• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Because it would have been "unauthorized" by your employer. And probably rightfully so. But it would not have been illegal. Fired - Yes. Arrested (illegal) - No. Sounds like a pretty fun job you got though.

The job can be fun but most of the time no such luck. Part of the job is patching people up when they get hurt and when you have a big facility that has retail and dining someone is always getting hurt. Or line cooks get into fights and slash each other (And then go back to work like nothing happened). Or some idiot is passed out on a couch on the sales floor after a 10 martini lunch. Or an elevator gets stuck. Or a celeb comes in and I have to threaten pain in the ass photogs.

One funny thing happened not too long ago. I saw a waiter grab a big chair from the sales floor and start walking to one of the restaurants. When I asked him what the hell he was doing he told me Shaq was here and couldn't fit in the regular chairs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the police to do it yes. The risk management department (And they ALWAYS get a copy of everything) of the hotel itself would have been able to.

The person that sent the video the the NFL was a law enforcement official...not hotel employee. That is what I was talking about. Hizzle doesn't seem to comprehend that.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever seen, "Major League"?

Remember that scene where the guys in the stands are arguing about the home run that was hit in 'Wild Thing's' first outting?

One guy kept saying it was to high the other guy kept saying that's not possible?

Finally the third guy say, 'Who gives a s****, it's gone'.

OK, who cares how the NFL got the video, who it came from, who sent it, who released it - it's out there and Ray Rice is gone.

Now, here's the next couple questions:

1) In a year Rice can appeal the suspension. Will it be lifted?

2) Does anyone sign him?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember that scene where the guys in the stands are arguing about the home run that was hit in 'Wild Thing's' first outting?

One guy kept saying it was to high the other guy kept saying that's not possible?

OK, who cares how the NFL got the video, who it came from, who sent it, who released it - it's out there and Ray Rice is gone.

2) Does anyone sign him?

1) Yes

2) Probably. The Pats would be my guess.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The person that sent the video the the NFL was a law enforcement official...not hotel employee. That is what I was talking about. Hizzle doesn't seem to comprehend that.

Even if the police had turned it over (which I'm not sure is accurate, but regardless) even if - it still would not be illegal. Exactly what law are they breaking? A video, given to them, taken in public - turned over to the NFL. What law did they break? They didn't.

Now, you can say it was turned over without legal authority - meaning there was no legally binding subpoena issued for it, etc.... That would be correct. However, that does not make it illegal. I listened to that guy from the NJ Attny Gen office. He was an idiot. That's for another topic though - but some of the things he was saying were ridiculous. I am assuming we are talking about the dude on the Mike and Mike show?

I'll put it simply: There is no law that says it is against the law for law enforcement to turn over a public video.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? That was a major aspect of the story from TMZ. I was actually talking about it not being illegal for the NFL to ask and get a copy from the hotel itself. In the very least they could (And probably did) have someone go to the hotel and take a look.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) Does anyone sign him?

After a year I think he gets reinstated provided he's squeaky clean during the interim. Not sure if somone signs him.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put it simply: There is no law that says it is against the law for law enforcement to turn over a public video.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that part. Technically the video is the property of the hotel. I'm willing to be it would be if it threatens an ongoing investigation and the laws may be different from state to state. We have an in house general counsel. I'll ask him on Monday if I can find a way to not make it sound I'm trying to get away with something

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if it was illegal or not for law enforcement to send the tape, Goidell could've still got it from the hotel. He didn't bother to do that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first woman interviewed has this to say

“As a woman, she shouldn’t have hit him. If I hit you, I would expect you to hit me back. And that’s just how that goes.”

Even though I agree with her that if a woman is actively attacking you you have the right to defend yourself this lady has to know the difference between restraining your woman during an argument and knocking her unconscious.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice of Paul George of the Pacers to throw his worthless two cents into the mix. Just another reminder of how ignorant people are when they get on twitter.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please explain to me what's up with the women that were wearing Ray Rice jerseys at the game last night. Most women I know would burn it if they had one.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first woman interviewed has this to say

Even though I agree with her that if a woman is actively attacking you you have the right to defend yourself this lady has to know the difference between restraining your woman during an argument and knocking her unconscious.

I would say that no guy - especially one as strong as Rice - should ever fight back with a woman. The only possible exception would be if she were truly threatening his life (e.g. she had a gun or was a high level black belt that could kill him). Otherwise - cmon - all that he really needs to do is either run away or just hold his hands up long enough till he can run away.

People always discount the possibility of simply walking away from these situations. Please - park your freaking ego at the door. I also see where folks want to write this off to alcohol. Please - I don't care how drunk you are - there is no excuse. I also have to question where in the hell his friends where at during this whole incident. No doubt things didn't flare up the second they entered the elevator. It probably escalated hours before that.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that no guy - especially one as strong as Rice - should ever fight back with a woman. The only possible exception would be if she were truly threatening his life (e.g. she had a gun or was a high level black belt that could kill him). Otherwise - cmon - all that he really needs to do is either run away or just hold his hands up long enough till he can run away.

People always discount the possibility of simply walking away from these situations. Please - park your freaking ego at the door. I also see where folks want to write this off to alcohol. Please - I don't care how drunk you are - there is no excuse. I also have to question where in the hell his friends where at during this whole incident. No doubt things didn't flare up the second they entered the elevator. It probably escalated hours before that.

Agreed! The disparity in size alone, all he needed to do was keep her at arms length away until the elevator stopped. He certainly didn't need to knock the shit out of her. They both have issues and need counseling regardless.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please explain to me what's up with the women that were wearing Ray Rice jerseys at the game last night. Most women I know would burn it if they had one.

Did you see some of those women? Yikes! Doesn't speak too highly of Baltimore (and is probably pretty accurate).

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why this surprises any of you. There are women who still support/defend Chris Brown and people who are still Mayweather fans.