• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I think we have enough WRs on our rosters.

Agreed. The Rams seem to have their 3 starters set with Woods, Cupp, and Austin. They have plenty of options between backups to step up to replace them among Reynolds, Thomas, Cooper, Spruce, McRoberts, etc. While Maclin would be an upgrade over most, those starters seem set and committed to (unless they can unload Austin, which seems difficult with that contract this year).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are listed as one of eight possible fits for WR Jeremy Maclin.

He currently pencils out as an upgrade over any other WR we have on the roster.

0ap3000000813033.jpg

Potential landing spots for Jeremy Maclin

I'm hoping for the Bills personally, as I see the Rams starters set with what they have committed to them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I think we have enough WRs on our rosters.
How many have a 1300 yard season under their belt?

I'm not vying for him or anything, but upgrading WR Corp should certainly be looked at, especially since our No. 1 WR has only been a No. 2 and without large success as a No. 2, our No. 2 receiver has yet to prove anything and is hugely undersized, and our No. 3 WR is an unproven Rookie who has yet to play a single snap in the NFL.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not vying for him or anything, but upgrading WR Corp should certainly be looked at, especially since our No. 1 WR has only been a No. 2 and without large success as a No. 2, our No. 2 receiver has yet to prove anything and is hugely undersized, and our No. 3 WR is an unproven Rookie who has yet to play a single snap in the NFL.

I just don't see how we could fit him on our roster with the cap situation... We'd have to either be VERY creative or drop players we might not be able to afford to drop...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maclin clearly is only going to accept a starting position, which means one of Woods/Kupp/Austin is headed to the bench. The Rams have invested a lot in each of them, making that a very tough call.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read two articles from WalterFootball and Yahoo Sports where the writers intimated that GRob has a 0% chance of making the finally roster. He began this season working with the first teamers but has since been assigned to the second team O-line. Jamon Brown has surpassed him and Brown is now working at RT. Brown played tackle in college, so it not like this is a stretch for him. The articles when on to state that GRob is indeed the next great Rams bust that was orchestrated by the drama queen and his in-over-his-head sidekick, Snead!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched McVays presser and apparently GRob has some personal issues or something and won't be back until later in the week? Of all the guys who NEED extra practice time, now this??? :L

It's almost comical at this point!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched McVays presser and apparently GRob has some personal issues or something and won't be back until later in the week? Of all the guys who NEED extra practice time, now this??? :L

It's almost comical at this point!!!
I heard he went home to discuss how his OTA's are going thus far....

6cfeffa0-2592-0132-4e8f-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have already been mentioned however ya gotta listen to Jackie speak on his inclusion with the OTA meetings, his assessment of the coaching staff, and his advise to the players...

It'll get you pumped for some Rams Football!

Jackie Slater - Rams Legends Press Conference

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you need to know so you don't sound stupid he says without a single word on Goff. :L

Fun read anyway from a dude who proclaims he's no longer an LA Rams fan.

He talked about Jim Everett, good enough for me!!! :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand he wants to avoid injury, so that's why I was cool with him missing the voluntary OTA's, but the Rams have this dude under contract this year. (And they would extend his 5th year team option next year too, if they can't come to terms soon or by the next off season)

So, since this is a mandatory training camp, does he get fined if he doesn't show up tomorrow?

I mean the Rams have options, they could play out the bargain for the next two years and tag him for 2019 and who knows, that could end up maximizing his quality years. He could drop off in production in his 7th year the Rams could end up overpaying this guy long term.

And if they did tag him in '19, it probably still is less than what they could end up paying him this year he they sign him to that long term deal this summer.

I say, if he's a no show, push the extension talks to next summer and use the 5th year team option.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand he wants to avoid injury, so that's why I was cool with him missing the voluntary OTA's, but the Rams have this dude under contract this year. (And they would extend his 5th year team option next year too, if they can't come to terms soon or by the next off season)

So, since this is a mandatory training camp, does he get fined if he doesn't show up tomorrow?

I mean the Rams have options, they could play out the bargain for the next two years and tag him for 2019 and who knows, that could end up maximizing his quality years. He could drop off in production in his 7th year the Rams could end up overpaying this guy long term.

And if they did tag him in '19, it probably still is less than what they could end up paying him this year he they sign him to that long term deal this summer.

I say, if he's a no show, push the extension talks to next summer and use the 5th year team option.

He's also the "leader" of our defense and we have a whole new staff, can anyone on this team afford to lose time learning a brand new scheme???

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of Donald's absence is due to the fact he wants a new contract. He is not real keen on being tagged but wants a new deal. A CBA version of holding-out for a new contract like they used to do back-in-the-day.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of Donald's absence is due to the fact he wants a new contract. He is not real keen on beeing tagged but wants a new deal. A CBA version of holding-out for a new contract like they used to do back-in-the-day.
Agreed, but he is technically under contract with us for 2 more seasons, not sure why he would have to pull a power play right now...