• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't give a crap about the money that he gets or doesn't get, because if he's signed then it becomes a non issue. If he isn't signed then the real question becomes what's best for the team post Cousins. It's pointless to argue over what the salary should be for an average, slightly above average, well above average, top ten, or budding elite QB should be because it's been established that we all have different views on what he is and that's a big part of the problem.

Clearly, the organization has set the price that they are willing to pay for his services outside of the market. No amount of disagreement here will change that. Until or unless that changes, we all know where this is going to end.....with us looking for another average, slightly above average, well above average, top ten or budding elite replacement.

I do find it interesting that underneath all of the dickering over what he should be paid, the real disagreement is about his status and whether or not Kirk's individual talents warrant it, or has he benefitted from the system that fits a player like him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much knew I wasn't going to get an answer in X's and O's. :noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalemate! Seems no one is answering questions.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. But having this opinion gets you blasted on here for some reason. If you are not willing to give KC what he wants right now you are a called a KC hater. Its so untrue.

We don't want to give him what he wants. We want to give him a fair contract. What would you call a fair contract?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain in football terms ... that would be X's and O's why Cousin's can succeed in Gruden's offense but couldn't succeed in lets say the Patriot or Saints offense?

Went back to find this one, but it's an easy answer, he can, depending upon what you mean by succeed. Seeing that you want hard numbers 9-7 might be ok in N.O's but not 8-7-1. On the other hand neither would be tolerated in N.E. Of course, 9-7 and 8-7-1 here and people are doing back flips while simultaneously, proclaming this mediocre shit, by NFL standards, special. Well, it's not! !

For the record Cousins fits this offense far better than the other two, in N.O. he would have to become much moe creative in the pocket in buying time, something that he's not shown here thus far.
In N.E. his talents would have to become such that they alone makes lesser players better, you have a better chance of doing that than he does.

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love how people are dead set on the logic that Cousins is made so much better by the talent around him, and totally ignore the fact that the only differences between the 2014 offense and the 2015 offense were

Matt Jones, Brandon Scherff and Morgan Moses.

So if the offense was that talented, why did we finish bad enough to draft Scherff at #5??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love how people are dead set on the logic that Cousins is made so much better by the talent around him, and totally ignore the fact that the only differences between the 2014 offense and the 2015 offense were

Matt Jones, Brandon Scherff and Morgan Moses.

So if the offense was that talented, why did we finish bad enough to draft Scherff at #5??

It says a lot about Gruden's system than anything else, Griffin was a bad fit, but I'm getting ahead of the point, that being, how many were clamoring for Kirk under Shanhan after the implosions that he had when the opportunity was there for him?

I'm not intending to rehash the past, but there is no question that Kirk has benefitted from Gruden's system, which is one that takes advantage of his style of play. If he walks, can we replace him with equal talent or better?......Yep and it won't be as difficult as too many here are making it out to be. Dude is just not that special.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reported rumored 3 year deal was a low ball offer to KC. No lies here multiple posters are willing to pay whatever he wants b/c we have no other option. Allen and Co. are handling this thing perfectly. He is playing for us this year. Plus we hold his rights next year on the transition tag or just sign him long term as a FA. There is no downside IMO.

You are the one bashing Allen. That is not a lie or misrepresentation. Multiple postings and cartons bashing Allen. Now Sm and Allen were on the same page regarding KC and now you are back peddling.
Name them and back it up with direct quotes . The offer was made. Signing was going to happen and it was killed by Allen

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a lowball deal to KC. Basically the same thing you held the Redskins accountable for. No way was KC going to sign that deal. You blamed the Redskins for offering lowball deals but it was really SM. This is hilarious.
It wasn't a low ball deal at the time , now it is

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What tells me he doesn't deserve a huge contract I don't care what you label him franchise or whatever no good QB makes that dumb ass throw final game vs the Giants they were in field goal range and could of tied it going into over time all he had to do was protect the ball and not do anything stupid but he did it anyways and lost the game on a massively dumb interception

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What tells me he doesn't deserve a huge contract I don't care what you label him franchise or whatever no good QB makes that dumb ass throw final game vs the Giants they were in field goal range and could of tied it going into over time all he had to do was protect the ball and not do anything stupid but he did it anyways and lost the game on a massively dumb interception

You sure about that Hoss??

Manning’s late INT clinches Giants’ first loss

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name any qb who hasn't made a mistake in an important game , at the end or whatever.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We weren't in FG range. If he had taken the sack it would have been 2nd and 15 or so from near midfield.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't in FG range. If he had taken the sack it would have been 2nd and 15 or so from near midfield.

we were right there pretty close to being in field goal range all he had to do was there throw the damn ball away if he had nobody to throw to and he throws a dumb pass it was also 1st down and we had 2 timeouts hell take an intentional grounding if you had to

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were right there pretty close to being in field goal range all he had to do was there throw the damn ball away if he had nobody to throw to and he throws a dumb pass

I call bullshit. HAd he taken a sack, or thrown the ball away, and we still lost, some people would still be searching for a way to say Kirk was the reason we didnt make the playoffs. Not the numerous leads the defense gave away through out the season. Not the tie that should have been a win, we missed the playoffs because Kirk isnt an elite QB.

Like i have said, I think some of you guys are going to hope that he fails just so that we are in position to take it up the ass to try and trade up for Darnold or some other rookie.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were right there pretty close to being in field goal range all he had to do was there throw the damn ball away if he had nobody to throw to and he throws a dumb pass it was also 1st down and we had 2 timeouts hell take an intentional grounding if you had to

How could he throw the ball away? It was grounding or it was a sack. Follow me...either of those scenarios make it 2nd down. If it is grounding, it would have been 2nd and 20 from our own 47 or so. If he had taken a sack, it would be 2nd and 15ish from the 48. We needed another 15 yards for our 75% kicker to get a chance at a 52 yarder.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone actually expect to make the playoff on the strength of our defense? ANYONE? If you answered NO to this question then you know that the ONLY way that this team was going to qualify for the post-season was because of its offense. Well we didn't qualify, failure = offense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back to find this one, but it's an easy answer, he can, depending upon what you mean by succeed. Seeing that you want hard numbers 9-7 might be ok in N.O's but not 8-7-1. On the other hand neither would be tolerated in N.E. Of course, 9-7 and 8-7-1 here and people are doing back flips while simultaneously, proclaming this mediocre shit, by NFL standards, special. Well, it's not! !

For the record Cousins fits this offense far better than the other two, in N.O. he would have to become much moe creative in the pocket in buying time, something that he's not shown here thus far.
In N.E. his talents would have to become such that they alone makes lesser players better, you have a better chance of doing that than he does.

Still waiting for the X's and O's. You keep talking about systems but show me what he can and can't do that others can or can't. Otherwise all you have is conjecture. Show me why. We all have opinions, that is cool but hell explain why he works in Grudens system but not in others. :noidea: