• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. There are a bunch of things to factor in. Forget it.
Well, what else do you factor in? You suggested that if KC gets "outplayed" by Wentz and/or Goff (and then defined it) in either of those 2 games then he must not be as good and not deserving of a big contract. But then it should work both ways, right? If he outplays an elite QB, then does he deserve an elite contract?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what else do you factor in? You suggested that if KC gets "outplayed" by Wentz and/or Goff (and then defined it) in either of those 2 games then he must not be as good and not deserving of a big contract. But then it should work both ways, right? If he outplays an elite QB, then does he deserve an elite contract?

im not getting into that now. but if we go 0-2 to start of the season I am going to be very pissed.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not getting into that now. but if we go 0-2 to start of the season I am going to be very pissed.
LOL. Dean, we will all be pissed. But if we do start 0-2, that doesn't necessarily mean its KC's fault. This is a team game. I'll go out on a limb and say that Tom Brady could not have overcome our piss poor defense last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Dean, we will all be pissed. But if we do start 0-2, that doesn't necessarily mean its KC's fault. This is a team game. I'll go out on a limb and say that Tom Brady could not have overcome our piss poor defense last year.

now that is crazy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think that Tom Brady could have won it all if he was QB of the Redskins in 2016?

not won it all but he would of won the Giants game to put us in.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not won it all but he would of won the Giants game to put us in.
OK. But I've already shown to you that KC played well enough that we should have been in the playoffs if not for our defense and FG kicker. But if you don't win it all, then what does it matter. There is one SB winner and 31 losers at the end of the season. In 2 years, no one will care that Dallas went 13-3. No one (except dallas fans) will even remember. The goal is to win it all.

You are hung up on one game. so much so that you can't see the bigger picture of what is really holding this team back.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, those of us who feel the team is better off with Cousins, dont care about the contract numbers. Because the cap always gets worked out.

Those who want something other than Kirk, dont care what it is and use the contract as the primary reason to go in a different direction... unless Kirk becomes elite this year that is, then he might be ok.

Don't start down-playing the immature and righteous indignation, which manifests itself into a case of severe butt-hurt, now, homey.

Kirk could bring us world piece, a Lombardi Trophy, and be the league and SB MVP and he still wouldn't be shit. It was all the talent around him..........................................stick with that vibe,

Sharkinva said:
I think alot of the doubt has to do with the fact that this ISNT the guy alot of people wanted to be here with. Its kind of like old school republicans who never really wanted to give Obama a chance. They never wanted him to be the Pres, so they constantly looked for reasons to say... see.. him getting the job was a mistake. If Kirk cant bring world piece and a Lombardi, some will constantly point out any mistake as the reason we never should have made him the starter. And the funny part is, there will be those that even if we fuck around and win a Lombardi this year with Kirk being League and Super Bowl MVP.... the reply would be, oh he aint shit... any one could have done it with the amount of talent we put around Kirk.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. But I've already shown to you that KC played well enough that we should have been in the playoffs if not for our defense and FG kicker. But if you don't win it all, then what does it matter. There is one SB winner and 31 losers at the end of the season. In 2 years, no one will care that Dallas went 13-3. No one (except dallas fans) will even remember. The goal is to win it all.

You are hung up on one game. so much so that you can't see the bigger picture of what is really holding this team back.

True the Giants game still bothers me. I just think we can still get him back if we don't give him a LTD this year. I would hate to give him the deal then he stinks this year. Im looking at overall risk

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True the Giants game still bothers me. I just think we can still get him back if we don't give him a LTD this year. I would hate to give him the deal then he stinks this year. Im looking at overall risk
First, we would all hate that. Second, if we don't sign him long term and he plays as well as he has, or better, the last 2 years, he is gone. He will have 5 teams bidding for his service and he will have his pick. We won't be one of them. Why come back to a team that disrespected you and treated you like a 2nd class citizen when there are others that view you as a savior? No way he comes back to work for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. Would you want your career resting in their hands if you could avoid it?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, we would all hate that. Second, if we don't sign him long term and he plays as well as he has, or better, the last 2 years, he is gone. He will have 5 teams bidding for his service and he will have his pick. We won't be one of them. Why come back to a team that disrespected you and treated you like a 2nd class citizen when there are others that view you as a savior? No way he comes back to work for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. Would you want your career resting in their hands if you could avoid it?

I disagree. I think KC likes Gruden

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why come back to a team that disrespected you and treated you like a 2nd class citizen when there are others that view you as a savior? No way he comes back to work for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. Would you want your career resting in their hands if you could avoid it?

You are right gk. If he lights it up and garners a lot of interest, he may not come back. but it will likely be for money. I can't believe that he would leave because he is pissed because he didn't get a LTD for the $$$ AND conditions EXACTLY WHEN he wanted it. Under that scenario he would have gotten $45 millions for a couple good years of work and as dean said, played himself into a big payday. If he does all of that, gets us into the playoffs, then we will likely offer him a big $$$ deal.

Now...if all of that comes into fruition and he still walks for an equal or slightly less deal to another (likely inferior) team. Then I would say he is acting like a thin skinned little bitch and he can kick rocks... good riddance. I wouldn't want someone on my team like that. Hope he enjoys a miserable (albeit lucrative) career with the Browns, Jets, Niners, or some other shitty team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right gk. If he lights it up and garners a lot of interest, he may not come back. but it will likely be for money. I can't believe that he would leave because he is pissed because he didn't get a LTD for the $$$ AND conditions EXACTLY WHEN he wanted it. By that time he would have gotten $45 millions n for. Couple of good years of work and as dean said, played himself into a big payday. If he does all of that, gets us into the playoffs, then we will likely offer him a big $$$ deal.

Now...if all of that comes into fruition and he still walks for an equal or slightly less deal to another (likely inferior) team. Then I would say he is acting like a thin skinned little bitch and he can kick rocks... good riddance. I wouldn't want someone on my team like that.
I assume you were directing this to me. Actually, KC will not decide his next step based on money. He will get paid wherever he goes. What's the difference between $120M and $125M at that point? Its more than he or his kids or his grandkids will ever spend. No, his decision on who he plays for is all about who shows him the love in other areas and who he feels most comfortable with. And that ain't gonna be with Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen if he has other choices even if they offered him the most. Seriously, would you work for them if you had other options???

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right gk. If he lights it up and garners a lot of interest, he may not come back. but it will likely be for money. I can't believe that he would leave because he is pissed because he didn't get a LTD for the $$$ AND conditions EXACTLY WHEN he wanted it. Under that scenario he would have gotten $45 millions for a couple good years of work and as dean said, played himself into a big payday. If he does all of that, gets us into the playoffs, then we will likely offer him a big $$$ deal.

Now...if all of that comes into fruition and he still walks for an equal or slightly less deal to another (likely inferior) team. Then I would say he is acting like a thin skinned little bitch and he can kick rocks... good riddance. I wouldn't want someone on my team like that. Hope he enjoys a miserable (albeit lucrative) career with the Browns, Jets, Niners, or some other shitty team.
Or the Steelers, Saints Giants, or maybe even New England. Brady is going to be 40 real soon.

Last edited:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you were directing this to me. Actually, KC will not decide his next step based on money. He will get paid wherever he goes. What's the difference between $120M and $125M at that point? Its more than he or his kids or his grandkids will ever spend. No, his decision on who he plays for is all about who shows him the love in other areas and who he feels most comfortable with. And that ain't gonna be with Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen if he has other choices even if they offered him the most. Seriously, would you work for them if you had other options???

Yes it was jy.

So let me get this straight, he needs to get a huge contract AND have the entire FO and coaching staff suck his ass and tell him how great he his. That they absolutely love him. :hug:Gimme a break. It's a business. KCs bank account says he hasn't been dissed.

Don't get me wrong.. we all like to feel appreciated and respected in our workplace. But at the end of the day, I am going with a winning/good company (team in this case) that pays me very very well with a good enough director (Snyder/Allen) that I rarely see, a great supervisor (JG) OVER a shitty company that I have bringbup from the ashes/going nowhere fast, that pays me equal to my current job, to work with my buddy. Just my preference. Maybe not KCs??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was jy.

So let me get this straight, he needs to get a huge contract AND have the entire FO and coaching staff suck his ass and tell him how great he his. That they absolutely love him. :hug:Gimme a break. It's a business. KCs bank account says he hasn't been dissed.

Don't get me wrong.. we all like to feel appreciated and respected in our workplace. But at the end of the day, I am going with a winning/good company (team in this case) that pays me very very well with a good enough director (Snyder/Allen) that I rarely see, a great supervisor (JG) over a shitty company that's going nowhere fast, that pays me equal to my current job, to work with my buddy. Just my preference. Maybe not KCs??
Yup. You've got it straight. Its not about money. He will have more money than God (Forrest Gump). That will not be the final decision point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't start down-playing the immature and righteous indignation, which manifests itself into a case of severe butt-hurt, now, homey.

Kirk could bring us world piece, a Lombardi Trophy, and be the league and SB MVP and he still wouldn't be shit. It was all the talent around him..........................................stick with that vibe,

Like I said, it comes down to one simple question. Either you think Kirk is the best thing for this team going forward in which case, you are not really worried about how much of Dans money he gets, because the cap always works itself out. And the Cap is supposed to be Bruces strong point, so if he is as good as people claim, he can make it work.

Or you think, any one could come in and do as well or better than Kirk.

Pretty sure I know where you stand.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how you feel the need to correct others, when no correction is necessary, when they talk in terms of KC struggling/falling short. You want it to read the team struggled/fell short. So why are those 4 wins Kirk's wins now? How come their not team wins?

And its not like the Skins came on like gangbusters and thumped the Seahawks, Pats, Broncos, and Carolina those last 4 weeks of 2015. They beat the 6-10 Bears, 8-8 Bills, 7-9 Eagles and 4-12 Cowboys. That's a combined 25 wins 39 losses.
i feel the need to remind you that all were big games and yes all should be team wins , yet you dont see it that way its all KC's fault