• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Realistic Playoff Scenario: Who gets the #4 Spot?

Who gets the #4 spot?

• Miami 11-1

• Wisconsin 12-1

• UGA -11-2

• Ohio State 11-2

• Notre Dame 10-2

• USC 12-2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say all of the upsets are done for this year, and each team favored to win, actually does.

Therefore you would have.

Alabama - Beat Auburn, Beats UGA in the SEC Championship Game

Oklahoma - Beats WVU, and wins BIG XII CG

Clemson - Beat South Carolina and beats Miami in ACC Championship Game

But who gets the 4th spot?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say all of the upsets are done for this year, and each team favored to win, actually does.

Therefore you would have.

Alabama - Beat Auburn, Beats UGA in the SEC Championship Game

Oklahoma - Beats WVU, and wins BIG XII CG

Clemson - Beat South Carolina and beats Miami in ACC Championship Game

But who gets the 4th spot?

ohio state with a victory over Wisconsin (providing they beat Michigan) or Wisconsin with a victory over ohio state (providing they beat Minnesota) ... other than that Notre Dame ... Georgia will have 3 losses in they are in the CCG.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit - even I picked the wrong team.

Meant to go with Miami, but actually clicked, and submitted ND.

The only reason I don't see OSU is of their bad loss to Iowa, and last year there was controversy surrounding them admission into the playoffs, and that was the worst game we've ever seen in the playoffs. This time may be different since they would be Conference Champs, but still, I'm not so sure.

Assuming that the lines reflect the actual difference in all these games, I think it'll be the Hurricanes.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit - even I picked the wrong team.

Meant to go with Miami, but actually clicked, and submitted ND.

The only reason I don't see OSU is of their bad loss to Iowa, and last year there was controversy surrounding them admission into the playoffs, and that was the worst game we've ever seen in the playoffs. This time may be different since they would be Conference Champs, but still, I'm not so sure.

Assuming that the lines reflect the actual difference in all these games, I think it'll be the Hurricanes.

I get it ... it's hard to pass up a 1 loss team for a 2 loss team ... that is why the playoffs need expansion to 8 team with 3 at large.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio state with a victory over Wisconsin (providing they beat Michigan) or Wisconsin with a victory over ohio state (providing they beat Minnesota) ... other than that Notre Dame ... Georgia will have 3 losses in they are in the CCG.
only one loss now and gt and bama left, so you saying gt to win is a lock?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it ... it's hard to pass up a 1 loss team for a 2 loss team ... that is why the playoffs need expansion to 8 team with 3 at large.

I'm a 4 team kind of guy.

If it ended today, you would have the following Matchups

#1 Alabama vs #8 Notre Dame
#2 Clemson vs #7 UGA
#3 Miami vs #6 Auburn
#4 Oklahoma vs #5 Wisconsin

I'm not trying to ruffle the feathers of our resident snowflakes, but only one game looks like it could be good to me. And that's Miami vs Auburn. I think Bama would win comfortably, along with Auburn and Oklahoma.

On the flip side, if you just did 4, every matchup would just be stellar.

Sadly though, the NCAA just cares about money and so they will like go to 8, then 16, then 32, and finish with each team playing 10 regular season games so we can have a 64 team playoff.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens it will probably be Ohio State, because they're Ohio State. But if they were to get in over Miami in this situation it would be such a sham and basically prove that Ohio State keeps getting in because they're Ohio State. Because last year they put a 1-loss non-conference champ OSU in over a 2-loss P5 conference champion. So if they put in a 2-loss conference champ OSU over a 1-loss non-conference champ like Miami, that still has some good wins then that will basically prove it. People argued Penn State didn't deserve it because they had 2-losses and a bad loss to Pitt, well Ohio State has a bad loss as well this year. And Penn State even beat Ohio State last year, which would've given an even better argument to put the 2-loss team in ahead, more than this year's version would at least.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you even football bro?? .....clemson v uga is old school southern rivalry

Don't get me wrong, I think what Kirby has done is a fantastic job. But at the moment, UGA is a running team, and playing teams that can stop the run is going to hurt them this year. It's the game plan most of us thought Auburn would go with, they did, and to great success.

Clemson could stop the run, which would make UGA 1 dimensional and I'm not sure how comfortable, or even how much of the playoff they let Fromm use which would really hurt their chances of beating a team like Clemson.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens it will probably be Ohio State, because they're Ohio State. But if they were to get in over Miami in this situation it would be such a sham and basically prove that Ohio State keeps getting in because they're Ohio State. Because last year they put a 1-loss non-conference champ OSU in over a 2-loss P5 conference champion. So if they put in a 2-loss conference champ OSU over a 1-loss non-conference champ like Miami, that still has some good wins then that will basically prove it. People argued Penn State didn't deserve it because they had 2-losses and a bad loss to Pitt, well Ohio State has a bad loss as well this year. And Penn State even beat Ohio State last year, which would've given an even better argument to put the 2-loss team in ahead, more than this year's version would at least.
Does Miami have three top-10 wins? Are they top 10 nationally on both offense and defense? Your argument holds no water.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given precedent, Wisconsin should go above Ohio State even if they lose to OSU because Ohio State has two losses and a blowout loss to Iowa. Ohio State is this year’s Penn State.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given precedent, Wisconsin should go above Ohio State even if they lose to OSU because Ohio State has two losses and a blowout loss to Iowa. Ohio State is this year’s Penn State.
Wisconsin has 3 top 10 wins and an offense and defense that are both top 10 nationally? I must've missed something.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has 3 top 10 wins and an offense and defense that are both top 10 nationally? I must've missed something.
Ohio State doesn't have the 3 top 10 wins that you keep referring to. And being top 10 in offense and defense shouldn't count for anything as far as getting into the playoff. Yards shouldn't be what gets you in the top 4.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was all about Penn State having two losses and a blow out loss meant they didn’t deserve to go above Ohio State despite losing head to head and no conference championship. Ohio State has two losses, one was a blow out, so that’s more losses and less deserving. Or are Ohio State fans going to be some hypocritical fucks this year?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State got rewarded for their out of conference schedule last year. You can't say that about Wisconsin this year given their schedule.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State doesn't have the 3 top 10 wins that you keep referring to. And being top 10 in offense and defense shouldn't count for anything as far as getting into the playoff. Yards shouldn't be what gets you in the top 4.
I'm talking about last year. He's trying to use a "precedent" from last year, which would mean that Wisconsin would have to have 3 top 10 wins to be in over OSU.

I'm also not talking about yards. I'm talking yards, points, efficiency, you name it. By basically every metric, they were top 10 on both sides of the ball, which is the sign of a complete team, which was a large part of why they got in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State got rewarded for their out of conference schedule last year. You can't say that about Wisconsin this year given their schedule.
And their in conference schedule. We had two top 10 B1G wins last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was all about Penn State having two losses and a blow out loss meant they didn’t deserve to go above Ohio State despite losing head to head and no conference championship. Ohio State has two losses, one was a blow out, so that’s more losses and less deserving. Or are Ohio State fans going to be some hypocritical fucks this year?
Except that's not true. Ohio State would not have gotten into the playoff without having 3 top 10 wins and being better on both sides of the ball than Penn State last year. You do know that, right? That's far from being the case this year, you fuck.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming this scenario means Ohio State beat Wisconsin for the B1G title, Ohio State SHOULD get the last playoff spot. If Wisconsin beats Ohio State, I can't see them not being in the playoff.