• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arent we in the middle of a rebuild ? does anyone think our defense is championship material ? so far they have proved nothing

we have 2 SS starting , one that is on his 4th team and 1 hasnt played the position as a pro we have one ILB who is of BU caliber our starting OLB is inconsistant at best one is suspended one cant get on the filed

our d/line has a rookie and a bunch of journeymen and we have no real proven NT

we have one CB who layed an egg last season and the slot is still in question

now some answers are here but lets not anoint them a top 12 defense . that is dumb

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah what happened in london ? what happened vs detroit , those marbles cost us a playoff spot

and in 2015 , 4 straight games of marbles won , which you conveniently forget

@deanpet21 Not for nothing But if the defense had stepped up even once in any of these five games

Detroit, Cincy, Dallas, Dallas, or Arizona... , week 17 means nothing and we are in the playoffs.

But lets look closer.

Arizona, we go into the 4th quarter winth a 20-17 lead, defense gives up 14 points.

Dallas week 2, We go into the 4th leading 23 to 20, defense gives up the game losing score

Detroit... Offense hands them the lead with less than 2 minute remaining, defense takes it like a drunk college girl at a frat party.

I know I tagged a Skinsdad post here, but Dean needs to really look at how much the defense really let this team down all season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21 Not for nothing But if the defense had stepped up even once in any of these five games

Detroit, Cincy, Dallas, Dallas, or Arizona... , week 17 means nothing and we are in the playoffs.

But lets look closer.

Arizona, we go into the 4th quarter winth a 20-17 lead, defense gives up 14 points.

Dallas week 2, We go into the 4th leading 23 to 20, defense gives up the game losing score

Detroit... Offense hands them the lead with less than 2 minute remaining, defense takes it like a drunk college girl at a frat party.

I know I tagged a Skinsdad post here, but Dean needs to really look at how much the defense really let this team down all season.

blaming the defense for the Dallas loss is just laughable. Didn't KC miss like 4 Open Wr's for Tds? Plus threw an INT in the endzone to at least go up by 6 points. Are you frigin serious dude? I will give you Cincy, and Detroit. The Ari game KC threw a huge pick in the 4th qtr. A 3 point lead in the 4th qtr is not a big lead at all.

Now the games that the defense has won for us this year. Giants, Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Vikings. 5 out of the 8 wins. That is more than half. Im not saying they were great but they stepped up in these games when KC couldn't close it out.

bottom line here was that KC did not carry this team to all of the 8 wins. If he did it would of have been a different story.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, now I believe that you're just looking for reaction. Saying it was KC who loss those games is ridiculous. We were 28th in total defense last year for a reason. Dead last in giving teams a first down. How many 3rd and forevers did we allow so teams could stay on the field and continue to drive? Near the bottom in every category yet it was KC who should have propelled us. I guess you meant when KC was on the field.. which wasn't often.

Not gonna say that KC didn't have some missed opportunities... but playing with a lead as oppose to playing from behind has to add into the equation. KC was 3rd in the league in passing yards. Imagine his numbers if the defense could have gotten him back in there sooner.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arent we in the middle of a rebuild
Tired of hearing this phrase of rebuild. Teams don't rebuild anymore... they plug and play. Dallas had two rookies in the most pivotal positions last year yet they never were in rebuild. Just because we suck on defense doesn't mean we are rebuilding... just means we suck on defense. Going into a 4th year with the same coach I think rebuild is an excuse.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we had several chances to make the playoffs but here is the last chance and it is a curtains closer. This will be a little painfully for some here however let drop back and play this replay frame by frame especially 38 to 40 sec's. Also note at 39 sec's Thompson is clearly being held. Ref missed that one but lets get back to our last chance to make the playoffs. Between 38 and 39 KC had all kinds of options. Throw the ball away hit one of the Reed or Crowder or throw it away. Remember it is 1st down. At 39 sec's he still has options RUN CURT RUN or throw the ball away. At 40 sec's options are fewer now but he still can run to the right instead he did the unthinkable and chooses one of the worst option in this scenario.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 0.25 sec's KC quote "I should have run" absolutely Curt no time to make excuses when you shit in the bed.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC need to prove it to me. I issue a challenge to KC. Now he can say ok bring it on and I'l show you or he sit around and make excuses etc, which I don't think he will take that route any way b/c it proves you are a loser anyway. In the game of physiological warfare you are already defeated when you make excuses.making excuses.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of hearing this phrase of rebuild. Teams don't rebuild anymore... they plug and play. Dallas had two rookies in the most pivotal positions last year yet they never were in rebuild. Just because we suck on defense doesn't mean we are rebuilding... just means we suck on defense. Going into a 4th year with the same coach I think rebuild is an excuse.
sorry but we have been rebuilding for 3 years . the browns arent plugging and playing

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blaming the defense for the Dallas loss is just laughable. Didn't KC miss like 4 Open Wr's for Tds? Plus threw an INT in the endzone to at least go up by 6 points. Are you frigin serious dude? I will give you Cincy, and Detroit. The Ari game KC threw a huge pick in the 4th qtr. A 3 point lead in the 4th qtr is not a big lead at all.

Now the games that the defense has won for us this year. Giants, Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Vikings. 5 out of the 8 wins. That is more than half. Im not saying they were great but they stepped up in these games when KC couldn't close it out.

bottom line here was that KC did not carry this team to all of the 8 wins. If he did it would of have been a different story.

NYG...The defense gave up 27 points and you think they won it for us?

Browns...we scored 31 points. The defense did their job but so did the offense.

Ravens...yes the defense did it.

Eagles...which time? We scored 27 in both games. Defense mostly did their job in both. Eagles scored 20 plus in both.

Vikings...again...offense scored 26. They did their job. Defense mostly did theirs at 20.

You mention KC not being able to close it out but isn't having a lead in the 4th and losing meaning the defense couldn't close it out?

This is your hypocrisy and it pisses everybody off and shows your stupidity.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG...The defense gave up 27 points and you think they won it for us?

Browns...we scored 31 points. The defense did their job but so did the offense.

Ravens...yes the defense did it.

Eagles...which time? We scored 27 in both games. Defense mostly did their job in both. Eagles scored 20 plus in both.

Vikings...again...offense scored 26. They did their job. Defense mostly did theirs at 20.

You mention KC not being able to close it out but isn't having a lead in the 4th and losing meaning the defense couldn't close it out?

This is your hypocrisy and it pisses everybody off and shows your stupidity.

the only one who is stupid is you. Watch the games jerky. A 4th qtr lead of 3 points with 12 min remaining means shit. The NYG, Browns, Eagles 2nd game, and Vikings were GAME WINNING INT's or Sacks.

Stop looking at the stat sheets and watch the games. Game changing defensive plays made those games wins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only one who is stupid is you. Watch the games jerky. A 4th qtr lead of 3 points with 12 min remaining means shit. The NYG, Browns, Eagles 2nd game, and Vikings were GAME WINNING INT's or Sacks.

Stop looking at the stat sheets and watch the games. Game changing defensive plays made those games wins.
wow so after the offense puts the other team in a must pass situation and the other team makes a mistake its the defense that won it ?

dean you are really just reaching . the offense got us those leads and the defense needs to do theres

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow so after the offense puts the other team in a must pass situation and the other team makes a mistake its the defense that won it ?

dean you are really just reaching . the offense got us those leads and the defense needs to do theres

not the point. The opponents are on game winning drives and our defense stopped them. Why did Dustin Hopkins at one time lead the league in FGA? Its a fact that we couldn't put teams away and the defense had to step up big time to secure these wins. You guys don't recognize this at all. That is a shame

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the point. The opponents are on game winning drives and our defense stopped them. Why did Dustin Hopkins at one time lead the league in FGA? Its a fact that we couldn't put teams away and the defense had to step up big time to secure these wins. You guys don't recognize this at all. That is a shame
So let me get this straight. You are now saying that the defense was the better unit and the offense held the defense back? The defense was the reason we won many of the games we did? Holy crap. You will say anything, won't you?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. You are now saying that the defense was the better unit and the offense held the defense back? The defense was the reason we won many of the games we did? Holy crap. You will say anything, won't you?

Not at all. Im saying our defense won some games for us last year. The way you guys talk they were the worst in the league. You just look at stats and not looking at the games.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Im saying our defense won some games for us last year. The way you guys talk they were the worst in the league. You just look at stats and not looking at the games.
Dean. They WERE among the worst in the league last year. Everyone, but you, knows this as fact. They could rarely stop anyone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean. They WERE among the worst in the league last year. Everyone, but you, knows this as fact. They could rarely stop anyone.

not arguing that at all. But you cant argue they didn't win any games for us last year b/c they did.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would the skins record be if we beat the lions and bengals no doubt we are a play off teams fix redzone check try to stop the run ilb brown 2 dlineman run stoppers plus a rookie check this team is sick its all up to play calling can gruden call better plays then mcvay? no doubt dline will play better with tomsula

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you are but what am I? Seriously? You go there.

NYG...the defense gave up over 400 yards and allowed 27 points. They got a fortunate INT to help make up for their poor performance up to that point.

Browns...Cleveland averaged 16 ppg and 311 yards. We gave up 380 yards and 20 points. We were much worse than most teams against them. We scored 31 points and your dumb ass thinks the defense won that game.

PHI...they got their average points and far surpassed their average yards. Our offense scored 27 points. That is the purpose of the offense.

You keep making it out like big time plays at the game is all that matter. The first 59 minutes don't count?

Dallas...I do put that on KC. We didn't score in the fourth quarter; however, the defense did blow a 4th quarter lead.

NYG...why don't you give KC credit for leading a 4th quarter game winning drive? The NYG had just under 2 minutes on that drive. You are a hypocrite.

Detroit...KC not only led a game winning TD drive but the defense gave up a game losing TD drive in 1:05. I cant remember any teams doing that shit.

Cincinnati...KC put us up in the 4th, the defense lost the lead, and KC tied it up. Would have been another win had Hopkins not sucked.

Vikings...KC led two game winning FG drives.

Dallas...offense scored 20 points in the 4th. Now if only the defense hadn't given up 14.

Arizona...the offense didn't play well but they had a lead in the 4th. The defense gave up 14 points in the 4th. Even if they had only given up a TD in the 4th, we could have kicked a game winning FG on that last drive. I agree a 3 point lead going into the 4th is not a lot; however, giving up 2 TDs is horrid.

PHI...KC led a game winning TD drive and gave PHI just under 2 minutes. Had KC been Brady in that scenario you would drop to your knees to blow him.

Again, this is why you are a hypocrite.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are but what am I? Seriously? You go there.

NYG...the defense gave up over 400 yards and allowed 27 points. They got a fortunate INT to help make up for their poor performance up to that point.

Browns...Cleveland averaged 16 ppg and 311 yards. We gave up 380 yards and 20 points. We were much worse than most teams against them. We scored 31 points and your dumb ass thinks the defense won that game.

PHI...they got their average points and far surpassed their average yards. Our offense scored 27 points. That is the purpose of the offense.

You keep making it out like big time plays at the game is all that matter. The first 59 minutes don't count?

Dallas...I do put that on KC. We didn't score in the fourth quarter; however, the defense did blow a 4th quarter lead.

NYG...why don't you give KC credit for leading a 4th quarter game winning drive? The NYG had just under 2 minutes on that drive. You are a hypocrite.

Detroit...KC not only led a game winning TD drive but the defense gave up a game losing TD drive in 1:05. I cant remember any teams doing that shit.

Cincinnati...KC put us up in the 4th, the defense lost the lead, and KC tied it up. Would have been another win had Hopkins not sucked.

Vikings...KC led two game winning FG drives.

Dallas...offense scored 20 points in the 4th. Now if only the defense hadn't given up 14.

Arizona...the offense didn't play well but they had a lead in the 4th. The defense gave up 14 points in the 4th. Even if they had only given up a TD in the 4th, we could have kicked a game winning FG on that last drive. I agree a 3 point lead going into the 4th is not a lot; however, giving up 2 TDs is horrid.

PHI...KC led a game winning TD drive and gave PHI just under 2 minutes. Had KC been Brady in that scenario you would drop to your knees to blow him.

Again, this is why you are a hypocrite.

Normans INT didn't mean anything in the Cle game? lol. Forget it dude. You can recite all the stats you want. Kc leading us to Fg's doesn't impress me when the defense has to come back out on the field and win the game for us. No hypocrite just watch the games. It was said 100 times on this board right after the game the defense won it.