• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Realistic Playoff Scenario: Who gets the #4 Spot?

Who gets the #4 spot?

• Miami 11-1

• Wisconsin 12-1

• UGA -11-2

• Ohio State 11-2

• Notre Dame 10-2

• USC 12-2

Results are only viewable after voting.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a 0% chance to make it with one loss. They might still miss it if they go undefeated. I can see the committee taking a one loss Bama and SEC champ over Wisconsin based on the committee's rankings and explanations of the rankings.

no. if wis wins out, they're in...... they will not leave out an undefeated B1G champion.

Just like If OSU wins out, there will be huge pressure to give osu the 4 spot again. Michigan would still be a good win in the shit house, and if they beat wis in the CCG.

and sorry sec fluffers, sec will not get 2 in this year.......

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. if wis wins out, they're in...... they will not leave out an undefeated B1G champion.

Just like If OSU wins out, there will be huge pressure to give osu the 4 spot again. Michigan would still be a good win in the shit house, and if they beat wis in the CCG.

and sorry sec fluffers, sec will not get 2 in this year.......
They will if Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC Title game. Georgia would then make it and I don't think that they would leave out a 1-loss Alabama team. Especially since they would have added a win over Auburn to their resume by then.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will if Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC Title game. Georgia would then make it and I don't think that they would leave out a 1-loss Alabama team. Especially since they would have added a win over Auburn to their resume by then.

I think the pressure against that, marketing, viewership will put a different conf. winner in.....

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pressure against that, marketing, viewership will put a different conf. winner in.....
It would probably still be difficult, for sure. But I think because it would be Alabama, who also has a huge fan-base and strong reputation, etc. Because of that I think it would be a little easier for them to manage it. Especially if they're still #1 before the game (which they would be if they just beat Auburn) and if the game is close. Because otherwise you'd basically be choosing either a 2-loss team over them or a fellow 1-loss team that probably doesn't have a better resume anyway.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably still be difficult, for sure. But I think because it would be Alabama, who also has a huge fan-base and strong reputation, etc. Because of that I think it would be a little easier for them to manage it. Especially if they're still #1 before the game (which they would be if they just beat Auburn) and if the game is close. Because otherwise you'd basically be choosing either a 2-loss team over them or a fellow 1-loss team that probably doesn't have a better resume anyway.

doesn't matter. viewership will be way down if you leave out a huge chunk of area by not including B1G if there is a reasonable argument. regardless of what happens in the sec, an undefeated wisc. team, or a 2 loss OSU that finished strong, assuming winning out, will be hard to keep out. If OSU destroys michigan, look for the committee to move them up next week a couple spots, to make it easier to slide them to #4.

I can forgive the okla loss, wasn't as bad as people make it out to be., but the iowa loss was inexcusable. period. still makes zero fucking sense how that could happen.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dependent on Wisconsin losing a game.

Should be an interesting couple weeks.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey homo, been a while. Check out this website and tell me how many scenarios have OSU not in the playoff:

2017 College Football Predictions

TheScenerioVillage.com no thanks. Based on past practices and resumes it's Miami easy. You can be angry but Miami would have one loss. The better resume and no conference championship . Ohio State would have 2 losses. And y'all got your doors blown off by an unranked Iowa.Sounds familiar :think: :dhd:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cannot figure out any possible positive of Big 10 OOC. The entire 14 team league has nada OOC.

The ranked Big 10 teams Ohio State, Michigan State, and Northwestern all have annihilation losses OOC.
Freaking Duke ran up the score on Northwestern.

Sadly a mediocre Texas team at 6-6 might be the best OOC win for the Big 10 courtesy of Maryland.

An undefeated Wisconsin likely gets in. But, any other scenario would be a blatant money grab politics.
Miami beat ND. Georgia beat ND. Oklahoma beat OSU. Clemson beat Auburn.

I have no Big 10 axe to grind, but OOC wins should mean something.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cannot figure out any possible positive of Big 10 OOC. The entire 14 team league has nada OOC.

The ranked Big 10 teams Ohio State, Michigan State, and Northwestern all have annihilation losses OOC.
Freaking Duke ran up the score on Northwestern.

Sadly a mediocre Texas team at 6-6 might be the best OOC win for the Big 10 courtesy of Maryland.

An undefeated Wisconsin likely gets in. But, any other scenario would be a blatant money grab politics.
Miami beat ND. Georgia beat ND. Oklahoma beat OSU. Clemson beat Auburn.

I have no Big 10 axe to grind, but OOC wins should mean something.
I agree I don't see a legit arguement outside an unbeatenWusconsin. And I'm still not 100% on that.I'm not a Georgia fan , I'm not a Miami fan and I hate Notre Dame. But to say a 1loss Miami or a 2 loss UGA or ND. Don't have the better resumes or belong in the play offs. Over a two loss OSU makes zero sense. Hell I can't even put SC in over any of them. It's the 4 best teams not the 4 most marketable. Or your favorite team smh :L

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheScenerioVillage.com no thanks. Based on past practices and resumes it's Miami easy. You can be angry but Miami would have one loss. The better resume and no conference championship . Ohio State would have 2 losses. And y'all got your doors blown off by an unranked Iowa.Sounds familiar :think: :dhd:
Appears to be a fake website. Also, no, their resume is trash. The only thing they would have is 1 less loss. Very, very wrong on the resume though.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears to be a fake website. Also, no, their resume is trash. The only thing they would have is 1 less loss. Very, very wrong on the resume though.
You can keep making excuses. Or trying to spin things the homer route. But it doesn't change the fact. A 1 loss Miami or 2 loss Georgia and ND would have much better resumes than OSU.Wouldypu like me to set the Sarah Mclaghlinmusic. To the Iowa/OSU game. And make a save the Buckeyes sympathy video? The reasons OSU has been covered thoroughly in this thread already. OSU would need absolute chaos to have a legitimate arguement
In this scenerio

Miami
UGA
ND
Everyone else

At this point I would say the most realistic best case for OSU. Would be SC/OSU Fiesta if they both win out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep making excuses. Or trying to spin things the homer route. But it doesn't change the fact. A 1 loss Miami or 2 loss Georgia and ND would have much better resumes than OSU.Wouldypu like me to set the Sarah Mclaghlinmusic. To the Iowa/OSU game. And make a save the Buckeyes sympathy video? The reasons OSU has been covered thoroughly in this thread already. OSU would need absolute chaos to have a legitimate arguement
In this scenerio

Miami
UGA
ND
Everyone else

At this point I would say the most realistic best case for OSU. Would be SC/OSU Fiesta if they both win out.
Excuses for what? I haven't made a single one. We had a bad loss, shit happens. We would also have two top 10/three top 15 wins. ND, UGA, and Miami couldn't match that, nor could they match our conference title. Just is what it is. Don't cry too much if we win out and make it over those 3 teams if they lose.

FWIW, I'd love to face SC in a bowl this year. If we show up, that game's a bloodbath.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses for what? I haven't made a single one. We had a bad loss, shit happens. We would also have two top 10/three top 15 wins. ND, UGA, and Miami couldn't match that, nor could they match our conference title. Just is what it is. Don't cry too much if we win out and make it over those 3 teams if they lose.

FWIW, I'd love to face SC in a bowl this year. If we show up, that game's a bloodbath.
And you keep forgetting that conference championships don’t matter anymore.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny a bad loss was one of your pushing pints for OSU getting in over PSU last year. Last year Conference championships didn't matter. Having two losses as opposed to one was a huge deal. And that bad loss PSU had against Michigan who was better than Iowa this year was major. Main difference is PSU actually won a head to head vs OSU. Now you've flipped stances completely. To say OSU has a better resume compared to UGA, Miami or even ND. Is about as laughable considering OSU barring major upsets. Is but OSU going to be a yearly thing. Pick a stance lolz

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny a bad loss was one of your pushing pints for OSU getting in over PSU last year. Last year Conference championships didn't matter. Having two losses as opposed to one was a huge deal. And that bad loss PSU had against Michigan who was better than Iowa this year was major. Main difference is PSU actually won a head to head vs OSU. Now you've flipped stances completely. To say OSU has a better resume compared to UGA, Miami or even ND. Is about as laughable considering OSU barring major upsets. Is but OSU going to be a yearly thing. Pick a stance lolz

So what exactly are you saying? Can you repeat everything?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would UGA and ND have only 1 loss? No. They're out. Does Miami have three top 10 wins? No. Do they have a top 10 offense and top 10 defense? No. Do any of these teams have 3 top 10 wins? No. Hell they might end up with 3 combined among them.

None of these teams stacks up to 2016 OSU. Your argument is completely invalid.