• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normans INT didn't mean anything in the Cle game? lol. Forget it dude. You can recite all the stats you want. Kc leading us to Fg's doesn't impress me when the defense has to come back out on the field and win the game for us. No hypocrite just watch the games. It was said 100 times on this board right after the game the defense won it.

So you go back to one game of all those I list, and your argument is some people on here said the defense won it? Wow...stupidity is strong with you.

We scored 31 points...Cleveland gave up 28ppg. The offense did their job.

Cleveland scored 20 points...they scored only 16 ppg.

The offense was on fire from the beginning but that same defense let Cleveland back into the game giving up 17 points in the 2nd quarter. Give it up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you go back to one game of all those I list, and your argument is some people on here said the defense won it? Wow...stupidity is strong with you.

We scored 31 points...Cleveland gave up 28ppg. The offense did their job.

Cleveland scored 20 points...they scored only 16 ppg.

The offense was on fire from the beginning but that same defense let Cleveland back into the game giving up 17 points in the 2nd quarter. Give it up.

Im not going thru every example. You are a stat guy and have no clue how games our won on the field. Forget it.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a stretch of games last year where the defense stepped it up but they could hardly sustain it. It was an anomaly. Redskins defense sucked so bad they spent their first three picks this year on defense. For a unit that won us so many games last year this seems hardly the normal practice. Dude, you remind me of Bananman,,, just reaching for reaction. You can't possibly be putting the onus on the offense for failing to make it too the playoffs. My sides are splinting,, please stop.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going thru every example. You are a stat guy and have no clue how games our won on the field. Forget it.

You may be right. Apparently, according to you, games are won and lost by one five second play.

I am silly and believe games are won and lost over 60 minutes.

You win. I only hope to be as smart as your dumb ass one day.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Dean, stop. You have really gone too far. What credibility you have left is quickly going out the window with this argument. If our defense could have played just mediocre, we would have easily been in the playoffs and your obsession with the Giants game would have been a moot point. This is what I mean when you dont see the larger picture.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Dean, stop. You have really gone too far. What credibility you have left is quickly going out the window with this argument. If our defense could have played just mediocre, we would have easily been in the playoffs and your obsession with the Giants game would have been a moot point. This is what I mean when you dont see the larger picture.

I know the defense stunk as a unit. Just pointing out they won some games for us last year. You guys get all bent out of shape. Of course the defense needed to be upgraded. Im not denying that at all.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the defense stunk as a unit. Just pointing out they won some games for us last year. You guys get all bent out of shape. Of course the defense needed to be upgraded. Im not denying that at all.

The only game they won for us was Baltimore. We only scored 16 points in a victory. That is a defensive win.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the point. The opponents are on game winning drives and our defense stopped them. Why did Dustin Hopkins at one time lead the league in FGA? Its a fact that we couldn't put teams away and the defense had to step up big time to secure these wins. You guys don't recognize this at all. That is a shame
the 28th ranked defense that couldnt stop anybody on 3rd down you mean i am sorry i am not buying your load of crap

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad... I dont think thats a proposal either side has made, thats just something the guys at Spotrac whipped up to show how a deal COULD be done to fit into the ball park where both sides could agree to play.
all those numbers are rumors from the local beat writers . i wouldnt swear to them, however those are numbers

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The KC camp should and would laugh. That is what he should have got last season. There is no way I would take less than 50 million guaranteed because he already has nearly 25 million guaranteed this season. He would probably laugh off up to 22 mil a season...

And he should.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if I was McCartney I would laugh until I pissed myself at that contract.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The KC camp should and would laugh. That is what he should have got last season. There is no way I would take less than 50 million guaranteed because he already has nearly 25 million guaranteed this season. He would probably laugh off up to 22 mil a season...

And he should.

So....once again. Anything short of .... rather, not exceeding the Luck contract and it's an insult.
For a guy who isn't "all about the money" that 45 million guaranteed is a slap in the face. Lol. So much for taking a more than fair deal. Oh...that's right. We hurt his feelings so we should give him more just out of principle. Lmao.

Starting to hope we just go ahead and pay the guy. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope he is the next Drew Brees/Russell Wilson and not the next Tony Romo/Alex Smith (sitting here 3-4 years from now starting over...again).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....once again. Anything short of .... rather, not exceeding the Luck contract and it's an insult.
For a guy who isn't "all about the money" that 45 million guaranteed is a slap in the face. Lol. So much for taking a more than fair deal. Oh...that's right. We hurt his feelings so we should give him more just out of principle. Lmao.

Starting to hope we just go ahead and pay the guy. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope he is the next Drew Brees/Russell Wilson and not the next Tony Romo/Alex Smith (sitting here 3-4 years from now starting over...again).

Show the man a FAIR long term deal, or quit bitching. Even the numbers Skinsdad just posted are laughable because its really a one year deal with buy in options every March. Meaning the Skins could simply take a small cap hit and release him after one year. And yea, when the ACTUAL guaranteed money on that deal comes out to be half what Luck got, and less than what Oswieler got.... yea he should say I will take my $24M and lets see what happens.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show the man a FAIR long term deal, or quit bitching. Even the numbers Skinsdad just posted are laughable because its really a one year deal with buy in options every March. Meaning the Skins could simply take a small cap hit and release him after one year. And yea, when the ACTUAL guaranteed money on that deal comes out to be half what Luck got, and less than what Oswieler got.... yea he should say I will take my $24M and lets see what happens.

So... why is this so different from Lucks contract?? Serious question since I am far from a contract guru. Only thing I see different is that Lucks third year is fully guaranteed and Kirks is for the first 2 years. If KC is here in year 3 he gets that money and it's a non issue. Other than that the money and everything would look very similar. If Kirk is so sure of himself he will play it out and still get paid like a mofo. If he shots the bed...we have some outs. Sure it's a risk on his part not having that 3rd year fully 100% guaranteed. But no more of a risk as playing again in a 1 year deal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... why is this so different from Lucks contract?? Serious question since I am far from a contract guru. Only thing I see different is that Lucks third year is fully guaranteed and Kirks is for the first 2 years. If KC is here in year 3 he gets that money and it's a non issue. Other than that year the money and everything looks very similar. If Kirk is so sure of himself he will play it out and still get paid like a mofo. If he shots the bed...we have some outs. Sure it's a risk on his part not having that 3rd year fully 100% guaranteed. But no more of a risk playing again in a 1 year deal.

Actually its vastly different from the Luck contract, and miles below that value point. Luck got $47M fully guaranteed at signing, with a guaranteed base salary in year two.

The Numbers in this contract would give Kirk a full guarantee of $27M at signing, year two salary is non guaranteed, and if the Skins decided to cut Kirk in year two, he would have made $27M on the deal total, and as year two base salary has no guarantee, nothing would be there to prevent the Skins from cutting him. Now sure if a guy sucks ass then the team should be able to cut them. But reality is, if the team finishes 9-7 again I could see them deciding to cut Kirk on a deal like this.

At the end of the day, would you take 30% less that what your current job is paying, AND give your current employer all the leverage??

Its rather obvious, Kirk is not your type of QB. I get that. But seriously, if you put yourself in his situation, you would have the same idea as to whats a fair deal... and this aint it.

Now if they fully guaranteed the year two base, and half the year three Base, I think thats a fair deal. But any deal where the Skins can basically walk away in 2018 and only paid Kirk $3M more than he would get for playing on the tag now.... deal breaker.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we so convinced that a top 85 player 2 years in a row is going to crap the bed ? risk is risk but you dont get a reward without grabbing your nut sack and taking one

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually its vastly different from the

Its rather obvious, Kirk is not your type of QB. I get that. But seriously, if you put yourself in his situation, you would have the same idea as to whats a fair deal... and this aint it.

Now if they fully guaranteed the year two base, and half the year three Base, I think thats a fair deal. But any deal where the Skins can basically walk away in 2018 and only paid Kirk $3M more than he would get for playing on the tag now.... deal breaker.

Ok. Maybe we are misunderstanding one another Shark. My response to gk was more in line with his "$50 mill plus comment" and this portion of the article.

The problem could be fixed by fully guaranteeing all of Cousins’ 2018 salary at signing. That would keep the cap hit the same at $21 million while increasing the fully guaranteed money to $45 million. If that’s not enough for the Cousins camp they could guarantee all or part of the 2019 salary and bring the full guarantee as high as $66 million. That is a fairly low-risk guarantee for the Redskins; if they aren’t going to stick with him for at least three years they probably should just let him walk after this season.

See, I feel like guaranteeing 2017-2018 would be plenty fair. I guess we will agree to disagree. And once again, my type of QB is the one that gets us to the playoffs consistently AND wins playoff games. I'm just not all-in on KC yet like some of you are. He still needs to convince me (and plenty others) that he is a franchise QB that can carry this team for the next 6-8 years.