• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Laker fans said they could sign Lebron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, that's fair.....but this shouldn't have been news to the FO. Thats just another reason it wasn't a good idea.

I didn't see the move as moving the team forward, nor the concept of trying to resign him. I couldn't figure out WHY they didn't trade him for something, anything......and why they didn't move most of the underperforming, old pieces. The deals that were made were just as bad as the ones that weren't. And there was no logic to any of it. That HAS to be short buss

Actually, it was a good idea at the time and virtually every other GM would have done the same. Don't forget, when this deal was made, most experts predicted the Lakers would make the finals and many said they'd win.

The problem was/is Dwight doesn't want to work on his game. Kareem gave Dwight his phone number and offered to work with him and Dwight never bothered to call him.

Steve Nash, who is a career 90%+ free throw shooter, offered to help him with free throw shooting and Dwight said "No thanks". The Lakers had no way of knowing that the guy would refuse help from HOF'ers.

Even after having supposedly worked with McHale and Olajuwon, his game has not changed in the least.

That's why I don't think the Lakers really tried all that hard to keep him. They put up those :lame: posters. But after the way he acted, I don't think their hearts were in it and most Lakers fans are glad he's gone.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Bynum for Howard was probably one of the best trades in recent years.

How did Bynum do last year? How is Bynum doing now?

At least we got an All-Star on loan for a year rather than a bum.

Pointless... :laugh3:

He keeps trying to act like he know's more about our Lakers than we do. He must be on some good shit. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.