• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. If KC plays lights out this season, Danny wont let him leave. He will pay anything to let KC stay here. That is not the issue at all. The 2018 QB draft class is a factor if we are a 5 to 7 win team this year. Even if we don't get KC on a LTD this year we still have control over him next year. So why sign him now?

Its insurance if KC fails this year. We wont have to give up much in the draft b/c they could be 5 first round QB's in the draft in 2018. So if KC succeeds this year you sign him to a LTD. If he fails you look to the draft and save huge money. Its a win-win situation.

Dan Snyder has no say in the matter. Would you work for a person that has disrespected you or go another employer that offers a similar, maybe even less salary?

We won't tag him at 35 million next season. That would be asinine.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making my point better than I was. Almost every football evaluator outside of Skins would rate Detroit's QB on the same level or higher than Cousins - most of them higher. He's been Cousins for 6 years instead of 2, and what's Detroit's record been with him at the helm?

For six years people complained about Stafford, afraid he was overpaid. Now this season, they praised him. Maybe we should keep our good QB and eventually some on here will stop bitching.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been willing to say good riddance for the last 4 months though.. so whats your point?? Again you think its principles for the team, but all about the money where the player is concerned. Double standard much??

Also I love how you say.. well if he wins he will get paid. Never addressing, what if he has another good year but the defense continues to suck. Should he again be considered not good enough because the team didnt make the playoffs??

Why do I bother, I know your line of thinking, if the team does well its because we put so much talent around Kirk. If the team falters, its all Kirks fault.

you are just looking at the stats. watch the games.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, an 0-4/1-3 start would be a bitch, but might not be Kirk's or the offense's fault. Its possible KC leads a hellified offense in the first 4 games, but due to no fault of his own. The Skins are 1-3. That doesn't mean the season is over or Kirk's not the one.

Its almost impossible to say if the Skins lose this game or win that game it means whatever.....Especially after only 4 weeks into the season. I suspect the NFC East is gonna be a dog-fight as on paper everyone improved I believe.

im saying if he gets outplayed by Goff or Wentz.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what KC is asking for wrt guaranteed money, so you can't really talk about the cap and what affect it would have on it.

I don't want to hear about what we paid him last year on a tag
and what we might pay him this year on the tag. It's not relevant to the conversation...which brings me to something else..

Some of you hem and haw about the guaranteed money we would have paid him last year and this possibly this year as in the ball park of 45 million? That it was a total waste. Well that number is a little misleading because we would paying him something for his services anyhow. Let's say we had him under contract and last year and this year we paid him a total of 37-38 million. So....by my count, we are paying him an extra 8ish million over the last couple of years to further vet him and be able to cut him loose with no consequence or recourse should he get injured or shit the bed and turn into Fitzpatrick 2.0.

Serious question... What's wrong with that approach? From a business standpoint and risk standpoint, I think Dan and Bruce have been smart about this.

The problem is what you don't spend in the cap, carries over. That is another 8 million dollars available next year on the cap which would more than cover the salary increase of KC.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Snyder has no say in the matter. Would you work for a person that has disrespected you or go another employer that offers a similar, maybe even less salary?

We won't tag him at 35 million next season. That would be asinine.

Of course he does.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, what is your definition of getting outplayed by either of these guys?

More td's than Ints. better completion %. Winning the game. what does outplayed mean to you?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like he did in 2015 ? oh wait he had 4 straight wins to get us in

Interesting how you feel the need to correct others, when no correction is necessary, when they talk in terms of KC struggling/falling short. You want it to read the team struggled/fell short. So why are those 4 wins Kirk's wins now? How come their not team wins?

And its not like the Skins came on like gangbusters and thumped the Seahawks, Pats, Broncos, and Carolina those last 4 weeks of 2015. They beat the 6-10 Bears, 8-8 Bills, 7-9 Eagles and 4-12 Cowboys. That's a combined 25 wins 39 losses.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how you feel the need to correct others, when no correction is necessary, when they talk in terms of KC struggling/falling short. You want it to read the team struggled/fell short. So why are those 4 wins Kirk's wins now? How come their not team wins?

And its not like the Skins came on like gangbusters and thumped the Seahawks, Pats, Broncos, and Carolina those last 4 weeks of 2015. They beat the 6-10 Bears, 8-8 Bills, 7-9 Eagles and 4-12 Cowboys. That's a combined 25 wins 39 losses.

its funny how skinsdad doesn't mention that KC beat average teams at best.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More td's than Ints. better completion %. Winning the game. what does outplayed mean to you?
Other than winning the game, the rest are just stats. They don't matter, right? That is what you suggested a few posts ago....

And we all know that a QB can play great and put his team in a lock position to win the game only to see the defense fail in less than a minute or the FG kicker miss a chip shot turning a sure win into a loss, correct? So even winning the game doesn't itself mean the losing QB was outplayed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than winning the game, the rest are just stats. They don't matter, right? That is what you suggested a few posts ago....

And we all know that a QB can play great and put his team in a lock position to win the game only to see the defense fail in less than a minute or the FG kicker miss a chip shot turning a sure win into a loss, correct? So even winning the game doesn't itself mean the losing QB was outplayed.

I agree with that. It depends on the game. Every game is separate when you evaluate a QB. KC's overall stats look great but when you dissect game by game its a different story IMO.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jy19 do you have access to a luxury box this year? I remember you said you went.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jy19 do you have access to a luxury box this year? I remember you said you went.
Nope. I didn't go to one game last year. Wrong person.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. It depends on the game. Every game is separate when you evaluate a QB. KC's overall stats look great but when you dissect game by game its a different story IMO.
My point is that you can't evaluate any QB by one or two games. We should have been 10 -6 last year if not for our defense and FG kicker. We should have been in the playoffs. This whole picture of KC would be different.

IF we use just one game, then KC must be better than Aaron Rogers. For he outplayed him in that game. So does that make KC elite?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you can't evaluate any QB by one or two games. We should have been 10 -6 last year if not for our defense and FG kicker. We should have been in the playoffs. This whole picture of KC would be different.

IF we use just one game, then KC must be better than Aaron Rogers. For he outplayed him in that game. So does that make KC elite?

I meant single games against the Eagles and Rams. Not the whole season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant single games against the Eagles and Rams. Not the whole season.
SO then KC is better than Rogers? By your definition he must be.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO then KC is better than Rogers? By your definition he must be.

no. There are a bunch of things to factor in. Forget it.