• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Laker fans said they could sign Lebron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

There are Lakers fans on this very board that believe that, and believed THIS team would be a playoff team. Told me I was either delusional or a hater to not believe in the "mamba"

I'm watching a team right now that has COMPLETELY quit.

So the question I have Laker fans, is what you THINK Short Buss will do in the offseason to improve your team's chances. Cause right now I don't see any hope for this year OR next year.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers generally dont stay bad very long. The new salary cap will affect the Lakers the least of all the teams as their TV contract is just plain ridiculous. I personally think the Lakers screwed up when they resigned Kobe to all that money. Kobe could have taken less money and really tried for that 6th ring.. or could have taken 50 million and the 5 rings. He made the same choice I would have.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TV contract helps......but the roster is HORRIBLE.

Their really aren't any FAs worth signing this year, and they will have 13 roster spots to fill. It's not looking good right now, and this assumes Kobe actually lives out that ridiculous contract.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are awesome and no way LeBron would play for the Lakers now that he has created a dynasty.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about them Cowboys?

yeah, we suck......and will as long as Jerry owns the team

this thread is about Laker fan delusion - and no Laker fan yet has answered the questions.

No doubt the league is better when LA is winning......any ideas on how they do that?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we haven't seen the mamba but for a handful of games...that and all the injuries. im sure they will still ATTEMPT to lure LeBron....but don't see it...maybe Carmelo....not sold on that really either....all signs seem to point towards kevin love in 2015. if they continue their losing ways they will end up with a top 10 pick. they were pretty bad then drafted Andrew Bynum at 10 few years ago and it paid off. they will be bad this year probably next year as well...but 2016 will be right up there top 5 or 6 team in league

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will be fine but its going to take a few years so wherever you and these so called Lakers fans that said LeBron would be going to L.A. I would like there names. I for one dont want LeBron in L.A. Have a great night.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will be fine but its going to take a few years so wherever you and these so called Lakers fans that said LeBron would be going to L.A. I would like there names. I for one dont want LeBron in L.A. Have a great night.

BINGO...!!!

me either. who needs him...?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather Durant.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starbigd. Lebron isn't going anywhere even if the Lakers offer him a max contract. I'll believe it when I see. He is going to finish his career in Miami. I never said you were delusional and I have been watching the Lakers for 50+ years. Probably longer than you have been alive.

As far as your assessment of the roster. I think it is a bit exaggerated. Within the context of having no cap space to do anything, Mitch has found some pretty good very young players. We are in the top tier in the NBA in three point shooting and our bench scoring is up there as well. I personally like our roster presently even without Kobe. I like our youth and athleticism and I like how most nights these kids fight to the final bell. We have some long ball shooters we didn't have last year and if and when Kobe comes back, he won't be all alone like he was last year.

We also have some age issues and a definite idiot running the show. Short Buss is a joke and I have stated that often over on the Lakers pages. The Nash signing was completely nuts and he'll probably be cut loose with a medical retirement exception because his body is simply done. Gasol is on the downside of his career and he has been fighting health issues most of this season. Now that he is healthy, he is playing better.

Another problem we have is team cohesiveness (because we have had a different starting line-up nearly every night) and a lot of youth who make mistakes. We also have had huge injury issues all contributing to a krapping record but I'll take this bunch over a whiny, finger-pointing set of players we had last year. Don'tknowi is not exactly been a genius either but he is guiding a lot of young players that are playing half decent basketball. To state bluntly that the roster is HORRIFIC is not exactly telling the whole story.

Yep, we are in re-building mode and we will be missing from the championship arena for awhile. That is a given. But I have watched every game this year and I like what I am seeing in this re-build process.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starbigd. Lebron isn't going anywhere even if the Lakers offer him a max contract. I'll believe it when I see. He is going to finish his career in Miami. I never said you were delusional and I have been watching the Lakers for 50+ years. Probably longer than you have been alive.

As far as your assessment of the roster. I think it is a bit exaggerated. Within the context of having no cap space to do anything, Mitch has found some pretty good very young players. We are in the top tier in the NBA in three point shooting and our bench scoring is up there as well. I personally like our roster presently even without Kobe. I like our youth and athleticism and I like how most nights these kids fight to the final bell. We have some long ball shooters we didn't have last year and if and when Kobe comes back, he won't be all alone like he was last year.

We also have some age issues and a definite idiot running the show. Short Buss is a joke and I have stated that often over on the Lakers pages. The Nash signing was completely nuts and he'll probably be cut loose with a medical retirement exception because his body is simply done. Gasol is on the downside of his career and he has been fighting health issues most of this season. Now that he is healthy, he is playing better.

Another problem we have is team cohesiveness (because we have had a different starting line-up nearly every night) and a lot of youth who make mistakes. We also have had huge injury issues all contributing to a krapping record but I'll take this bunch over a whiny, finger-pointing set of players we had last year. Don'tknowi is not exactly been a genius either but he is guiding a lot of young players that are playing half decent basketball. To state bluntly that the roster is HORRIFIC is not exactly telling the whole story.

Yep, we are in re-building mode and we will be missing from the championship arena for awhile. That is a given. But I have watched every game this year and I like what I am seeing in this re-build process.

Great post.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

There are Lakers fans on this very board that believe that, and believed THIS team would be a playoff team. Told me I was either delusional or a hater to not believe in the "mamba"

I'm watching a team right now that has COMPLETELY quit.

So the question I have Laker fans, is what you THINK Short Buss will do in the offseason to improve your team's chances. Cause right now I don't see any hope for this year OR next year.

Idiot troll thread and no Lakers fans have been claiming they will sign Lebron. I see fouled out in this threads future.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot troll thread and no Lakers fans have been claiming they will sign Lebron. I see fouled out in this threads future.

th

Carnac the Magnificent agrees!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of them still believe that, but not all Lakers fans believe that - just to set the record straight.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns beat the Lakers three times this season by an average of a gazillion points.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will make a major pitch to Lebron....................major. He is an unrestricted free agent. That means they dont need to give up assets to get him, other than cash.

Its a rare day a top talent can be acquired without this. Even Howard cost them, but Lebron would not.

Look at what Yankees offered Tanaka............perhaps LA gives Lebron some additional goodies besides max salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.