• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for the X's and O's. You keep talking about systems but show me what he can and can't do that others can or can't. Otherwise all you have is conjecture. Show me why. We all have opinions, that is cool but hell explain why he works in Grudens system but not in others. :noidea:

Do your own homework, I really don't have the time nor inclination to teach you what you already claim to know.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do your own homework, I really don't have the time nor inclination to teach you what you already claim to know.

I have done the homework. Way before Cousin's was a QB here. I think it is you that is mystified, but we both knew that all along. :D You claim he is a system QB but have no clue what the system is. That's cool. I was just calling BS.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done the homework. Way before Cousin's was a QB here. I think it is you that is mystified, but we both knew that all along. :D You claim he is a system QB but have no clue what the system is. That's cool. I was just calling BS.

Call it whatever pleases you, makes no difference to me one way or the other. Interesting that when I call BS, that your only response is to return the same! Truth is, it is you who constantly reminds and wants to show your supposed knowledge of the game. Nobody's denying that you do have some experiences in one capacity or the other. Would love to have a sit down sometime and shoot the shit with you. It would be interesting to note your reaction upon the realization that you're not the only person on earth with playing or coaching experiences.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could he throw the ball away? It was grounding or it was a sack. Follow me...either of those scenarios make it 2nd down. If it is grounding, it would have been 2nd and 20 from our own 47 or so. If he had taken a sack, it would be 2nd and 15ish from the 48. We needed another 15 yards for our 75% kicker to get a chance at a 52 yarder.

we needed a field goal to tie the game take a sack,throw the ball away or an intentional grounding would have been way better then the moronic throw for an interception

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What tells me he doesn't deserve a huge contract I don't care what you label him franchise or whatever no good QB makes that dumb ass throw final game vs the Giants they were in field goal range and could of tied it going into over time all he had to do was protect the ball and not do anything stupid but he did it anyways and lost the game on a massively dumb interception
Every QB in the league has done that at one time or more. It happens.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we needed a field goal to tie the game take a sack,throw the ball away or an intentional grounding would have been way better then the moronic throw for an interception

Follow me...you play QB for a moment...

If you see an open guy, do you throw him the ball or take a sack? Not this one play but in general. If you don't throw the ball to people you believe are open, you lose football games.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again IM going to ask you guys, what on earth makes you think his price will go down? But apparently its smarter to give him $24M now, and think you can get him for less than the $35M it will cost to franchise him next year.

I don't think he comes cheaper next year,unless he fails like you said, and I don't want that. He lights it up, he gets even more next year. He craps the bed, we let him walk OR he probably gets next year what we could had given him this year. Its really a no win situation wrt the $$ we will have to give him. Thats why I say best case we sign him now...because he won't get cheaper. But obviously that would be rolling the dice. Looks like the Dan and the FO wants to make damn sure he is our guy and they are willing to roll the dice and pay him more if need be to make sure of that. I'm OK with that. Their money not mine. However, If he wanted to be a Redskin he would sign the deal we are offering him right now, he could probably get us up in the the 22-24 million a year range with much more guaranteed. But IMO he wants to milk us for every fucking dollar he can get. I hope if he plays this card he is sadly disappointed. I know he is trying to maximize his $$$, but its getting to a point where its ridiculous.

And maybe they could have offered him little better of a contract. But none of us know what KC is asking for or expecting. THAT is what I would love to know. The guy is calling foul on being lowballed, but what I think he really wants is to play on the tag so that he REALLY cashes in next year. We will see how it goes becoause I don't think a deal will be made before 7/15

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way. We have no other option on QB this season. Sign KC long term now and guarantee him his first 2 seasons plus his signing bonus of say 12 million for 6 years. That puts him at 60 million guaranteed.

Worst case, he doesn't play well this season, we draft a QB next draft, and we are not forced to play the rookie in 2018. He can learn from KC who we can't get rid of anyways because we guaranteed his 2018 salary. If we chose to cut KC after 2018 and play our rookie, we would only eat 8 million that could be spread over 4 years.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he comes cheaper next year,unless he fails like you said, and I don't want that. He lights it up, he gets even more next year. He craps the bed, we let him walk OR he probably gets next year what we could had given him this year. Its really a no win situation wrt the $$ we will have to give him. Thats why I say best case we sign him now...because he won't get cheaper. But obviously that would be rolling the dice. Looks like the Dan and the FO wants to make damn sure he is our guy and they are willing to roll the dice and pay him more if need be to make sure of that. I'm OK with that. Their money not mine. However, If he wanted to be a Redskin he would sign the deal we are offering him right now, he could probably get us up in the the 22-24 million a year range with much more guaranteed. But IMO he wants to milk us for every fucking dollar he can get. I hope if he plays this card he is sadly disappointed. I know he is trying to maximize his $$$, but its getting to a point where its ridiculous.

And maybe they could have offered him little better of a contract. But none of us know what KC is asking for or expecting. THAT is what I would love to know. The guy is calling foul on being lowballed, but what I think he really wants is to play on the tag so that he REALLY cashes in next year. We will see how it goes becoause I don't think a deal will be made before 7/15
So I respect your opinion here, but I have got to disagree. I don't think KC wants to milk us for every cent he can. I think what he wants is to be treated with respect, treated like he is wanted, and treated fairly wherever he ends up. Look at the way the guy lives. Money isn't his motivator. He stills drives a conversion van given to him by his grandparents. I also don't think that the motivation for Dan/Bruce is to make damn sure he is the guy. I think they have already determined he is not the guy for them. There is no other explanation in my mind for the offers they have extended.

Is KC's agent playing hardball? Absolutely. That is his job and if he was your agent, you would want the same representation. But I bet if the FO would make a fair market offer, something in the range that GK has outlined above, you would see KC's team come down from their position. But that is dependent on the team making an offer. That is the way this works. Why they haven't made a fair offer can only be explained by the belief that they do not want KC here long term, but he is just a place holder until they can find RG#3 V.2, a real face of the franchise and someone that can sell jerseys and fill seats. KC is not a marketing rep's dream, after all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone actually expect to make the playoff on the strength of our defense? ANYONE? If you answered NO to this question then you know that the ONLY way that this team was going to qualify for the post-season was because of its offense. Well we didn't qualify, failure = offense.

i expected the team to have a shot at qualifying . the defense was the weak link and in the end it failed . teams fail not parts of team or the qb only , the team fails . we werent good enough last season and the team blew its chances

in my estimation KC played well enough to give us the opportunity which we didnt capitolize on

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he needed to just throw that ball away. Every time I think about last season, I get po'd thinking about that play and his lacadaisical (if I can use that word) play all game - in a game we just needed a decent performance from him. He's a good QB, but he f'd up, and now we're supposed to give him the biggest contract in the NFL just to show him he's wanted. I like Cousins, but the circumstances now grind my gears - as Peter Griffin would say.

I can totally understand your sentiment Ruz. Does he have "it" or not, that remains to be seen. But again it's not about Kirk being the highest paid player in the league, that is the function of timing and nothing more and will change quickly if it happens. No it's about the Redskins and what their other options are. Again look at our history of our QBs and how that position has killed us for generations. Then look at teams like the Browns, Bears, Jags and every other loser and their struggles to find that guy and tell me what our Plan B is to get a QB that's as good or better?

The price is based not on skill alone, it's based more on the old reliable supply and demand curve you learned in Econ 101.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you guys getting this belief that KC wants the biggest contract in NFL history? When has he, or his agent, made that demand? From all I have read, he just wants to be treated fairly.

I've been with you on this all the way through. The reports are Allen's offers were way below market. So instead of taking an insulting offer he balked, that hardly means he "doesn't want to be here" it simply means he is not taking a discount and he shouldn't even consider taking a discount.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i dont get is some of these posters think they could do better if they were in that situation . oh just take the sack or throw it away , like its that easy to read the defense and make the throw under pressure late in the game in less then 3 seconds .

and the countrys of the world cant even name any qb great or not so much who hasnt blown a game with everything on the line yet KC is the antichrist because he did ?

the guys has been starting for 2 years and his numbers are at the all time level . all qbs make mistakes in big games (and non big games ) and the guy should get paid according to market value . his contract within 3 years will be at the "normal level " of his percieved skill level and this whole point will be mute

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how folks think anyone causes an NFL team to win by themselves. So when the QB and his offense leads you to a go ahead score with 1:05 left but the defense can't prevent the other offense from getting a TD or when the QB and is offense lead you to a game winning field goal but the kicker misses it is all the offenses fault? Seriously?? You can say that with a straight face?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how folks think anyone causes an NFL team to win by themselves. So when the QB and his offense leads you to a go ahead score with 1:05 left but the defense can't prevent the other offense from getting a TD or when the QB and is offense lead you to a game winning field goal but the kicker misses it is all the offenses fault? Seriously?? You can say that with a straight face?

Correction.... Its all the QBs fault. At least thats the working theory. If only Kirk were god enough to hand the defense a two score lead with 2 minutes left every week.. none of this would be an issue.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the detractors conveniently forget those games. They only remember the one game where he made a potential game losing mistake. I say potential because even if he led them to a score against the giants, there is no bet that our defense wouldn't have let Eli march right down the field as in the past. Or that he drove them to within FG range and we missed. Bottom line is that if the rest of the team supported KC earlier in the season, the Giants game would have meant nothing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the detractors conveniently forget those games. They only remember the one game where he made a potential game losing mistake. I say potential because even if he led them to a score against the giants, there is no bet that our defense wouldn't have let Eli march right down the field as in the past. Or that he drove them to within FG range and we missed. Bottom line is that if the rest of the team supported KC earlier in the season, the Giants game would have meant nothing.

Bingo!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name them and back it up with direct quotes . The offer was made. Signing was going to happen and it was killed by Allen

The prove was all your anti allen posts.