• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Kellen Moore expected to be Cowboys quarterbacks coach

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Kellen Moore expected to be Cowboys quarterbacks coach
Posted by Josh Alper on January 6, 2018, 6:54 PM EST

Getty Images

The Cowboys reportedly didn’t have to look far to fill their quarterbacks coach vacancy.

Alex Marvez of Sporting News reports that Kellen Moore is expected to call an end to his playing career and [URL='http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/kellen-moore-dallas-cowboys-quarterbacks-coach-jason-garrett-staff/1533uqyl8q5ps1i8r95pdtw61s?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter']start his coaching career
on Jason Garrett’s staff. Garrett made a similar move over a decade ago when he went from playing quarterback for the Dolphins in 2004 to being the team’s quarterbacks coach in 2005.

The Cowboys parted ways with Wade Wilson, who had been their quarterbacks coach since 2007, this week.

Moore has been spent most of the 2017 season on the practice squad and has been with the Cowboys since 2015. He’s worked with Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan even longer as Linehan was the offensive coordinator for the Lions in Moore’s first two NFL seasons.

That knowledge of the system and Moore’s familiarity with Dak Prescott should help him get off to a quick start in his new gig.
[/URL]

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I know a lot have said this guy would be a great coach, but did we see him help Dak at all? I'm a little torn

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I know a lot have said this guy would be a great coach, but did we see him help Dak at all? I'm a little torn
I'm a little confused.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it, but I often hear fans call for new blood in the coaching staff.

If true, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is as unproven as they come but he's the new QB coach, of the most popular team on the planet? Coaching a guy, he is very close to the same age as, with unproven results as an NFL QB and no history as an NFL coach. Fantastic move. This should go far in making the Cowboys a better all around team. As Manster said, guess we'll wait and see! Yuck!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people speak very highly of Moore's football IQ. What could it hurt?:noidea:
Yeah. That has been out there a long time so that is why I'm torn. Normally based on what I've seen I would be pissed at this. The guy just never seemed to help Dak from what we saw (obviously we don't see everything) and now his job is to help Dak? But, based on what we always hear about his football IQ, etc., I'm happy to give it a try. I was just happy to see Wilson gone. So would be hypocritical of me to now question the guy they bring in to replace him I guess.

Plus this keeps Moore off the QB depth chart, so that alone may be worth it!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That has been out there a long time so that is why I'm torn. Normally based on what I've seen I would be pissed at this. The guy just never seemed to help Dak from what we saw (obviously we don't see everything) and now his job is to help Dak? But, based on what we always hear about his football IQ, etc., I'm happy to give it a try. I was just happy to see Wilson gone. So would be hypocritical of me to now question the guy they bring in to replace him I guess.

This is puzzling, but just like others have said, wait and see.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people speak very highly of Moore's football IQ. What could it hurt?:noidea:
Theres the reason i said we can wait and see on Moore.
As for Sanchez by all accounts he's been great help to young QBs he's backing up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres the reason i said we can wait and see on Moore.
As for Sanchez by all accounts he's been great help to young QBs he's backing up.
well I would rather take my chances on Moore than Sanchez. being a good teammate doesn't necessarily transfer to good coaching. Havent heard anyone say Sanchez has a high football IQ

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans shouldn't worry too much. Moore is a smart guy. Kind of a ballsy hire, but he's just a QB coach. You could have Bill Walsh coaching Dak and I don't know how much of an impact it would make. I think the offensive coordinator means more.

Dak didn't have the best year, but I think the Cowboys are built really well for the future. You guys shouldn't worry too much.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak talked Moore up big time. And I was like you, excited to keep him on roster...till he said he was retiring lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I would rather take my chances on Moore than Sanchez. being a good teammate doesn't necessarily transfer to good coaching. Havent heard anyone say Sanchez has a high football IQ
Watching the two guys play, Moore could definitely see the field better. If he had a few more mph on his fastball, he would have been a good starting QB. Sanchez problems were neck up

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Maybe not so much on here but there are some irate Cowboys fan when it comes to this hire. Who did Wilson develop again? Romo was basically a finished product when Wilson came on board in 2007. Chill out.