• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Rex,
Sorry you had to sit and rest this week. Figured I'd better get off my ass and do something. I feel like I did pretty good tonight and one more good week and I can solidify my position as the "Blount" guy.
See ya on the bench,
Mike

Ha! Meh, he did alright. One nice run, did his job at the goaline. Personally i'd LOVE to know what this "undisclosed" injury is for Rexy. I think BB is fucking with everyone and he isn't hurt at all, but that little hooded bastard isn't about to tip his hand

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Meh, he did alright. One nice run, did his job are the goaline. Personally i'd LOVE to know what this "undisclosed" injury is for Rexy. I think BB is fucking with everyone and he isn't hurt at all, but that little hooded bastard isn't about to tip his hand
I agree 150%. Fuck I hate that guy..................but the chance at Blount numbers from last year just makes Gilly tempting as hell. That said, I doubt last nights performance will make him any cheaper so I prolly won't have him on any other teams except that playoff league I play in.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 150%. Fuck I hate that guy..................but the chance at Blount numbers from last year just makes Gilly tempting as hell. That said, I doubt last nights performance will make him any cheaper so I prolly won't have him on any other teams except that playoff league I play in.
Right, i don't mind taking a chance on any of them in a dynasty format, as I'm sure one will separate themselves and be worth a nice price next year, but redraft? They've gotta come damned cheap. Luckily for me, my personal favorite is the cheapest one not named Lewis

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that little hooded bastard

Bill-Belichick.jpg
:pound::pound::pound:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wahts funny is everyone references blount numbers, when that is anomaly in the pats offense looking back over the years, the # of carries, td's etc

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its almost as if Hoodie loves F..n with us FF guys

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wahts funny is everyone references blount numbers, when that is anomaly in the pats offense looking back over the years, the # of carries, td's etc
Can go either way. In 2015 Blount had 175 carries for 750 and 7 after Lewis went down. I think the carries will always be there with tPats but it's just figuring out who will get them. Last year shows what happens on this team when somebody can step up and take the lead role.................that said, still an expensive crap shoot...........that I've done...............twice...................in two drafts..............so far....................

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Brady getting too old so maybe trying to limit his reps and exposure to hits? If thats part of the equation on their game plan, I'd expect it to continue this yr.

But the extra stress that comes with it makes it a tough group to draft any from

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it is funny. And it's an anomaly, not only because of the way the Pats generally move the ball, but because there's never been a back with Blounts skill set in that offense, not even Cory Dillon. It's not like he plunged in from the one 18 times, which any back on the roster is probably capable of doing, they all can find a small hole and squeeze through on any given situation. But Blount was running over, dragging, carrying, and bouncing off guys, often scoring from ten, fifteen, twenty yards out or more. Gilly isn't doing that, Rex isn't doing that, neither are White or Lewis. Even if one guy does inherit the "Blount role", which i doubt happens, the production is going to be different

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it is funny. And it's an anomaly, not only because of the way the Pats generally move the ball, but because there's never been a back with Blounts skill set in that offense, not even Cory Dillon. It's not like he plunged in from the one 18 times, which any back on the roster is probably capable of doing, they all can find a small hole and squeeze through on any given situation. But Blount was running over, dragging, carrying, and bouncing off guys, often scoring from ten, fifteen, twenty yards out or more. Gilly isn't doing that, Rex isn't doing that, neither are White or Lewis. Even if one guy does inherit the "Blount role", which i doubt happens, the production is going to be different
exactly!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some number crunching. Under Belichick...
  • the Pats on average have rushed on 44.9% of their plays which is probably higher than most people think. (Also means they pass 55.1% of the time.)
    • The 2016 league average is 42.2% rush attempts v pass.
  • this averages out to 461.5 rush attempts per season.
  • the leading rusher has averaged 872 rush yards; and has only surpassed 1K rush yards 5 times in 17 seasons.
  • in these 17 seasons, 9 different RB have led the team in rushing. Only 2 RB led the team more than twice (Antowain Smith and Corey Dillon).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize its preseason, but Brian Hoyer is carving up Vikes D right now

Kyle Shanahan has Hyde all over the place

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. The Vikings look bad. What happened to their D? Also their OL really really sucks.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit!

Number One: I forgot the game was on!

Number Two: I like Hoyer. Although, maybe not so much right now.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is a microcosm of Hyde's season, I'm feeling a little better about owning him in D2.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joe williams playing behind journey man Raheem Mostert, and Mostert is balling out

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joe williams playing behind journey man Raheem Mostert, and Mostert is balling out
No idea what's going on with Joe. He was amazing in game 1, barely saw the field in game 2, and now this crap today. Wonder if he got a big head, started believing his own hype, Shanny needed to deflate him a little? His performance in game 1 definitely didn't dictate playing behind those guys the past two.