• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods injury timeline.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference I figured I would post this list that was from the Golf Channel website.

For the record, I have my doubts that all of these "reported" injuries are genuine.
I'm pretty confident that in the future it will be reveled that some of these injuries were cover for something else.

Time will tell.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/numbers-look-back-woods-injuries/

December 2002:
Woods has surgery to remove fluid from around the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of his left knee. The surgery sidelines him a few weeks, but Woods wins in his first start back at the 2003 Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines.

April 2008: Shortly after a runner-up finish at the Masters, Woods has arthroscopic surgery to repair cartilage damage to his left knee. Weeks later it is revealed that the then-two-time U.S. Open champ has a pair of stress fractures in his left tibia.

June 2008: After playing through pain to claim the U.S. Open title at Torrey Pines, Woods has reconstructive surgery on the ACL in his left knee. During the surgery, further cartilage damage is repaired, and Woods does not return to action for nearly nine months, losing to Tim Clark in the second round of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in February 2009 in his first start back.

May 2010: After missing the cut the week prior at the Wells Fargo Championship, Woods withdraws during the final round of The Players Championship, citing what he believes to be a potential bulging disk. 'I've been playing with a bad neck for quite a while,' he tells reporters. The injury was later diagnosed as an inflamed facet joint in his neck. Woods does not miss a start, tying for 19th in his next appearance at The Memorial Tournament the following month.

April 2011: Woods announces that he will withdraw from the upcoming Wells Fargo Championship due to a 'minor' injury to his left knee and Achilles' tendon, one that he claimed to have suffered at the Masters earlier in the month. 'This is precautionary,' Woods' agent tells reporters. 'We're not at all concerned.'

May 2011: In his first start since his most recent injury announcement, Woods abruptly withdraws from the Players Championship after nine holes, exiting early from TPC Sawgrass for the second consecutive year. 'The knee acted up and then the Achilles' followed after that,' he tells reporters. The injury is later diagnosed as both a sprain of the MCL ligament in his left knee and a strain to the left Achilles' tendon, and Woods ultimately misses three months of action, including both the U.S. Open and British Open. He ties for 37th in his return at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in August.

March 2012: Woods withdraws with seven holes left in his final round at the WGC-Cadillac Championship, citing an injury to his left Achilles' tendon. 'In the past, I may have tried to continue to play, but this time, I decided to do what I thought was necessary.' The injury does not sideline him long, as Woods wins just two weeks later in his first start back at the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

June 2013: After a T-32 finish at the U.S. Open, Woods announces he will miss the upcoming AT&T National due to a left elbow strain. 'I have been advised to take a few weeks off, rest and undergo treatment,' he says in a statement. It marks the third time he has missed the event because of injury in its seven-year history, and Woods confirms that he intends to return at the British Open in July.

March 2014: Woods withdraws on the 13th green in the final round of the Honda Classic, citing lower back spasms. Woods shot 5-over 40 on the front nine. Woods said after the round that it was too soon to tell his status for next week's WGC-Cadillac. Woods’ spokesman, Glenn Greenspan, said that the world No. 1 had experienced discomfort during warm-ups and that the issue was similar to what Woods experienced during last year’s Barclays, when he fell to his knees in pain during the final round en route to a runner-up finish.

April 2014: Woods announces that he will miss the Masters for the first time in his pro career. He also revealed that he recently underwent surgery for a pinched nerve in his back and that he hoped to return to the PGA Tour “sometime this summer.”

August 2014: Woods withdraws on the ninth hole of the final round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, citing lower back pain. The injury stemmed from an awkward lie on the second hole that sent Woods back into a fairway bunker after impact. “Just jarred it," he said, "and it’s been spasming ever since.” This was his third tournament since returning from surgery in March, and he played his first eight holes 3 over. When asked about his prognosis for the upcoming PGA Championship, Woods said, “I don’t know. Just trying to get out of here.”

February 2015: In his second start of the year, Woods walks off after completing 11 holes of his opening round at the Farmers Insurance Open, citing a back injury. Woods explained that the injury stemmed from enduring multiple fog delays before the start of his round, and that he was unable to keep his glutes "activated." "My glutes are just shutting off," he said. "Then they don't activate and then, hence, it goes into my lower back."

September 2015: After showing signs of improvement in his final start of the season at the Wyndham Championship, Woods on Sept. 18 announces that he has undergone a second microdisectomy surgery two days prior to remove a disc fragment that was pinching his nerve. "This is certainly disappointing, but I'm a fighter," Woods said in a statement. "I've been told I can make a full recovery, and I have no doubt that I will." Woods says the surgery will cause him to miss the Frys.com Open, Bridgestone America's Golf Cup and his own Hero World Challenge. He further states he hopes to return "early in 2016."

October 2015: Woods announces on his website that he has undergone a "successful" procedure as a follow-up to his latest back surgery. Intended to "relieve discomfort," the procedure was performed in Park City, Utah, by the same neurosurgeon who performed Woods' microdiscectomy surgery on Sept. 16. "It's one of those things that had to be done," Woods says. "I have an outstanding team of doctors, and I'll be back as soon as I can." There is still no timetable for his return to the PGA Tour.

April 2016: Woods, who hasn't played competitively since Fall 2015 surgeries, announces that he will miss the Masters for the second time in three years. "After assessing the present condition of my back, and consulting with my medical team, I've decided it's prudent to miss this year's Masters," he said in a statement on his website. "I've been hitting balls and training daily, but I'm not physically ready. I've said all along that this time I need to be cautious and do what's best for my long-term health and career. Unfortunately, playing Augusta next week wouldn't be the right decision. I'm absolutely making progress, and I'm really happy with how far I've come, but I still have no timetable to return to competitive golf."

September 2016: Woods announces in a statement that he "hopes" to return to competition at the Safeway Open, Oct. 13-16, the 2016-17 PGA Tour season-opener. The statement said he "intends" to also play the Turkish Airlines Open in November and his Hero World Challenge in December. “My rehabilitation is to the point where I’m comfortbale making plans, but I still have work to do,” he said in the statement released on his website. “Whether I can play depends on my continued progress and recovery. My hope is to have my game ready to go.”

October 2016: After committing to the Safeway Open three days prior, Tiger Woods officially withdraws on Oct. 10. He says in a statement, “My health is good, and I feel strong, but my game is vulnerable and not where it needs to be.” He also said he will not compete in November's Turkish Airlines Open, but hopes to return at the Hero World Challenge in December.

February 2017: Woods withdraws from the Omega Dubai Desert Classic before the start of his second round. Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, cites back spasms as the reason. Woods said he was feeling no pain following his first-round 77.

February 2017: Woods annouces that he will not compete in the Genesis Open nor the Honda Classic, two of four events in a five-week stretch in which he planned to play to start the year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backing out: Tiger cancels news conference

It's so bad now Tiger is cancelling press conferences. Boy, that is some really bad back spasms.

I'm a Tiger golf fan, but my position now...if he plays...okay did he make the cut or better yet, did he finish? If he doesn't play...okay.

Whether his injuries are legit or not...idk, and to be honest, I really don't care. Tiger's last official relevant finish in a PGAT event was '15. He last truly contended or won was in '13. But every time Tiger tees it up in a tourney, the golf acts like it's 2000.

Press conferences...the next presser Tiger should have is to say...It's a wrap, I can't do it anymore, my PGAT career is over, it's been a good ride.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just appears that the injuries are just an excuse for playing poorly

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done. All he needs to do is stay healthy enough to show up and play one round...two is overkill. Collect a check for showing up is the name of the game now. Even if the course doesn't pay him to show. His sponsors pay him to be out and about. Product placement is his golf game. (I'd do the same thing. He has nothing more to prove, already going down is a great.)

-DUB-

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just appears that the injuries are just an excuse for playing poorly
that's all it amounts to. Further, I don't even believe some of this "injury" stories. His latest one is nothing more than Tiger reminding us what a fuckin coward he is. The guy is such a fuckin candyass he can't even face the press and answer a question. Claiming his Dr told him a press conference is too much for his back is pure bullshit. The injuries he has experienced are largely from abusing steroids for years. This isn't a secret and he's no different than any other athlete who's abused this garbage. They're all injured on a regular basis. it pains me to say this but I agree with Pat Perez. Tiger knows he can't beat ANYONE these days and he's too fuckin afraid to try. His back is not the problem, his head is.
Long ago he lost control of his privacy when he wife went after him that nite. The Tiger façade came down and he never ever handled that. He cannot live knowing there are no secrets, we all know the asshole is a fuckin creep and he can't do anything about it. His downfall is all tied to that nite and he is never going to recover from it. Doesn't bother me one bit, the game doesn't need him and it's proven every week.