• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Kellen Moore expected to be Cowboys quarterbacks coach

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots been said about Moore not Helping Dak much and that Sanchez and Romo helped him a lot.

Well Duh !

Romo was like a coach his last year here with his experience and Sanchez has seen way more than his share of how things can go wrong so both of them have more experience in real games than Moore. With that said I think Moore will be a good QB coach but he needs a vet coach to help him along and that’s not Linehan or Garrett not sure Moore gets the Title QB coach but he will be a good coach with some seasoning. Anybody remember Bill Musgrave ? He seems like he has done fine in his career and I think Moore is better tuned in to the neuances of the position.

JMHO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly a move that combined with a new O-Line coach, a new receivers coach and a new tight ends coach will result in significant improvement in Linehan's play calling.

I'm certainly excited.

(closes sarcacm font)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly a move that combined with a new O-Line coach, a new receivers coach and a new tight ends coach will result in significant improvement in Linehan's play calling.

I'm certainly excited.

(closes sarcacm font)
Good point. Linehan does pull some head scratchers but I don't think he is horrible. He does need a little more common sense in the red zone, but he is creative and was the first guy to commit to the run here in a long time which was a big :thumb: for me. I think part of the problem is he is being forced to run Garrett's Offense and I think that offense is not very creative and thus not very good. The entire offense is built on having a good running game and the passing off of it. Yet we are surprised that Dak struggles when we don't run the ball well. Remember that year when our offense struggled a little and then all of a sudden a few times a game or so we would go no huddle with Romo and all of a sudden our offense looked explosive and creative and we moved the ball down the field? That was us finally running some plays that were tough for DBs to cover. Most of the time it's the same few patterns. And it's Not just Dez. How many patterns to Beasley and Witten run?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Linehan does pull some head scratchers but I don't think he is horrible. He does need a little more common sense in the red zone, but he is creative and was the first guy to commit to the run here in a long time which was a big :thumb: for me. I think part of the problem is he is being forced to run Garrett's Offense and I think that offense is not very creative and thus not very good. The entire offense is built on having a good running game and the passing off of it. Yet we are surprised that Dak struggles when we don't run the ball well. Remember that year when our offense struggled a little and then all of a sudden a few times a game or so we would go no huddle with Romo and all of a sudden our offense looked explosive and creative and we moved the ball down the field? That was us finally running some plays that were tough for DBs to cover. Most of the time it's the same few patterns. And it's Not just Dez. How many patterns to Beasley and Witten run?

All good points and especially the overall lack of creativity part. The Red Zone stuff drives me nuts though and it's not an isolated case for Linehan as most Lions fans will attest... which is why I'm not completely convinced that it's entirely "Garrett's offense". Where I (and you as well from my observations) hold Garrett's feet to the fire over the years is with his seemingly complete lack of understanding of game situations and management of them. We could look back at the past 7 1/2 years and find way too many examples where he has mishandled everything from the clock to situational play calling (the Oakland game being the most recent and where as a HC he should be overruling stupid pass calls on 1st & Goal AND 2nd & Goal) ... it's a long, long list. And - let's not even get into halftime adjustments. That is a foreign object to this staff.

I'm in complete agreement recalling Romo and the and those times we would go no huddle and would love to see some of that with Dak. It puts a defense on their heels. And with the improvements this season from the defense, we can really help ourselves without worrying that the other team is just going to march the field against our guys. Not everyone has an Aaron Rodgers as their personal nightmare. I do think this offensive staff tried this season to get Dez more involved... and the entire offense faltered as a result. I need more out of all those guys... and if that means taking a WR in the 1st round and shaking up this group, then I'm all for it. And based on early projections, some really good ones will be there to choose from.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Todd Haley would have looked real good in this role with Dak...