• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reports: Embid suffers foot injury. May be broken.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has Emeka Okafor written all over him, your better off taking wiggins or parker

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embid did it purposefully so the Cavs would pass on him jk. It'll be interesting to see what happens now at the number one pick. Feel bad for him though, as a big man, starting to get foot injuries this early in your career is not a good thing.

the plot's afoot...:tinfoil3:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle and Embid dropping on the boards, Smart, Exum and Gordon rising

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely throws the draft into potential chaos. I've said for months that Embiid was going #1 regardless of the team and it looked like the Cavs had cozied up to him. But what now? Initial reports say they like Wiggins, but reports say Philly really likes Wiggins. Does Philly now trade up? If you're Cleveland, wouldn't you have to threaten Philly with that idea? "Hey Philly, we're taking Wiggins unless you give us #3 and 10 or #3 and Thad Young"?

And not only that, how far does Embiid slide now? FWIW, I don't think he falls that far. I can still see a team like Philly or Orlando taking him. To me, its a no brainer. Both teams aren't going to be good in the near future anyway so just take the risk. If it works out, you got a potential HOFer. If it doesn't, you were gonna suck anyway. But if he does fall, does Boston or LA take him? The guys they like might already be off the board if Embiid falls so why not?

This is definitely a time to trust your doctors. We don't have the info so none of us can say for sure he's injury prone or not. His injuries could just be freak occurrences and he'll be ok. Andre Drummond had the same back injury and is fine. Blake Griffin had a foot injury, sat out a year, and is now an MVP worthy player. But at the same time, foot injuries wrecked Yao Ming. You've got to take in everything you can. See if his bones look degenerative or if its just clean breaks from a random injury.

All I know is, the farther he falls, the more tempted I'd be to take him no matter what his injury report says. He's been the class of the field, imo, since late December. I love his potential. The other top guys ceilings are a few all star games, Embiid's ceiling is sitting at the HOF club with Shaq and Hakeem. That payoff is just too good to pass up if you're a team and see him slipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the kid, but glad that it will actually put Cleveland back into reality.

No Embiid!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has Emeka Okafor written all over him
:facepalm3:

He could be injury prone but he'd have more hops in a wheelchair than Okafor ever had.

I think Embiid falls to 3. Parker and Wiggins will go top 2 in some order because their upside is near Embiids and they dont have the injury.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After surgery to insert two screws into his fractured right foot, Kansas 7-footer Joel Embiid’s recovery process is expected to cover four to six months, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Dr. Richard Ferkel performed the surgery Friday morning in Southern California and deemed the procedure a success via a released statement.

“Two screws were inserted into the navicular bone in Joel Embiid’s right foot," Ferkel said. "The surgery went very well and I’m confident that after appropriate healing he will be able to return to NBA Basketball. Joel tolerated the surgery without difficulty and will begin his rehabilitation in the near future.”

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like someone else said, he will sit out the year

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't edit my post now but earlier I said Griffin had a foot injury and sat out. I was wrong. It was his kneecap. Heard it on the radio and they misspoke about his foot. I knew he sat out but couldn't remember what for. Then I read later it was his kneecap. Just figured I'd mention the correction. It was bugging me because I hate giving out false info.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Frank Gore suffered 2 major knee injuries in college and has yet to have any knee issues in a near 10 year NFL career. Injuries are a weird thing to predict.

Not a great comparison considerring Gore isnt the franchise while anyone that is drafting Embid high is hoping for a franchise player. So many more players and picks in the NFL. Risks cant be taken in the NBA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great comparison considerring Gore isnt the franchise while anyone that is drafting Embid high is hoping for a franchise player. So many more players and picks in the NFL. Risks cant be taken in the NBA.

The point he was making is that Gore has been a pro-bowl RB multiple times for the 49ers over his career. Thus he was able to get over injuries.