• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex Ryan Says Patriots Turned Down 1 & 2 for Garapollo

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was probably wise of the Patriots. Jimmy G looks like a stud and they got him out of the conference. The only serious question is whether they should have pulled a Young/Montana and kept him over Brady.

...or at least get a bidding war going, instead of Belichick just calling the Niners and asking for a 2nd.

Patriots couldn't keep him unless they were going to unload Brady, which would've been a PR nightmare. As a free agent this winter, Jimmy would've been way too expensive to keep on the shelf, waiting for Brady to expire.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank, I've watched every game and there is no comparison between the two QBs. Kaep is very inconsistent and I am sure I can find stats to show this. The 3rd down conversion rate was poor under Kaep and his numbers drop rapidly when pressured. Had he been playing behind the oline the past six games it would have been 2015 all over again.

Plus, Jimmy won games. Now, some of that can be attributed to the new regime, but Jimmy is the pocket passer that teams are looking for, not a guy like Kaep who struggles to read defenses and survives on his mobility and the strength of his arm, not his smarts.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, Jimmy won games. Now, some of that can be attributed to the new regime, but Jimmy is the pocket passer that teams are looking for, not a guy like Kaep who struggles to read defenses and survives on his mobility and the strength of his arm, not his smarts.

You are 100% correct. When Kaep gets pressured he starts moving around and takes himself out of the play. He will put up a good quarter or even half and then disappear. He also will move the chains half the field and then kill a drive with a poor decision or pass. I am not a Kaep hater but he just wasn't getting it done. He was never able to adapt his game from 2012

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why? Maybe because Jimmy G didn't want to go to Cleveland and BB honored that request?
possible.

im sticking with my sources on this, that the jimmy trade screwed up everyones plans, including bills. jimmy was his going away piece, leaving the team in good shape...unlike parcells.

this whole things a hot mess.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or at least get a bidding war going, instead of Belichick just calling the Niners and asking for a 2nd.

Patriots couldn't keep him unless they were going to unload Brady, which would've been a PR nightmare. As a free agent this winter, Jimmy would've been way too expensive to keep on the shelf, waiting for Brady to expire.
Unless JG played well. Then the patriot fans would have said "Tom who".

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank, I've watched every game and there is no comparison between the two QBs. Kaep is very inconsistent and I am sure I can find stats to show this. The 3rd down conversion rate was poor under Kaep and his numbers drop rapidly when pressured. Had he been playing behind the oline the past six games it would have been 2015 all over again.

I've more or less seen them all too.

Still, one guy is being handed millions.....

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possible.

im sticking with my sources on this, that the jimmy trade screwed up everyones plans, including bills. jimmy was his going away piece, leaving the team in good shape...unlike parcells.

If that's the case, would Kraft forcing Belichick to trade Jimmy be a way for him to try to force Bill to stay a bit longer?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, would Kraft forcing Belichick to trade Jimmy be a way for him to try to force Bill to stay a bit longer?
if you think about it?

anythings possible.

the dynamic of bill wanting to win without tom, and tom without bill, is very very real IMO. i think bill wants out from under tom more than the other way around.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think about it?

anythings possible.

the dynamic of bill wanting to win without tom, and tom without bill, is very very real IMO. i think bill wants out from under tom more than the other way around.
But then if Jimmy was a going away gift to the Patriots, to set them up long term, isn't that inconsistent with this timeline of Bill wanting to win without Brady?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then if Jimmy was a going away gift to the Patriots, to set them up long term, isn't that inconsistent with this timeline of Bill wanting to win without Brady?
no, not at all. i dont get how you came to that. i never said bill wanted to win HERE without tom.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, not at all. i dont get how you came to that. i never said bill wanted to win HERE without tom.
Okay I assumed the "going away gift" was when Bill retired. You are saying he would go to another team. Well he's under contract, how would he go to a different team?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I assumed the "going away gift" was when Bill retired. You are saying he would go to another team. Well he's under contract, how would he go to a different team?
coaches have been traded out of this town before.

anythings possible.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaches have been traded out of this town before.

anythings possible.
But if Kraft forced the Jimmy trade in order to get Belichick to stay longer, why would he then turn around and trade him?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Kraft forced the Jimmy trade in order to get Belichick to stay longer, why would he then turn around and trade him?
that was YOUR theory, not mine.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was YOUR theory, not mine.
Okay so if Kraft forced the Jimmy trade out of loyalty to Brady, what is the incentive to trade Bill? You would have to believe that Bill is at the point of unhappiness that he isn't worth keeping around anymore, and you have to get what you can for him now.

But if Bill cares about the Patriots success after he leaves, he won't just start dogging it as a coach and suddenly become less valuable than a 1st round pick or whatever return you would get in a trade.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possible.

Do you believe the story that Kraft forced the trade?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've more or less seen them all too.

Still, one guy is being handed millions.....

He is getting what the market says he will be worth. Kaep can't run a pro style offense. Shanahan/Lynch didn't move on from Kaep because of the protests. It is because Shanahan knows Kaep is a poor fit and would struggle running his offense.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bill wants to move on
kraft wont let
Do you believe the story that Kraft forced the trade?
i do to a degree.

kraft and brady are ridiculously loyal to one another. worse than a good marriage. taking bullets for each other etc.

brady IMO is terrified of being bledsoe'd before he feels its his time. kraft treats brady like a son he never had. tom runs that org as much as kraft and bill do. i believe that.

and i think the struggle between GM bill and untouchable Tom at 40 created a big rift.

IMO jimmy should be here, franchised, and brady gone after these payoffs.

i think kraft didnt like that idea financially or to his son, tommy boy.