• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Fantasy Baseball Thoughts

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, he shit the bed for me too. On the bright side, I got 2 clean innings out of Yimi so my ERA stands at 11.12 right now.

I got homers from Goldshmidt, Cain and Wieters too. Wieters has been worth the wait to far.

I passed on Wieters 'cuz of the injury. In retrospect, not a smart move.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact: Keith Hernandez still gets around 3 grand a year in royalties from his Seinfeld appearances.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to ponder: Is this year's youth movement the result of an uncommonly large amount of potentially elite minor league talent, or is this the beginning of a new trend in Major League Baseball?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe dropping Panda was a little premature...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Drew Storen has been about damn perfect this year, gives up 3 runs in 2/3rd's of an inning in a blowout win. Why even bring him in when you're up 16-1????!!! :doh:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact: Keith Hernandez still gets around 3 grand a year in royalties from his Seinfeld appearances.

Atta boy Keith! Well deserved

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Todd Frazier. I feel ashamed for not believing...or maybe I just didn't want to jinx him. Seeing how the Reds suck, I shouldn't have been afraid.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I managed to land Buxton and as a Twins fan I am pretty excited. I just hope he can live up to the hype.

I had to give up Starlin Castro to land him but I should be ok at SS as I was on the ball and rostered Carlos Correa when the Astros called him up.

:charlie:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I managed to land Buxton and as a Twins fan I am pretty excited. I just hope he can live up to the hype.

I had to give up Starlin Castro to land him but I should be ok at SS as I was on the ball and rostered Carlos Correa when the Astros called him up.

:charlie:

Ok, coupla questions for ya. What do you think Sano's chances of being called up are? Still in AA, and I've read that the Twins regret not putting Kennys Vargas in AAA for a spell, they think they've moved him up too quickly. Maybe they'll be more cautious with Sano?

And what the hell is goin' on with Arcia? I'm getting the feeling he may stay in AAA for quite awhile.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kemp's slump, isn't a slump at all :doh:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5652.jpg

Don't they have a cap that fits Medlen's head?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, coupla questions for ya. What do you think Sano's chances of being called up are? Still in AA, and I've read that the Twins regret not putting Kennys Vargas in AAA for a spell, they think they've moved him up too quickly. Maybe they'll be more cautious with Sano?

And what the hell is goin' on with Arcia? I'm getting the feeling he may stay in AAA for quite awhile.

They usually have been historically pretty cautious with bringing up rookies. The quick change for Vargas and even the Buxton call up was surprising to me. For now Plouffe has a lock on 3B so I'm not sure if they are in any hurry to get Sano up. They have been a bit unpredictable though too so it's anybody's guess. Vargas has been a little rough until his walk-off bomb yesterday but if he continues to struggle maybe they bring Sano in to DH as long as he's on a roll in the minors.

As far as Arcia I don't know what to say. He was up last year and some of this year and given plenty of starts to prove himself but he seemed to struggle. I wouldn't be apposed to him getting some more work in AAA until he seems ready. The power is there but he might just need time to figure things out.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They usually have been historically pretty cautious with bringing up rookies. The quick change for Vargas and even the Buxton call up was surprising to me. For now Plouffe has a lock on 3B so I'm not sure if they are in any hurry to get Sano up. They have been a bit unpredictable though too so it's anybody's guess. Vargas has been a little rough until his walk-off bomb yesterday but if he continues to struggle maybe they bring Sano in to DH as long as he's on a roll in the minors.

As far as Arcia I don't know what to say. He was up last year and some of this year and given plenty of starts to prove himself but he seemed to struggle. I wouldn't be apposed to him getting some more work in AAA until he seems ready. The power is there but he might just need time to figure things out.

Thanks for your input. Makes sense, but what bewilders me about Arcia is that he was just starting to rake when the hip problem happened.

I've been holding him in a deeper league, so here's the answer: as soon as I cut him loose, they'll call him up. ;)

Savagebeatings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wanted to hear people's take on Strasburg moving forward in the season. Do you feel like he is worth trading for is my question?

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wanted to hear people's take on Strasburg moving forward in the season. Do you feel like he is worth trading for is my question?

I wouldn't overpay, but would try to buy low. I kind of flip flopped last week with him. Traded JD Mart and some picks in a dynasty for him, then quickly flipped him for Castro and Bundy. (was weak at MI) I'm scared of Bundy too, a bad start by Strasburg and his value plummets..on the flip side, if he deals darts in his first start back, his price would go back to preseason value.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never owned him, he's always been over valued IMO. Even now he probably is. Unless someone is giving him away, I wouldn't give up much.