• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gruden presser 2 of 2

On if the team lacks intensity when it has a big lead:

“No, I mean obviously you want to close them out and put your foot on their throat, but it doesn’t always work out. They have 46 guys on their team that are trying not to allow that to happen. They just made some plays. We made some unfortunate penalties and turnovers. The turnover was huge. You’ve got the ball at the 44-yard line, second-and-three, instead they’ve got the ball on your two-yard line. It’s a huge difference. We just have to do a better job of protecting the football in those situations and when we do have a turnover – sudden change like that – do a better job of trying to hold them. And we have to do a better job on defense of getting more turnovers. We had the one at the end of the game, which was huge, but we are not forcing any turnovers, sudden changes, in our favor.”

On the improvement by DL Matt Ioannidis and LB Preston Smith this year:

“Well, Matt is getting playing time. He didn’t play a lot last year. He was playing basically in base and he is playing a different position. Now he is playing defensive end. He is playing some three-technique in nickel, getting some opportunities to rush where he didn’t get that last year. He mainly was a base player playing the run. Now he is actually in sub packages rushing the passer. So he is getting more opportunities. Preston, I think the good thing about Preston is I think you’re seeing him more fresh this year. I think with the rotation we have at outside backer with Ryan Anderson, he, [Ryan] Kerrigan and Junior Galette, I think they’re all getting their rest and they’re getting their reps and they are being effective.”

On the importance of this week’s game against the Eagles:

“Obviously anytime you play a division team it is significant, especially when they’re ahead of you in the standings and they already beat you. So it is a big game for us, without a doubt. We have to do a much better job than we did the last time we played them handling their pressure. It wasn’t just blitzes. It was four-man pressures with [Brandon] Graham and those other guys. They have Fletcher Cox. They have a very good pass rush, very strong defense. They are well-coached on defense. From an offensive perspective, we have to do a better job handling the pressure, and then defensively, we have to figure out a way to contain [Carson] Wentz. He killed us with the off-schedule plays and he has been doing that consistently throughout the year. That is why they are 5-1. It’s a big game for us. We know that. A division game on the road, Monday Night Football. We are a game-and-a-half behind them so it’s important for us to try to get this one somehow to get back in the race.”

On RB Samaje Perine and his usage on the final drive:

“He had some good catches, which I was happy about. He had the big catch on the third down touchdown play and he had a nice screen pass that he popped out of there. I think there are still some runs – the more he sees, the better he is going to get. The more opportunities he gets, the better he is going to get. He is not a finished product by any stretch. He is a rookie. He is feeling himself through it, but I am just looking for more decisive cuts by him and more physical runs. That’s just what we expect from Samaje and I know he expects that himself. The last three plays, the first play I don’t know if he missed the cut or not. He probably could’ve kept that inside. The second play he had a nice run getting it to third-down-and-five. Then the last run wasn’t much of a chance. They blew it up.”

On trusting Perine in that situation:

“We knew we were going to smash them between the tackles pretty much and that is more Samaje’s style.”

On CB Josh Norman:

“Josh Norman will increase his exercise and running and be reevaluated mid-week.”

On the ideal number of carries for RB Chris Thompson:

“Ideal? I don’t know – eight, probably? Seven or eight, and then get about seven or eight catches, would be nice. I would like to get him about 15 touches somehow, 10-15.”

On if he worries about wearing Thompson out:

“You do from time to time, but I think we gauge him on the sideline, too. Randy [Jordan] does a nice job of seeing how they are physically, talking to them, making sure they’re OK. Chris was handling the workload very well so we kept going to him.”

On what Cousins spreading the ball around indicates:

“I think it’s an indication of people doing their jobs, number one. I think any time we have a route combination, I think he trusts everybody involved in the pattern and he’s seeing things pretty clearly, getting to his right reads and right progressions. There was a couple errant throws he had but for the most part, I think he was making good, sound decisions and getting them to the people and the players were making good plays for him after the catch for the most part. It’s all about reading the defenses, going through your progressions and the line giving him time and then trusting the guys to make the plays for you.”

On if the team could activate S DeAngelo Hall’s practice window soon:

“Yeah, that’s a possibility. We’re talking about that here today with our strength coach and our trainer. We’ll decide on that either this week or next week. Could be a possibility.”

On the determining factor on the decision to have Hall potentially start practice:

“We want to make sure when he starts practice, he’s ready to start practice. We don’t want to have him start out practice at 80 percent. When he starts practice, we want him to be at 100 percent because we want him to get the reps. You can get guys 21 days to get himself in football shape. We want to make sure he’s in football shape before we start the 21-day clock and make sure he’s 100 percent, which I think he’s pretty darn close. So I think it could start Wednesday, actually, could be next week. We’ll see.”

On if Doctson has expanded his role beyond just the Z receiver position:

“We still have to realize he’s in his second year and last year he didn’t practice a lot. Before we start throwing more on his plate, we’ve got to make sure he can handle the little bit that’s on his plate already, which I know he can. I know he can play some X and Z now. Now it’s a matter of getting him out there at practice, making sure he can handle the workload and the mental load of it. We will definitely put him out there at X at some point here soon.”

On RB Rob Kelley:

“He is to practice this week – ankle.”

On S Deshazor Everett and T Ty Nsekhe:

“Everett is to practice this week – hamstring – and Nsekhe is week-to-week. He’s getting close.”

On if he thinks T Trent Williams would have played yesterday if Nsekhe had been available:

“That’s a good question. I think he probably would have. He played extremely well. And I know he didn’t feel like himself, but I’ll tell you what, he was impressive. He played really well. We’re glad he played.”

On if there’s any chance Norman is available this week against Philadelphia:

“I think there’s a chance, but we’ll see. I think that’s up to the doctors and Josh, see how he’s feeling. We don’t want this thing to get re-injured obviously, but if he can go, I’m sure Josh will go.”

On if the team will practice Wednesday:

“We’re going to probably walkthrough Wednesday just because of all of the injuries that we have. We have some other ones that aren’t on here that we have to monitor. I don’t think we’ll have enough guys to practice on Wednesday anyway, so we’ll give them an extra day here to rest, recover and go Thursday, Friday, Saturday, leave Sunday.”

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roster moves

For Immediate Release

October 19, 2017

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

DL Jonathan Allen

The Redskins signed the following practice squad player to their active roster:

DL A.J. Francis

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

DL Ondre Pipkins

In addition, the Redskins commenced the 21-day practice period for S DeAngelo Hall.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thursday presser

October 19, 2017

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:

“Obviously, you heard on injured reserve is [Dustin] Hopkins with his hip flexor strain [and] Jonathan Allen with his Lisfranc surgery. Did not practice today was Trent Williams and Ty Nsekhe. Limited were Josh Norman, rib; [Bashaud] Breeland, knee; [Deshazor] Everett, hamstring; [Rob] Kelley, ankle; [Ryan] Anderson, back; [Stefan] McClure, knee; [Tyler] Catalina is in concussion evaluation right now. Full were [Montae] Nicholson, [Fabian] Moreau and [Mason] Foster.”

On if there is a chance K Dustin Hopkins or DL Jonathan Allen could return this season:

“Well, there is a chance, yeah. We have the opportunity to bring two back, so we will put them on IR and see how they do and rehab them and see where they go.”

On if he envisions a scenario in which Allen could return:

“Absolutely, yeah. Definitely.”

On how CB Josh Norman looked at practice:

“He just did individual today. He didn’t do any team stuff, but he ran around and looked fine to me. But that’s up to his pain tolerance and what the trainers say.”

On if they got better news about Allen’s injury after the surgery:

“Yeah, I think that is the case. We got better news after the surgery that it wouldn’t be as lengthy as some of these surgeries typically are. So that’s good news, but we still have to rehab it. He is a big man and sometimes bigger guys take a little bit longer but we will wait and see. We will just play it by ear and hopefully we see him again, but it is up to the rehab.”

On CB Bashaud Breeland:

“He started out in individual and did some one-on-ones there at the beginning then we took him out. He looked OK.”

On roster moves:

“[A.J.] Francis will be on the 53 [-man roster]. [Ondre] Pipkins will be the 10th practice squad guy, who was here in training camp also.”

On DL Anthony Lanier II and A.J. Francis:

“Lanier is a different animal. He’s a good pass rusher, still young. Francis provides us some more depth as far as the interior, as far as nose guard is concerned. I don’t know which combination we will use come Monday, but it is good to get A.J. back here. We liked him a lot. We let him go numbers-wise and then we are fortunate that he was on the streets so [we] brought him back.”

On if Allen’s injury was a break or a sprain:

“I just know it is a Lisfranc. I didn’t pass that class [laughter].”

On the biggest difference in his team since Week 1:

“What’s the biggest difference? Well, I think every week we are getting better. There is more continuity on defense. Offensively, I think we are playing better as a group. I think just all together – offense, defense, special teams – we are getting to where we want to be. We are not there yet, but we are a lot further along now than we were Week 1. They are too. They are much improved. It is going to be a heck of a game, as it always is against Philadelphia.”

On what they liked about K Nick Rose:

“We had a workout here – four kickers – and Nick kicked the best. He had the most pop on his kicks, kickoffs and field goals. He didn’t miss any so we thought we’d give him an opportunity. [We] get to let him practice out here today and tomorrow and hopefully he’ll be the guy for us and we plan on it.”

On the importance of this game:

“Yeah, it’s a big game. The NFC East – they’re in the lead. They’re 5-1 and we’re 3-2. I mean, just do the math. If you look at 3-3 and 6-1 and we’ve lost twice to them, that’s a big difference. 4-2 and 5-2 and we’re right there in the thick of things as far as the NFC East is concerned. Right now if you look around the NFL, not just the NFC, but in the NFL, everybody’s kind of hovering around it. There’s only two teams with one loss. Everybody else has two, three or four, so it’s really a tight battle. Every game is very, very important. Division games have added importance. Road games – obviously you’re playing a division leader. Rivalry teams, they’re big but going to Philadelphia’s always huge no matter what.”

On how to keep chemistry going despite the injuries:

“Yeah, you rely on the core group. We have a core group of guys that are still here and healthy and those are the guys that are going to lead the way. We have good, strong leadership in place and those are the guys who are going to get the guys who are younger or haven’t played a lot … they’re going to get them ready to play. It’s up to the coaches to get them ready mentally, and physically these guys have got to get themselves ready. I feel confident that the guys that have been here like [Anthony] Lanier, T.J. Clemmings if he had to play, some of these other guys, Mack Brown if he had to play more reps – I mean these guys are ready to play because they’ve been taught and they’ve worked extremely hard and they’re just waiting for an opportunity.”

On if there was any hesitation about Rose because he hasn’t yet kicked in an NFL game:

“Yeah, that’s the issue. We’ll see when the lights cut on. Sometimes you just don’t know until they cut on but we’re going to find out. I’m hoping that he takes advantage of this great opportunity that he has in front of him. He’s got a powerful leg and let’s see what he does.”

On how surprised he is at how well Quinton Dunbar has done in his move from receiver to cornerback:

“Yes, I am, quite frankly because he was a terrible wide receiver [laughter]. It just so happened that at the time we were scrimmaging the Texans and we were short defensive backs. I think D-Hall [DeAngelo Hall] went down and we had a couple other injuries in the secondary and we needed some people in one-on-ones over there. I saw Dunbar playing on punt – cover team – and he was blocking the flyers and doing extremely well. He was long so I threw him out there and put a jersey on him and he did pretty well. We kept him out over there and he’s developed. Coach [Perry] Fewell initially started with him, did a great job with him, and then obviously the guys here. Coach [James] Rowe and Torrian Gray have done a great job with him. He’s long and fast. Like I said the other day, he’s just got a very short memory. He’s got a defensive mentality and he’s got a very short memory. He runs and covers.”

On if Dunbar’s understanding of offenses has impacted his performance:

“Yeah, all these guys. The more they see, the more they… we have a lot of meetings, a lot of meeting time for them to study film and study their opponent during the season, offseason, all that stuff. When you’re just studying your craft, you’re going to get a chance to really study and hone in on it from a mental standpoint as long as you’re paying attention. The coaches do a great job of breaking down film for them and showing them what to look at, how to study film. Being an ex-wide receiver, I’m sure that’s helped him a little bit as far as route concepts are concerned, so he’s picked it up quick, a lot quicker than I thought he would.”

On G Brandon Scherff’s development this year:

“Yeah, I think every week he does something on tape where you scratch your head and are you’re like, ‘Wow.’ Every week. He’s been very impressive since he walked in the building with his work ethic, his athleticism, his strength, his power. Now he’s really getting comfortable. He’s reacting. He’s anticipating. He’s pulling. He’s pass-blocking. He’s run-blocking. He’s double teaming. He’s doing everything you want him to do out in screens, out in space. He’s the best guard out in space by far in this league. It’s fun to watch him. He had a penalty the other day which wasn’t a penalty, but that was fun to watch also. I enjoy watching him. He got another game ball this past week so he’s just continuing to get better and better.”

On the time table for S DeAngelo Hall:

“He’s got 21 days [to practice]. We have to make a decision to either keep him on IR or put him on the 53. I think the work that he’s put in with Chad [Englehart] and obviously the trainers and D-Hall saying he feels 100 percent – it was a green light to get him out there. He looked good today. A little rusty but I think he’s got a chance.”

On RB Rob Kelley’s progress:

“He looked good today. It was a limited basis, but he took some reps in some team periods and moved around pretty well.”

On if Hall will remain at safety:

“Yeah. Oh, yeah. For sure.”

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cousins presser

QB Kirk Cousins

On his rapport with WR Terrelle Pryor Sr.:

“I think we are coming along pretty well. I think if you look at last week’s game, there is a possibility that if I throw that red zone play to Terrelle and hit him accurately that he scores early in the game on a touchdown. Late in the game down the sideline in the front pylon there is a chance he scores. So he could have very easily – with two more accurate throws – had two touchdowns. That’s how fragile it is. If he is coming away with two touchdowns in that game, now we are saying we were on the same page and we have improved so much since April. But that is where it can be a little fickle and fragile but I think he is doing a really good job and he is working really hard. I think we have made great strides.”

On if he is happy about the way the offense is functioning:

“I think it starts, ultimately, with Monday on our off day when our coaches get together and game plan. They have to devise a plan that will work and that will put us in a position to be successful. They have to factor in injuries and the scheme and what we are doing well. It’s a moving target because they may start to say, ‘Hey, we are better at this phase of our offense than we thought we would be, but we are not as strong in another phase. So let’s adjust on the fly and start to create some plays and formations that accent that better.’ I am very pleased with the way our coaches have worked really hard to create game plans that put us in a position to be successful. Ultimately we just have to go out then and execute well. It was great to see Trent Williams be able to play through an injury and play well. The more we can protect well and get open, then that’s when I can just be a distributor and throw accurately. Next thing you know we move the football and score points.”

On having his son at the game on Sunday:

“Well, it was a thrill and I think it all goes back to when you win it makes it for a great memory. We had a lot of fun in the players’ parking lot afterwards. I was able to just hold him and kind of take in the moment. When we had that rushing touchdown at the end of the game, I kept the ball and put that in his nursery. So we have got that there and now my wife now wants it to get painted up to say ‘Cooper’s game ball.’ So we will see what we can do there. Hopefully there will be many more games like it and I told my wife that I would like to play long enough to where he can come to a game and remember it and have that memory. So hopefully I can play long enough where he can see me play and remember it.”

On the speed of his progressions:

“I think progressions and processing quickly has always been a strength of my game. I think standing here, I’m not in the NFL because I’m 6-5, 240, throw the ball 75 yards, people fall off me when you try to tackle me. I mean, that’s not why I am here. So it is going to have to be accuracy, decision making, quick processing, leadership, toughness, a lot of things that they don’t have a test for at the combine but end up being the difference in quarterbacking in this league. Progressing quickly is very important. You either take a lot of sacks or you throw a lot of incompletions if you don’t progress quickly. But like the touchdown to Samaje [Perine], that’s really the fifth guy in the progression, but going back to the coaches scheming plays and putting a plan together, I am not getting to my fifth guy very often because our coaches know what they are doing. They are trying to make sure number one and number two are getting open. So by their good design, progressions usually don’t have to be exhausted fully.”

On the run game and what it does for him:

“I like to think that when you continue to run the football it does open up your play action. It does give a legitimacy to your run fakes, whether they are bootlegs or passes. The defensive line has to respect that. It’s not as easy to just tee off on the pass rush and on the quarterback. I think it also… it just puts a lot of stress on your passing game and on your quarterback if you’re throwing the ball 45 times a game to be very, very efficient in doing that. I think when you can stay balanced, it certainly can help, but I’ll be the first one to say that it doesn’t do you much good if you run a bunch of plays and you’re running the ball but you are not gaining yards and you’re not putting yourselves in a positive position. So it is always a balance. We will go week-to-week in terms of if we feel like it is a good matchup and if running the ball is the way to go and what specific runs are going to work. Sometimes you feel it out throughout the game. Against the 49ers, we had a bit of a jet sweep action that we were using that was working well and then you go to the well one too many times and the defensive end and the outside linebacker have now gotten a feel for it and they are lining in a way to stop it. We went to it a couple more times and got stuffed. Even good play design – if you go back to it too many times – can end up, the well goes dry, and then you have to have other answers and other ways to mix it up. That goes back to plan and then the execution.”

On if he notices his records on certain nights:

“I’ve learned that this league is only what it is because people can talk about it and go to the water cooler at work and discuss things, and a stat like, ‘Hey, he is 0-5 on Monday Night Football,’ I mean, that is something to talk about. It’s something you can put on a ticker and it creates viewership and I think ultimately I guess for the league, that kind of thing is a good thing. I mean, that’s what you want, is people talking about the game and finding those kinds of facts and stats that hopefully can tell a story. But I would be the first one to say that, yeah, I don’t know if that tells the whole story. If you go back and look at what did we do in those games and how did it go, I think if you have got a whole narrative of what really took place, I think that’s a misleading indication of what’s going on. With that being said, I would love to be 1-5 on Monday Night Football after Monday night. So that is certainly the goal and hopefully over the years we can get that record up. It’s prime time and we want to play well in a big game.”

On being able to get the offense back in rhythm when he needs to:

“It’s very fragile. I remember, we got in a third-and-one and we handed it off to Mack Brown and we got stuffed. If we get that first down, maybe now we’re rolling, maybe we’ve got a first down, we’re at midfield and the whole feel of that drive and of our momentum continues to go in the right direction. The difference between, ‘Oh, we stubbed our toe middle of the game and allowed them to get back into it’ and ‘We kept our foot on the gas pedal and ended up having a blowout,’ it can be very small. That’s why every single play, we have to be locked in because one play can turn the tide. You’re also very aware of every single play – a sack-fumble, a turnover – can get a team right back in it. So when you do have a lead, you start to be aware of what are the ways that we can get them back in it quickly and how can we avoid that by playing smart and protecting the football and avoiding the critical error.”

On his approach to big games:

“In college, when we played like Ohio State or Wisconsin, it truly felt like a bigger game. It felt like there’s a little more attention on it. In the NFL, I feel like while it is a big game, they’re all big. And I don’t know of a single game that I go to and feel like, ‘This one is not quite as charged.’ Again, it’s fun to talk about, fun to hype up, I get that. But for me, like you said, we’ve got the Cowboys the next week. That will be a big game. Win or lose this week, that’s a big game. That’s the beauty of the NFL is every single week, we’re getting tested and it feels like Ohio State or Wisconsin or Michigan every single week for me. That’s the great thing about this league.”

On if he believes in signature wins:

“Again, I think that it wouldn’t be a signature win if we lost the rest of them, you know, and finish the season. It just doesn’t… let’s let the dust settle and see where we are at Week 17. That’s my approach. We really do take the cliché mindset of one game at a time, one day at a time and let’s see where we are when the dust settles. You’re only as good as your last game. I’m sure that a win on the road against the Eagles would get our fans very excited and people would be riding the roller coaster and they would be on the height of the roller coaster at that point. We try not to ride it. We try to stay steady right through it and I think that serves us well. I remember being 3-5 and playing the Patriots. We went to 3-5 in 2015 and next thing you know we won the division. I remember going to Carolina a couple weeks later and getting blown out, and then we won the division. So I just go back to, ‘Let’s just play this whole thing out and see where it ends,’ and then hopefully have a signature season. That’s really the goal.”

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trents gonna need some knee surgery here at some point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trents gonna need some knee surgery here at some point.

Thinking if big Ty gets healthy, Trent will at minimum get a game or two off, and might just get that knee taken care of if they think Ty can hold it down for another extended period of time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking if big Ty gets healthy, Trent will at minimum get a game or two off, and might just get that knee taken care of if they think Ty can hold it down for another extended period of time.
Xactly my thinking... Couldn't have been worse timing for Ty to get that core injury off 1 snap

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping he has a big game on his bday

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats always require context but any way you look at it, this is outrageous

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can get healthy, and a little more talent on the D-line... thi guy is gonig to have them eating raw chikens and hunting QB heads for voo-doo dolls. Hopefully it gets there before some one snags him as their DC.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday Gruden presser

1 of 2

October 24, 2017

Head Coach Jay Gruden

** The following is a transcript of a conference call with local reporters this afternoon.**

On injuries:

“Spencer Long has knee/quad tendinitis. He is pretty sore. Stefan McClure has a hamstring strain. He will be questionable, day-to-day. Preston Smith has a groin [injury]. He will be questionable, day-to-day. Trent Williams aggravated his knee. He will be questionable, day-to-day. Fabian Moreau has a hamstring [injury]. He will be day-to-day. [Brandon] Scherff we got better news on. Scherff, he got hurt on his lower back when he got speared and then he also has a MCL Grade 2 [sprain] so there is a chance – with treatment and all that stuff –there is a chance we can brace it up. We will see how he does during the week. And [Morgan] Moses has both ankle sprains. He will be day-to-day also. [Josh] Norman should get back to practice with his rib. [Deshazor] Everett should get back to practice with his hamstring and [Tyler] Catalina with his concussion.”

On the plan for the depth at tackle:

“We just got this information five minutes ago. Treatment was at 2:00. The MRIs just got back so we will have to address that in a personnel meeting here in about an hour.”

On potentially resting T Trent Williams:

“It’s a possibility. We will have to see how he does during the week. He won’t practice during the week probably. We will have to wait and see. It would be a possibly if Ty Nsekhe was up and ready to go, but Ty is not ready to go. We have got T.J. [Clemmings] ready to roll if need be, but I think we will just have to gauge Trent and see how he is feeling early in the week.”

On his level of concern for Williams being able to finish the season:

“Well, there is a level of concern, without a doubt. That’s something that I have to rely on the trainers to make that call and Trent to make that call. First off, we have to do right by Trent. And then the big thing is finding out from a longevity standpoint, how much this could affect him if it does or not. That’s something we have to take into account and then make a good decision.”

On if struggles in the running game against the Eagles this season are matchup-related:

“I don’t know. I think it wasn’t so much a matchup thing. [It’s] just that we didn’t get it going. We had a couple opportunities to run it on third-and-short – like you mentioned yesterday – and tried to get a couple passes going on third-and-a-long-one and thought we had good plays called but they didn’t work out. Then a drive stalled and we didn’t really get anything going. We got Rob [Kelley] a couple carries, Chris [Thompson] a couple carries and unfortunately we just couldn’t get it going. I think we just probably have to call more runs, I guess. But they do a good job against the run. They have those wide-nine techniques and force everything inside to Fletcher Cox and [Tim] Jernigan and their linebackers. It’s not an easy team to run against based on their stats throughout seven games of the season. I think they’re No. 1 in the league. That’s no excuse. We should do a better job. We should’ve done a better job, and part of it is my fault for not calling more.”

On if he’ll change his approach to practice this week given the team’s injuries:

“I’ll have to make some changes. I don’t have any linemen, so there will have to be some changes made. Maybe even more seven-on-seven, a little bit more individual [drills] for the offensive line to make sure we’re getting…maybe more walkthroughs, but I’ll make that adjustment without a doubt.”

On the role of WR Terrelle Pryor Sr. moving forward:

“We’ll see how it goes moving forward. Right now I think we wanted to get Josh [Doctson] in there a little bit more and see how he did. Josh did some good things, some things we need to clean up, same with Terrelle every week. Just going to continue to coach those guys up, try to play the hot hand, play the guys who are fresh and go from there.”

On what the receivers need to clean up:

“We just need to clean up some of the details in the routes, some of the blocking, some things we just need to clean up.”

On if TE Jordan Reed’s success yesterday was just a function of his health:
“I think health had a lot to do with it, health had a lot to do with it. I think he’s feeling good. He was able to get more reps and got some more opportunities with the ball and coverages dictated him getting the ball a little bit more and he took advantage of them like he usually does when the coverage allows. He did a great job running routes and catching, running after the catch, so it was good to get him back involved in the game, get a couple touchdowns for him, get his confidence rolling because he’s obviously a main part of our offense.”

On how injuries along the offensive line changed play calling:

“I think it part of the reason we tried to do some more quick game, some more rollouts, boots and things of that nature was to try to help the offensive line. Chase [Roullier] really played center, he played guard. T.J. Clemmings played both tackles, so it was really hard to really get a feel for what we could do there. I think the guys still came in and competed, did some good things, but it did have an impact on some of the play calling.”

On if he was pleased with the way Pryor and WR Josh Doctson handled their roles yesterday:

“I think at the end of the day, it’s about the team, number one, and they have to control what they can control. If they’re in there for 10 plays, 30 plays or 60 plays, they have to play their best football and we’ll adjust as a team and try to get the best players out there. That’s always the case at every position. Outside linebackers, they’re subbing. Defensive linemen, they’re subbing all the time, so it’s just important for us to try to play the best players, the guys who give us the best chance to win. We have faith. It’s not like we’re losing faith in anybody. We have faith in all our receivers to win one-on-one matchups and run the right coverage, run the right routes and all that stuff and make plays when the ball is distributed to them. It’s just a matter of trying to get everybody happy here. It’s hard. They’re all worthy of playing, but they all have to wait their turn and be patient and when their number is called, produce.”

On the lack of touches for RB Samaje Perine yesterday:

“I’ve got nothing against Samaje. It’s not like we’re punishing him or anything like that. First half, we tried to get Rob [Kelley] going. In some of our other packages, Chris [Thompson] is our main guy and in the second half we’re in a lot of three-receiver sets and Chris is the main guy for pass protection and routes out of the backfield. Unfortunately in the second half, we were 10-10 with three minutes to go in the half and, really, I think that drive was the one that really hurt us the most. We had second-down-and-four, I tried a little one-back power, we got stopped for a two-yard gain, then we had third-down-and-two and failed to convert and we punted. The next time we got the ball to start the third quarter, we’re down 24-10 and that kind of took us out of our game plan a little bit and we had to play catch-up. That was a little hard. We’d like to have the half end with possession of the ball. Unfortunately we didn’t get it done and we gave up back-to-back touchdowns on a two-minute drive and to start the third quarter. Unfortunately we couldn’t get Samaje going or the running game in general.”

On trying to get the running game going:

“We intend on changing up to try to get the run game going, very similar to the wide receiver position. I really, personally have faith in all these guys. I know it doesn’t seem like that sometimes, but whoever’s out there, I trust the fact that we’re going to sub them in and keep them all fresh, and when they’re out there, I feel like they can all produce and make some plays. We can’t have everybody out there all the time, we can only have 11 out there. Really, some of our best offensive stuff comes out of two-tight-end sets and one back. Three-tight-end sets and one back, we’re very successful. Last night we didn’t use it enough because we got behind in the second half. It’s going to be hard to get everybody the ball and get everybody happy, but these guys are all on the team and when they’re asked to play, they’ll play, and if not, they’ll wait their turn.”

On the use of man coverage last night:

“We mixed it up a little bit. I think Carson does a good job of, you know, picking apart some of the zones. He has a good idea of where to go with the ball in the zone and we thought we could play some man and try to get some pressure on the quarterback with some blitzes and try to get up in his face a little bit. And some of those were successful and obviously some of them they hit us on. Actually the long touchdown was a zone coverage they hit us on. You know, I think the long one to Zach Ertz was man-ish type thing but it had some zone principles to it and we got Mason Foster down the middle against Ertz and we blew the coverage on the backside there. We did try some zone principles he hit us on and we tried some man principles he hit us on. But we’ve just got to do a better job in critical situations. You know, third downs obviously we talked about and when we do play man-to-man we have got to do a better job of getting around the quarterback and getting him on the ground and making him throw it off-rhythm so our corners can make plays. But, you know, he was able to escape some rushes that I don’t know how he escaped on and he made some throws that were very, very good, so hats off to him, but we have got to do a better job of containing the quarterback in those situations and obviously do a better job two minutes at the end of the half and starting. To end the half the way we did and starting the third quarter the way we did was probably the most disappointing thing of the game. I think our guys competed, they played hard. We just didn’t finish a couple key plays on both sides of the ball.”