• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I mean, just admit you dont want Kirk as our long term QB under any circumstance. Its ok Dean, no one will think less of you. And some might actually find your admission admirable.

I don't feel that way. Why wouldn't anyone want to see him play this year? You are saying well there is no one else so what the hell. that is the bullshit way of thinking.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel that way. Why wouldn't anyone want to see him play this year? You are saying well there is no one else so what the hell. that is the bullshit way of thinking.

IM saying we are better off signing him now and stop playing this baby I love you, but Im not ready to commit bullshit. Not because you are a bad QB, but because you are not elite, so Im willing to lose you because I might find an elite QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM saying we are better off signing him now and stop playing this baby I love you, but Im not ready to commit bullshit. Not because you are a bad QB, but because you are not elite, so Im willing to lose you because I might find an elite QB.

Why do you continue to call posters haters if they want to see how this year plays out? Everyone likes KC on here. IF we are not ready to commit long term YET why is that a problem? You cant say for a certainty that he will be gone in 2018 so why even comment?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you continue to call posters haters if they want to see how this year plays out? Everyone likes KC on here. IF we are not ready to commit long term YET why is that a problem? You cant say for a certainty that he will be gone in 2018 so why even comment?

Because the whole lets see how this year plays ourt is the same bullshit line that many of you have been spouting the last two years. At some point this team and fan base needs to either shit or get off the pot. The reason its a problem is, every time Kirk performs well, his price goes up. And at some point he is going to get tired of having to prove himself only to have the level of proof required changed.

You cant say for certain even if he wins it all that he will be back for more than the 2018 season. And he might not even be back for that season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the whole lets see how this year plays ourt is the same bullshit line that many of you have been spouting the last two years. At some point this team and fan base needs to either shit or get off the pot. The reason its a problem is, every time Kirk performs well, his price goes up. And at some point he is going to get tired of having to prove himself only to have the level of proof required changed.

You cant say for certain even if he wins it all that he will be back for more than the 2018 season. And he might not even be back for that season.

I and many on here don't care about the money if he is winning. A lot of people supported the tag on here last year. Some posters on here have more questions than answers about giving KC a LTD right now. There is nothing wrong with that. Doesn't have to win the Super Bowl, just a playoff win would convince everyone.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I and many on here don't care about the money if he is winning. A lot of people supported the tag on here last year. Some posters on here have more questions than answers about giving KC a LTD right now. There is nothing wrong with that. Doesn't have to win the Super Bowl, just a playoff win would convince everyone.

And that right there is the problem. You are willing to go backwards unless Kirk single handedly is the reason we win. Thats dumb as fuck considering we have had the worst defense in the division, and a bottom five defense in the league going on 7 years now. You shouldnt care about the money period, because its NOT your money. But its a nice excuse when you really would just rather have some one different. And apparently it doesnt matter who that some one is considering the fact that we have no idea how the QB class for 2018 will shake out, or even IF we will be able to get one of these Gods of the gridiron in any case.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that right there is the problem. You are willing to go backwards unless Kirk single handedly is the reason we win. Thats dumb as fuck considering we have had the worst defense in the division, and a bottom five defense in the league going on 7 years now. You shouldnt care about the money period, because its NOT your money. But its a nice excuse when you really would just rather have some one different. And apparently it doesnt matter who that some one is considering the fact that we have no idea how the QB class for 2018 will shake out, or even IF we will be able to get one of these Gods of the gridiron in any case.

backwards? There you go speculating again. Winning is the most important thing. Im not satisfied with 9-7 or 8-7-1. If I am going to pay top dollar I need to see more. I hope KC gets us there but this team is not done if he doesn't. Dr. Doom.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
backwards? There you go speculating again. Winning is the most important thing. Im not satisfied with 9-7 or 8-7-1. If I am going to pay top dollar I need to see more. I hope KC gets us there but this team is not done if he doesn't. Dr. Doom.

There you go using the money as an excuse again. 9-7 and improving the roster is a fuckton better than dropping 2,3 or 4 draft picks on a rookie QB. And I suspect thats your real hangup. If we sign Kirk long term now, it will take us out of the trade up for a rookie QB market next year. Because if we finish 9-7 again and Kirk is on a long term deal, then a trade up for a rookie is off the table.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go using the money as an excuse again. 9-7 and improving the roster is a fuckton better than dropping 2,3 or 4 draft picks on a rookie QB. And I suspect thats your real hangup. If we sign Kirk long term now, it will take us out of the trade up for a rookie QB market next year. Because if we finish 9-7 again and Kirk is on a long term deal, then a trade up for a rookie is off the table.

I agree. You really think KC contract demands are not at a all time high right now?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You really think KC contract demands are not at a all time high right now?

IM sure they are... and I could care less. Pay the man. In your words write him the blank fucking check. We could have avoided this. Dragging it out is pointless.

But you know Dean, I hope they do make him play on the tag, because I expect he will have a similar season. And if for no other reason, it will be priceless to see you make excuses as to how we made the right move.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM sure they are... and I could care less. Pay the man. In your words write him the blank fucking check. We could have avoided this. Dragging it out is pointless.

But you know Dean, I hope they do make him play on the tag, because I expect he will have a similar season. And if for no other reason, it will be priceless to see you make excuses as to how we made the right move.

So if you want to give him a blank check for what we saw in the 2016 season that is your business. The deal is not happening. You know it and I know it. If it happens before 7/15 I would be shocked. If its over 25M a season I would be shocked. If it destroys the Luck contract I would be shocked. Lets move on here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you want to give him a blank check for what we saw in the 2016 season that is your business. The deal is not happening. You know it and I know it. If it happens before 7/15 I would be shocked. If its over 25M a season I would be shocked. If it destroys the Luck contract I would be shocked. Lets move on here.

You miss the point.

Its not my money. I dont care because I think signing him long term is better for the team moving forward than taking the real risk of doing something stupid in the draft yet again. If 2015-2016 is average Kirk, its a whole lot better than going through another three drafts with one first round draft pick. And honestly if this team fails this year, I think it will be more because once again the defense was shitty more than good, more so than the QB wasnt elite.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You miss the point.

Its not my money. I dont care because I think signing him long term is better for the team moving forward than taking the real risk of doing something stupid in the draft yet again. If 2015-2016 is average Kirk, its a whole lot better than going through another three drafts with one first round draft pick. And honestly if this team fails this year, I think it will be more because once again the defense was shitty more than good, more so than the QB wasnt elite.

That is your opinion. I think the defense steps up big time this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember. But they stepped up when it was for all the marbles. lol

Too bad they were shitty enough that they couldnt have stepped up sooner, then when it was for all the marbles it actually wouldnt have been for all the marbles. And if we are being technical, they actually DIDNT step up. Kirk threw the pick with the score 13-10 Giants and 1:10 left on the clock. Stepping up would have meant they actually got the ball back or fuck I dont know had a defensive score to bail their QB out after the all pro RT feed him to the wolves all day long. Funny how the defense stepped up in your opinion, and yet when we needed them ONE MORE TIME, then bent over and took it one last time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if we finish 9-7 again and Kirk is on a long term deal, then a trade up for a rookie is off the table.

Going 9-7, having an exciting offense, and no shot in hell at winning a Super Bowl title. Isn't a whole lot better or different than. Going 4-12/5-11, being a boring offense and no shot in hell at winning a Super Bowl title.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going 9-7, having an exciting offense, and no shot in hell at winning a Super Bowl title. Isn't a whole lot better or different than. Going 4-12/5-11, being a boring offense and no shot in hell at winning a Super Bowl title.

HOly shit.. we almost agree.

How every, going into next off season with a better than even chance of needing to draft a QB and thus not having that draft pick or picks to improve the rest of the roster is exactly how we got to where we are right now. I could care less if we are an exciting offense. Im more concerned with getting off the chase for an elite QB, even if only for 2-3 years. So we can actually I dont know, continue to improve the defense, O-line and other areas.

And if the defense is as improved as some people think, shouldnt we actually finish better than 9-7?? If you dont MAKE the playoffs, you got no shot at a Lombardi. And if you are constantly chasing the elite, you aint making the playoffs if you aint figured that out yet homes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember. But they stepped up when it was for all the marbles. lol
yeah what happened in london ? what happened vs detroit , those marbles cost us a playoff spot

and in 2015 , 4 straight games of marbles won , which you conveniently forget