead just took away the option of trading Brady. Which left Bill to either

1. Franchise Jimmy
2. Trade Jimmy

I don't think Bill liked the idea of having that much money on 2 quarterbacks so decided to trade Jimmy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan said yesterday that the New England Patriots turned down several offers from AFC yeams of a first and second round pick for Jimmy Garapollo. Ryan indicated that both the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills made the exact same offer.

Any idiot would know that Belichick wouldn't trade the guy he hand picked and bred to replace Tom Brady to a division rival for 3 first and second round picks.

Garapollo is in San Francisco where the Patriots will only cross his path every four years or in the Super Bowl.

Would that even matter to Belichick though if he's not coaching there anymore in the near future ? Also, we don't truly know for sure how good Garapollo is just yet, more time is needed...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most likely scenario is that Kraft didn't say "you have to trade Jimmy" but instead just took away the option of trading Brady. Which left Bill to either

1. Franchise Jimmy
2. Trade Jimmy

I don't think Bill liked the idea of having that much money on 2 quarterbacks so decided to trade Jimmy.

I agree. In the salary cap era you can't keep two high priced QBs on the roster and also can't pay Jimmy G anything close to what Brady is making.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is there any truth to the trouble between Bellidick and Brady? This was looking like a Colts and manning thing for a while, you gotta wonder if Brady retires if he really has trouble with Bellidick, because thats all Bill will have left in his hand.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is there any truth to the trouble between Bellidick and Brady? This was looking like a Colts and manning thing for a while, you gotta wonder if Brady retires if he really has trouble with Bellidick, because thats all Bill will have left in his hand.
I don't think Brady retires because that screws over the organization. If there was a chance of him retiring, he would have told the Krafts so they could keep Jimmy long term. Only reason they trade Jimmy is if Brady has said he doesn't want to go anywhere anytime soon. Brady wouldn't screw over the Krafts like that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I've been saying for a while that the whole trade just seemed odd.

Maybe Kraft didn't demand Jimmy G to be traded but he probably made it clear that Brady was going to retire a Pat on his own terms which basically means that Bill had to trade Jimmy G.

The 49ers just happened to have many factors that made sending Jimmy G there very appealing move. NFC team, he has a lot of respect for both Shanahans father and son, respects Lynch, and it was a place he felt Jimmy G would thrive in.

So he decided to do Shanahan a solid by just asking for a 2nd rounder and Jimmy G a solid by sending him there.

He would also have a selfish reason for wanting Jimmy G to thrive and that's so he could have the satisfaction of proving that he was right all along. If he sends Jimmy G to the Browns and he flops it's going to be "I can't believe you wanted to move on from Brady for him." If Jimmy G thrives it's "I can't believe we didn't listen to you Bill. We should've went with Jimmy G."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for a while that the whole trade just seemed odd.

Maybe Kraft didn't demand Jimmy G to be traded but he probably made it clear that Brady was going to retire a Pat on his own terms which basically means that Bill had to trade Jimmy G.

The 49ers just happened to have many factors that made sending Jimmy G there very appealing move. NFC team, he has a lot of respect for both Shanahans father and son, respects Lynch, and it was a place he felt Jimmy G would thrive in.

So he decided to do Shanahan a solid by just asking for a 2nd rounder and Jimmy G a solid by sending him there.

He would also have a selfish reason for wanting Jimmy G to thrive and that's so he could have the satisfaction of proving that he was right all along. If he sends Jimmy G to the Browns and he flops it's going to be "I can't believe you wanted to move on from Brady for him." If Jimmy G thrives it's "I can't believe we didn't listen to you Bill. We should've went with Jimmy G."

the bolded above. thats my thinking. his going to SF was a lot about schedule too. we dont see SF here for how many years?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting what the market says he will be worth. Kaep can't run a pro style offense. Shanahan/Lynch didn't move on from Kaep because of the protests. It is because Shanahan knows Kaep is a poor fit and would struggle running his offense.

Kaep left, not pushed, not saying he would have stuck had he stayed.

But the number he put up should have given him a job. Look at the shit you saw this weekend in JAX.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really a dumb move especially when Brady suffers a career ending injury

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep left, not pushed, not saying he would have stuck had he stayed.

But the number he put up should have given him a job. Look at the shit you saw this weekend in JAX.

That is not true. Both Shanahan and Lynch met with Kaepernick in the offseason and told him that the team was going to release him if Kaep did not opt out. It was better for Kaep to opt out and get a jump in free agency. He would have been picked up by another team if not for the controversy. Teams just viewed him as a backup that was not worth all the publicity and backlash