• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex Ryan Says Patriots Turned Down 1 & 2 for Garapollo

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a Favre followed by Rodgers situation.
Yes. One just needs to look at the Garopollo situation to see how important the quarterback positrion is to the game. 1 and 10 BG; 5 and oh AG

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. One just needs to look at the Garopollo situation to see how important the quarterback positrion is to the game. 1 and 10 BG; 5 and oh AG
Agreed... With Rodgers the Packers were a cinch to make the playoffs and without him they could only win 3 games.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true but why in God's green earth would BB trade Jimmy to Bills or Jets?

Why wouldn't he? Isn't he the GOAT? Why is he cared? Does Jimmy know some of the Patriots classified secrets on how to cheat?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People jumb to conclusions too soon.

He hasn't played a full season yet. I think he'll be fine, but we need to wait and see how he does over 16 games.

Also we don't know what the Patriots got in return yet. What if, for instance, it's a QB that is just as good, or better? Or an elite pass rusher, etc. Until the draft happens, that player is picked, and we get a chance to see that player perform, we really don't know how the trade went.

And teams need some game film on new players.

So far he's a huge step up but let's not put him in the HOF just yet.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny, two games weren't enough to evaluate him by the hoop experts. 2nd round pick for him was way too much.
Changes teams and five games later get his HOF bust ready:rolleyes2: BB was fleeced.
If nothing else the hoop provides entertainment year round.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, two games weren't enough to evaluate him by the hoop experts. 2nd round pick for him was way too much.
Changes teams and five games later get his HOF bust ready:rolleyes2: BB was fleeced.
If nothing else the hoop provides entertainment year round.

I also think the criticism that the Patriots could have gotten more for Garropalo is valid although a high 2nd pick looked ok at the time. The pick is now dropping like a rock.

But it sure seems Belichick had a great reason to try and hang on to this guy. Garropalo was not going to stay with the Pats, he wanted out badly. IMO The wear and tear on Brady is starting to show but he's still got A LOT left in the tank for another year or two.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan said yesterday that the New England Patriots turned down several offers from AFC yeams of a first and second round pick for Jimmy Garapollo. Ryan indicated that both the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills made the exact same offer.

Any idiot would know that Belichick wouldn't trade the guy he hand picked and bred to replace Tom Brady to a division rival for 3 first and second round picks.

Garapollo is in San Francisco where the Patriots will only cross his path every four years or in the Super Bowl.
he went to SF for a reason. we dont see them for a few years, i believe the longest team out on the schedule from the west.

and i still say the pats fucked this up. they should have kept jimmy and let tom walk.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he went to SF for a reason. we dont see them for a few years, i believe the longest team out on the schedule from the west.

and i still say the pats fucked this up. they should have kept jimmy and let tom walk.

Agreed, will go down as the biggest boo-boo ever made by BB

But dont think he cares, he will probably walk away with Tom

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years out, Brady's coaching the next Brady while Jimmy's out of the league.

That is no less valid a speculation than the shit you guys are all tossing around.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think the criticism that the Patriots could have gotten more for Garropalo is valid although a high 2nd pick looked ok at the time. The pick is now dropping like a rock.

But it sure seems Belichick had a great reason to try and hang on to this guy. Garropalo was not going to stay with the Pats, he wanted out badly. IMO The wear and tear on Brady is starting to show but he's still got A LOT left in the tank for another year or two.
Yep it's going to be # 41 or # 42 overall now. 9/10 of the 2nd round. Oh well BB likely trades it away anyway:nod:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The thing with saying fleeced is I'm confident Bill pulled off the trade knowing full well he could've gotten more if he wanted to but for whatever reason he didn't. My guess is he likes Jimmy G, Lynch, and Shanahan and did them all a solid by not squeezing everything he could've out of them.

Garoppolo's play didn't catch Bill off guard and he's not regretting not getting more or not keeping Garoppolo. It's pretty clear BB knew what he had in Jimmy because that's why he tried to sign him to what was likely lucrative backup pay and that's why he waited until the trade deadline to see what happened before he had no choice but to trade him.

He didn't trade Jimmy in the offseason because he firmly believed that if he had to put Jimmy in for Brady for whatever reason over the course of the season that he could still win a SB with Jimmy and he knew that if Jimmy was successful it would be an easier sell to move on from Tom in favor of Jimmy. BB traded Brissett because he knew if he had to go with Brissett their SB chances aren't good so he hoped to get a player that could help improve the teams chances of winning now.

Maybe one day we'll find out the actual reason BB traded Jimmy G for just a 2nd or maybe we won't but I feel confident in saying BB easily could've gotten more but he knew full well that he could've.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I skeptically agree.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skeptically agree.

I like Rock but off on that one as much as Gronk being in MVP convo. Guy lasted 6Q's behind that line and needed a missed FG by Zona to win his first start ,and we know that they fell a lil short of Scoob's prediction.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by new San Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo:

67.4 completion percentage
1,565 total yards
Seven touchdowns and 5 interceptions
96.2 passer rating

The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

65.1 completion percentage
1,305 total yards
Nine touchdowns and 2 interceptions
96.2 passer rating

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by new San Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo:

1,565 total yards
96.2 passer rating

The last six games played in a 49ers uniform by former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

1,305 total yards
96.2 passer rating
I won't stand for this kind of reporting.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously, lol. That is just how it is with fans. Either bust or HOF. He has exceeded my expectations because of what he has been able to do with the supporting cast around him but not putting him in the HOF after just a few games.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1,565 total yards
96.2 passer rating

1,305 total yards
96.2 passer rating

Hank, I've watched every game and there is no comparison between the two QBs. Kaep is very inconsistent and I am sure I can find stats to show this. The 3rd down conversion rate was poor under Kaep and his numbers drop rapidly when pressured. Had he been playing behind the oline the past six games it would have been 2015 all over again.