• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Laker fans said they could sign Lebron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be the worst trolling thread by a Mavs fan i've ever seen.

When was the last time the Mavericks landed a TOP player? Cuban at his best!!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be the worst trolling thread by a Mavs fan i've ever seen.

When was the last time the Mavericks landed a TOP player? Cuban at his best!!!

This isn't a troll thread. Well I guess it is to people like you that don't like when others discuss their opinions that don't jibe with yours.

And if you had actually READ what was posted, you'd see we have already discussed the Mavs, and their issues......which are similar to the Lakers, which was part of the discussion.

SMH. This is going to be my new slogan this year - "READ, DUMMY!!!!!!" - Note: I am not calling you a dummy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, with the amount of BS troll material I was reading, I skipped through pages 2-6.

I just know that when somebody generally starts a topic with "Remember when... hahaha" it's usually to get a negative reaction from others - thus trolling!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch is still one of the best GMs in the league. That shit drives me crazy how fast peop l e forget his resume. People like to look at a few bad moves and think override all the good moves he did. And some of those bad moves, you can blame Jim Buss.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these players that DO?

Shaq didn't. Malone didn't leave with nice things to say. Smush, while laughable, didn't either. Neither did Howard. It's been a recurring pattern......but you guys will NEVER see it. So be it.

Actually, Shaq has since said that he was part of the problem as well and has also stated that he should have stayed. Howard straight up said that Kobe had nothing to do with why he left. I don't remember Karl Malone saying much of anything negative about playing with Kobe. So that leaves you with Smush Parker.

Some players have an ability to play at a high level, and still share the spotlight. This is not a virtue Kobe has. His reputation precedes him. I'm sure a LOT of top level talent is cool with him off the court. But players do talk......and just because they haven't said it in the press doesn't make it any less obvious.

Translation = Other players don't want to play with Kobe because starbigD said so. No other proof in needed (or available).

Even without the injuries, THIS Laker squad was highly unlikely to make the playoffs. There just isn't enough talent to compete in a very STACKED western conference. The cupboard is pretty bare.

Tell us something we DON'T know Einstein. That's why the crap you made up about Lakers fans predicting a playoff run is just that.....crap you made up. The closest any Lakers fan came to predicting a playoff run was that if everything came together perfectly, they MIGHT sneak into the 7 or 8 seed.

LA has the luxury of being a FA destination.......but I think you guys will find there's better chemistry without Kobe. It will be an easier rebuild. I just don't think he's going to give up the reigns in 2 years no matter HOW he's playing, and I think it's obvious he's running the show. I think Short Buss is scared of Kobe to be honest. I think if Kupchak were smart he'd have traded Pau LAST year along with Nash for whatever he could get.

He DID trade Pau. Stern nixed it.

Well, actually.........most likely Kupchak isn't being allowed to do his job the way he wants. I also think a LOT of you are underestimating the stench of a bad FO to potential players. Right now I think the Lakers FO is in disarray. I'm actually hoping Jeannie takes control. The LEAGUE is better off when the Lakers are competitive......I'd also like to see either the Knicks or Bulls be competitive as well.

But these are just my own personal musings. I'm sure most of you will disagree with most of it, and that's fine.......I've been telling my Laker fan friends some of these things for the last 5 years - like the lack of a quality PG, the inability to guard perimeter shooters, and the lack of playing inside out basketball despite being the only team in the league with 2 All Star 7 footers in the paint. Everything that's happened to this team the last 3 years has been completely predictable, but no one ever listens.

Everything that is happening WAS predicted 3 years ago by Dr. Buss and he is the one who put the plan in place. He knew that the Lakers were looking at overhauling the roster over the course of a couple of seasons and that is what is happening.

Bringing in Dwight and Nash was an attempt to get through it a little more smoothly, but it didn't work out so the Lakers are now going through exactly what Dr. Buss knew they would.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall also Derek Fisher loved playing with Kobe who came in to the League with with him in 96, so did Glen Rice, Horry, Walton, Farmar, Ron Harper,Rick Fox, JR Rider, Shaw, Gary Payton. A pretty impressive list of guys who loved playing with Kobe IMO.

D-Fish loved it so much, he came back to play with Kobe a 2nd time.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the Howard move bad?

The Howard move was a lateral move. The problem wasn't acquiring Howard. The problem is the Lakers don't run an inside out offense to effectively USE him.

Offense runs through Kobe. The Lakers were the ONLY team in the league with two 7 ft all stars in the paint and they simply don't use them in any way that makes sense.

It was a pointless move, and yielded no fruit......just pointless.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Howard move was a lateral move. The problem wasn't acquiring Howard. The problem is the Lakers don't run an inside out offense to effectively USE him.

Offense runs through Kobe. The Lakers were the ONLY team in the league with two 7 ft all stars in the paint and they simply don't use them in any way that makes sense.

The problem wasn't the offense or Kobe. The problem was Dwight. The Lakers seemed to use two 7 ft. All-Stars just fine when they had Pau and Bynum. Won a couple of titles, if memory serves.

Dwight didn't want to run pick and roll, even though he usually ended up with a dunk when he did and couldn't be trusted at the free throw line. You can't run your offense through a post player whose as limited offensively as Dwight and is a sub-50% free throw shooter.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem wasn't the offense or Kobe. The problem was Dwight. The Lakers seemed to use two 7 ft. All-Stars just fine when they had Pau and Bynum. Won a couple of titles, if memory serves.

Dwight didn't want to run pick and roll, even though he usually ended up with a dunk when he did and couldn't be trusted at the free throw line. You can't run your offense through a post player whose as limited offensively as Dwight and is a sub-50% free throw shooter.

OK, that's fair.....but this shouldn't have been news to the FO. Thats just another reason it wasn't a good idea.

I didn't see the move as moving the team forward, nor the concept of trying to resign him. I couldn't figure out WHY they didn't trade him for something, anything......and why they didn't move most of the underperforming, old pieces. The deals that were made were just as bad as the ones that weren't. And there was no logic to any of it. That HAS to be short buss

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize they practically run the same offense in Houston as they did in Los Angeles? The difference is Howard flat out refused to run PnRs which he seems fine doing this season. He's getting a whopping 0.7 FGAs more this season than last. I'm not sure what the post-up comparison. I suspect it is close though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, that's fair.....but this shouldn't have been news to the FO. Thats just another reason it wasn't a good idea.

I didn't see the move as moving the team forward, nor the concept of trying to resign him. I couldn't figure out WHY they didn't trade him for something, anything......and why they didn't move most of the underperforming, old pieces. The deals that were made were just as bad as the ones that weren't. And there was no logic to any of it. That HAS to be short buss

Why would they trade Howard when their plan was to resign him during the summer? They took that risk. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and :lol: at someone mentioning Smush Parker as a player who doesn't want to play with Kobe. I'm surprised you didn't bring up the great Chucky Atkins as well! :laugh3:

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOE RYANT ---HE IS DONE AND HE KNOWS IT---
HE WLL COME ACK AND GET NJRED AGAN...
HS KNEES ARE SWOLLEN AND HE HAS EXCRUCIATING PAIN.
NOW THEY ARE SAYING HE COULD BE BACK IN MID MARCH-2014
HE WONT BREAK MICHAEL JORDAN"S 6 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS----HE NEEDS 7 RINGS....TO GO DOWN THE BEST EVER

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOE RYANT ---HE IS DONE AND HE KNOWS IT---
HE WLL COME ACK AND GET NJRED AGAN...
HS KNEES ARE SWOLLEN AND HE HAS EXCRUCIATING PAIN.
NOW THEY ARE SAYING HE COULD BE BACK IN MID MARCH-2014
HE WONT BREAK MICHAEL JORDAN"S 6 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS----HE NEEDS 7 RINGS....TO GO DOWN THE BEST EVER

Man your grammar is horrible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trading Bynum for Howard was probably one of the best trades in recent years.

How did Bynum do last year? How is Bynum doing now?

At least we got an All-Star on loan for a year rather than a bum.

Pointless... :laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.