• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Laker fans said they could sign Lebron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have a top 10 pick this year, and so long as he isn't traded(and so long as we don't go after Melo), Kevin Love is way more likely to be a Laker after next year. It's other teams time at the top right now, we'll be back

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers critics have a couple of years to hate on us then we'll be back.....Lebron?? Don't think so but I'm never shocked at anything when money is involved(and if he doesn't win a ring this year)and Lakers have plenty of it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers critics have a couple of years to hate on us then we'll be back.....Lebron?? Don't think so but I'm never shocked at anything when money is involved(and if he doesn't win a ring this year)and Lakers have plenty of it.

Stranger things have happened, but I think if the Lakers could get Gasol to come back under 10 million a year, then pick up Deng and Carmelo, the Lakers could be contenders again

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger things have happened, but I think if the Lakers could get Gasol to come back under 10 million a year, then pick up Deng and Carmelo, the Lakers could be contenders again

For funs sake, Kobe and Carmelo on the same team :scratch:

Anyway, Kobe 24+ Gasol 9 ( which he isn't signing for)+ Carmelo 24?+ Deng who warns 13-15 m but let's go with 13.

That puts you at 70, plus Nash is stil on the books.

Now you still need another 9 or so players.
How's it happening?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway, Kobe 24+ Gasol 9 ( which he isn't signing for)+ Carmelo 24?+ Deng who warns 13-15 m but let's go with 13.

How's it happening?

It could happen, all the Lakers have to do is wait until they have signed Carmello and Deng - then with the cap used up, they use the bird rights on Gasol Kobe 24 + Deng 13 = 39 + Carmello 24 - right there - all they have to is get Carmello to take less in the first year to put them under the cap and use the bird rights on Gasol - so yes

The only place the Lakers really went wrong was giving Kobe 24 when they should have offered him 14 million

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

There are Lakers fans on this very board that believe that, and believed THIS team would be a playoff team. Told me I was either delusional or a hater to not believe in the "mamba"

I'm watching a team right now that has COMPLETELY quit.

So the question I have Laker fans, is what you THINK Short Buss will do in the offseason to improve your team's chances. Cause right now I don't see any hope for this year OR next year.

What's sad, is that Starbigd is a good poster from what I see on the cfb board.

Every Laker fan that said this team would make the playoffs, never knew this team would face this many injuries. I cant remember a team that faced this many injuries to their top players.

Plus, nobody said Lebron was comming to LA, we said the Lakers have enough money to sign him and would make a run to get him.

This thread was made to either try to look good, or get attention.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I have to ad to starbigd's typical obsessive spew is that we are Lakers fans, not Laker fans. The team is the Lakers.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely not. I'm glad you aren't running things. Deng is a good player, but he is not worth the kind of money he will get. He has a lot of mileage on him already. Carmelo costs way too much money. The only way I would consider Carmelo is if he takes a paycut. I doubt he would after seeing what they gave Kobe. And Pau? He's been done with the Lakers for awhile now. He needs a change of scenery like no other. I would either trade him before the deadline or part ways this summer.

With Dwight leaving, the rebuild has been extended a couple of years. It will take some time. Lakers fans will have to endure some bad seasons like this one. With any luck, they'll get a young franchise-level player this summer. In the summer of 2015, they sign a major FA (they have the cap space regardless of all the people who think they don't because of Kobe's contract). In the summer of 2016, they sign another major FA (Kobe comes off the books).

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Just sent for a shirt with that design on it!!

Come on tf12!! Not only an SC fan but a Seahawk fan?? Damn good thing you're a Laker fan! LOL!!!

:suds::laugh3:

Hey Retro, thoughts on the NFCCG?? And Kaep? As an outside observer, I'd like your thoughts. The Niner board has been booming with a lot of different things. I'm a huge Kaep supporter and will continue, unless he does something beyond reproach. I believe he kept us in that game and made some mistakes that cost us. But don't think we're in the position we're in without him.

Sorry to hijack this stupid thread! :laugh3:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have a top 10 pick this year, and so long as he isn't traded(and so long as we don't go after Melo), Kevin Love is way more likely to be a Laker after next year. It's other teams time at the top right now, we'll be back

THIS!! I do not want Carmelo Anthony on this team! Waaaaay too much money and we don't need he and Kobe combatting for shots!

I'd MUCH rather have Love than LeBron! I wouldn't, however, bitch much if we got LeBron. Just don't see it.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love would be a great pickup. Right now we are sitting at 9th pick (ping pongs dependant). We really need a top 7/8 pick in order to get either Exum or Smart. If we can pair that type of talent at PG, along with Kobe, along with Love - I really like out team. Ideally we could do all that and still keep Gasol at a lower price.

Smart, Kobe, Love, Gasol...:clap:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will make a major pitch to Lebron....................major. He is an unrestricted free agent. That means they dont need to give up assets to get him, other than cash.

Its a rare day a top talent can be acquired without this. Even Howard cost them, but Lebron would not.

Look at what Yankees offered Tanaka............perhaps LA gives Lebron some additional goodies besides max salary.

:agree: I'm sure the Lakers will put together an extremely attractive offer for Lebron. I'm just as sure that he will keep his talents in South Beach!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How's it happening?

KEEP 'MELO THE HELL AWAY!!

The Lakers should offer to pay him a max deal to stay in New York.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on tf12!! Not only an SC fan but a Seahawk fan?? Damn good thing you're a Laker fan! LOL!!!

:suds::laugh3:

Hey Retro, thoughts on the NFCCG?? And Kaep? As an outside observer, I'd like your thoughts. The Niner board has been booming with a lot of different things. I'm a huge Kaep supporter and will continue, unless he does something beyond reproach. I believe he kept us in that game and made some mistakes that cost us. But don't think we're in the position we're in without him.

Sorry to hijack this stupid thread! :laugh3:

:lol: Blame Georgia Frontiere. I was a die-hard Rams fan until that snake eating bitch stole them!! Had to find a new team and the 49ers hate was still strong in me. Can't get into the Chargers or Raiders. I had always kind of liked the Seahawks anyway (Largent and Zorn) so, it was a good fit. Now with the Seahawks and Niners having a growing rivalry, it feels like the old days again!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather had Luol Deng - and then keep Pau Gasol

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan dont be so sure. Yes, I know, everyone says no one wants to play with Kobe, and his contract does constrain LA for adding more than just LBJ, but ya know, Lebron is not about the money, he is about his legacy. Other players want to play with him.........LA may get a interest from others. Perhaps he turns the Lakers around and gets them back in a few years. Great resume story. If he wins a few more rings he will be the face of LA, and maybe even talk of him being at the MJ level.............he is getting close.

Love trade rumors will overtake Rondo rumors this year. Chicago really is in a great position with all their cap space and a bundle of picks to give to Minnesota. Love will not finish his contract in Wolves jersey.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine, but the Bulls are not making that trade if they are not sure if Love will sign an extension with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.