• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills cut Cyrus Kouandjio; anyone want a half naked wanderer to try out at tackle?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Kupp and Jared Goff Could Be a Match Made in Football Heaven for LA Rams
Matt Miller

hi-res-f11f1d7e95ae380ae3ed7434e57ad62e_crop_north.jpg

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
As Cooper Kupp sat with his friends and family on Day 2 of the 2017 NFL draft, he was waiting to hear his name called. He had no way of knowing that a quarterback he met while training for predraft events would alter his future.

Kupp left Eastern Washington after his senior season, having won awards named after Jerry Rice (FCS Freshman of the Year) and Walter Payton (FCS Most Outstanding Offensive Player) and with the record for most receptions, yards and touchdowns in FCS history. Kupp was no secret to NFL teams, but there were concerns about his lack of top-end speed and where he would fit into a pro-style offense.

Throughout the predraft process of the Senior Bowl, NFL scouting combine and pro day workouts, NFL scouts raved privately about the readiness and intelligence of Kupp, whose father and grandfather played in the NFL.

“You could tell from talking to him for five minutes that he gets it. He’s one of the smartest receivers I’ve ever talked to” is how one area scout described Kupp. He had his fans in draft rooms across the league, but he was about to win over another group of important people who could impact his draft stock—NFL quarterbacks.

Leaving Eastern, Kupp decided to sign with Rep1 Sports for representation. The decision would ultimately tie him to another of the firm’s clients, Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff, whom he met at the Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals game in early January after signing with the agency.

Goff’s connection and recommendation of Kupp wasn’t the only one, though. Multiple teams contacted for this story said the quarterbacks they talked to at the Senior Bowl were going to bat for Kupp in formal and informal interviews. “Everyone loved the kid," said one scout who was in Mobile, Alabama, for the event.

Kupp would eventually hear his name called in the third round of the draft, at No. 69 overall, and find himself reunited with his old Rep1 throwing buddy. The connection between Goff and Kupp is already showing up in camp.

A Rams source, who asked to not be named in this piece, said Kupp has been “the team’s best receiver” so far in camp. Better than Robert Woods, who was handed a five-year, $34 million contract this offseason. Said the source, “Kupp gives us the ability to play him in the slot or outside. Which gives Tavon [Austin] flexibility. It’s a good problem to have.” And with Austin sidelined at OTAs, Kupp has impressed.

Throughout rookie minicamp, Kupp was the star. Rich Hammond of the Los Angeles Daily News reported Kupp was “the star" of this month’s Rams camp, and head coach Sean McVay praised Kupp as “a guy that consistently showed up," according to Jim Allen of the Spokesman-Review. Following camp, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur told Myles Simmons of the team website, "...he’s a pro and you can see that. He came in here not like most rookies do.” As Kupp works at receiver and punt returner, it’s clear the team feels like it has a potential impact player.

How good can Kupp be right out of the gate for a Rams offense that desperately needs wide receiver help? "He could lead this team in receptions and I wouldn’t be surprised," said the Rams source. Expectations are high for the third-rounder. NFL Network analyst Peter Schrager predicted Kupp would lead all rookies in receptions with over 70 catches. That’s a high number for a rookie, especially with a developing quarterback, but Kupp was graded by our NFL Draft 400 team with the best hands in the class.

Much of Kupp’s success will be determined by the progress Jared Goff makes in year two—and vice versa. Already reports are coming out of Los Angeles about Goff’s easy transition learning this offense, how he’s bigger and stronger and becoming more of a leader. Every quarterback needs a safety valve, and the relationship on and off the field between Goff and Kupp could make them a very productive duo for the Rams in 2017.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills cut Cyrus Kouandjio; anyone want a half naked wanderer to try out at tackle?

Seriously though, off season strangeness aside, Kouandjio was showing great progress working with Kromer last year to the point where some were suggesting starting him at LT and moving Cordy Glenn to RT.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, off season strangeness aside, Kouandjio was showing great progress working with Kromer last year to the point where some were suggesting starting him at LT and moving Cordy Glenn to RT.

ok, I'll bite, so what the heck was he caught doing? .....streaking?? :bolt:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I'll bite, so what the heck was he caught doing? .....streaking?? :bolt:

On April 20, Kouandjio was found partially dressed while wandering in a farm field in Elma, New York, by members of the Erie County Sheriff's Office responding to a call. The deputies called firefighters to administer first aid, and Kouandjio was transported to Erie County Medical Center for evaluation, treatment and observation.

Kouandjio was not arrested, and a Sheriff's Office spokesman said Kouandjio was "compliant, courteous and polite" and never presented a threat to the safety of law-enforcement and emergency personnel or to himself.

The Bills issued a statement at the time that read: "We are aware of the matter involving Cyrus and are carefully monitoring his condition and gathering more information. We don't have all of the details, so we won't have any further comment at this time."

No further details have emerged about the incident, and the Bills have not elaborated on their original statement.

Could be illegal drugs, could be reaction to medication (or a mix of the two). Sounds suspiciously to me like a reaction to "spice" (synthetic marijuana).

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be illegal drugs, could be reaction to medication (or a mix of the two). Sounds suspiciously to me like a reaction to "spice" (synthetic marijuana).
I agree, he was probably trippin out on something new that these young kids are trying nowadays. :exploding:
I say sign him! He'll probably fit in well with the rest of our knuckleheads!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To rival the glory days on offense we once had with the GSOT that the previous post highlighted, here is a series of games that demonstrated the defense we had and destroyed because of a complete in-over-his-head HC, drama queen who simply could not put together an offense that held its own. For those who are bored, if this youtube vid doesn't get you stoked, you must be dead from the neck UP!

Check it out. It is on Youtube under beastmode!!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Koundjio was exhibiting signs of a mental issue. Much like the actress who played Lois Lane in the Christopher Reeve Superman movies who was found wandering around years ago.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pot brownies. It happens

:wash:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Trumaine Johnson hasn't been at practice? Getting sick of his crap already!!! Yes, I know they're voluntary workouts, but he should be there after not playing particularly well last season...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read Mannion fans... (@mrwallace2ku)

Here's a snippet...

It’s not that the Rams are wrong for opening the door at quarterback, it’s just a bit surprising that Goff hasn’t been solid enough up to this point to take complete control of the job. The fact that McVay said “Right now Jared’s the starter” is a bit telling, seeing as he could have easily said “Jared will be the starter in Week 1.”

Rams coach says Jared Goff is starting QB ‘right now,’ leaves door open for change | FOX Sports

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Mannion fan as well!
I would love to see him stand up and lead this team! The man was never given a fair shake from the beginning. Gotta love his character! Go Sean Mannion!..... :hope:
I gotta wonder if that would make Goff a bust to get beat out by Mannion...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta wonder if that would make Goff a bust to get beat out by Mannion...

It could happen! I hope not, but it could. Question is, what is the real reason that Fisher sat Goff the 1st half of last season? Was Goff really that bad? Was it because he couldn't learn the offense? Terrible o-line?? Too big of ego's @ Wr? Or just a combination of all of the above? I do know that it took him a long time just to learn how to take a snap under center! :L When Goff did get his chance he really didn't play well. Its hard to really point blame as to why. I do like his accuracy though.

One good thing though, is by having a new (non bias) offensive minded coach I would think we will learn early on who is the better/smarter qb really is. With a better o-line, better wrs/te, preseason play will determine who our week 1 starter will be. If it is Goff, I am good with it. If it is Mannion, I will be happy for Mannion but even more pissed off at Snisher for pulling the trigger on Goff when we had so many other needs. :L

Dont forget that Mannion has been in the league 1 year longer than Goff. As long as we get a legitimate qb out of one of these guys I am ok with it. If they both fail, were screwed! :L In the past, usually the guy that has sit and carried a clip board, or the guy that no one expected to play well does exactly that! If Mannion does beat out Goff, Sean Mcvay will probably be criticized early on for benching the local guy. A perfect scenario would be that they both play outstanding! Both take control and create a difficult decision for the new coach! :hope:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mannion does beat out Goff, Sean Mcvay will probably be criticized early on for benching the local guy.
Both are Bay area kids. Goff to the North, Mannion to the South, their High Schools are about an hour apart, however I don't think they ever played against one another because Sean is two and a half years older than Jared.

BTW - That age difference, if you recall zeke, is huge in your early 20's!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are Bay area kids. Goff to the North, Mannion to the South, their High Schools are about an hour apart, however I don't think they ever played against one another because Sean is two and a half years older than Jared.

BTW - That age difference, if you recall zeke, is huge in your early 20's!

Hmm, I wasn't aware that Mannion was a local guy. Also him being older and having an extra year under his belt, does that make him more NFL ready?.. IDK?

What's scary is, ours current qbs don't have very much game day experience at all! This could really get ugly if they both fail! Like I said before, preseason should tell us a lot. Lets hope Mcvay can work his magic and make these young guys feel comfortable and somehow find a way to utilize their skills in his offence.