• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams clean house.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will likely pay Cook a decent salary. Laurinaitis is probably better as a 3-4 ILB, although he won't command much of a salary. Maybe someone will take a big chance on Long. Name and reputation will help, even if tape of his on-field performance doesn't warrant it. The moves aren't a shock but the Rams might have handled it better.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are gonna have to answer to this guy now that they've dumped his son.

Animal-2.jpg

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some sense, sure.

And if that was Schneider's only hit, I'd be more inclined to agree. But it's not.

I don't think you could reasonably expect a player to reach the potential that Wilson has shown, even if he's a top pick.

I remember waching that pick live and they showed the Seattle war room, they were celebrating like they just won a game. I won't say that they knew what they had, but they defenitely saw a ton of potential and were probably very excited over the value that they paid for it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you could reasonably expect a player to reach the potential that Wilson has shown, even if he's a top pick.

I remember waching that pick live and they showed the Seattle war room, they were celebrating like they just won a game. I won't say that they knew what they had, but they defenitely saw a ton of potential and were probably very excited over the value that they paid for it.
I remember reading a story where Pete had contacted someone in the Viking's organization who had worked with Fran. They both agreed that Wilson had similar traits and thought he was a very good gamble in the 3rd. I've always liked his play, he is what I like most about the Seahawks. Also his hand size is abnormal for his height, similar to a guy 6'4" so he has less risk than some of the typical 'short' QB's of the past who have had trouble hanging on to the ball in scrambling situations.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see both Long & JL being productive players while in a rotation. But their days as an every-down player, are long gone.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are gonna have to answer to this guy now that they've dumped his son.

View attachment 90558

I was wondering when someone might bring up the Road Warrior angle. That post almost did but not quite like I anticipated.

With his dad as RW Animal, his uncle fairly big in the WWE hierarchy, and an open invitation from McMahon, is it possible we see JL in RW make up soon?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams also has had the luck of playing in a much stronger division and have more wins since the trade.

I get that the NFC West has been the better the division by a long shot the last few years. However the division games havent been the major issue for the Rams right? They were 4-2 against the division last year and 3-7 against everyone else. They have also been a pain for the Seahawks since Wilson arrived. I want to say they are 4-4 against them in that span. Regardless it seems like they handle the division games ok but not the other ones. I can't speak to why that's the case.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Fisher as the HC as long as he continues to beat Seattle. I could see Long possibly going to Seattle as a situational player at a discounted cost.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Fisher as the HC as long as he continues to beat Seattle.
I'm not sure how sustainable that is. Aaron Donald should be excellent for awhile and Robert Quinn is really good at rushing but not much else.

Literally the entire rest of their defense is in flux right now either out the door or going to have other teams giving them strong looks. You figure one of their CBs or S is going to get franchised possibly.

I just dont understand the logic of keeping Fisher. They could kept the defensive scheme in place with a new coach. Fisher is a bad coach. He is a bad game manager. He is bad at consistently giving teams a chance to win offensively and has a very long track record.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Cook or Long who manned up and said, "I don't blame them, I played like shiat"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before @SonnyCID tells me about the lone Seahawks SB three seasons ago.

I say the Hawks got lucky drafting Wilson.

Had they known he would have been the player he turned out to be they would not have waited until the 3rd. round to draft him unless they were stupid.

I'll give you this much however Coach Pete, had the sense to let the guy compete. Luck for him there was not any real competition at the position or who the hell knows.

Wilson would have been off the board if Andy Reid stuck to his guns. Super lucky Reid went in a different direction in the 2nd hoping RW would fall to him in the third. I would agree Hawks got lucky getting RW.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson was thought to be even close to the QB that he has become, there is now way any organization waits to the third round to draft him.

I do understand, at the time the Seahawks organization was criticized for drafting the 'short' QB in the third when Wilson was projected to go a round or so later, but that's beside the point.

If not luck chf, than why wouldn't an organization draft their franchise QB in the first round and not risk someone getting him before you get a second or in this case a third chance at him?

At the very least if you draft in the first, you get the guy for 5 years under the rookie contract, if you so choose.

They rolled the dice. They won. I'll bet that they had some anxious moments late round 2, through 3, it was the Eagles if memory serves that were pretty high on him too.

NOBODY had him graded as a first rounder based on the usual metrics.

I'm not a big college guy, so I didn't know boo about him. But from the first pre-season game, you could just see the intangibles rolling off the guy. The poise. Rookie commanding the huddle of a pro team. By the fourth pre-season game, I'd compared him potentially to Flutie, a guy I'd watched play here locally for a bit.

I'd have been happy with that. Of course him having a higher ceiling than that was just a bonus.

At any rate, I've already agreed that there was some luck involved.

But Schneider, imo, doesn't get nearly enough credit, even among Seahawk fans. The guy has been really really good.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They rolled the dice. They won. I'll bet that they had some anxious moments late round 2, through 3, it was the Eagles if memory serves that were pretty high on him too.

NOBODY had him graded as a first rounder based on the usual metrics.

I'm not a big college guy, so I didn't know boo about him. But from the first pre-season game, you could just see the intangibles rolling off the guy. The poise. Rookie commanding the huddle of a pro team. By the fourth pre-season game, I'd compared him potentially to Flutie, a guy I'd watched play here locally for a bit.

I'd have been happy with that. Of course him having a higher ceiling than that was just a bonus.

At any rate, I've already agreed that there was some luck involved.

But Schneider, imo, doesn't get nearly enough credit, even among Seahawk fans. The guy has been really really good.

Eagles FO thought RW wasn't on anybodies radar which is why they passed in the second round thinking he'll fall to them in the third. Missed that one. PC/JS should get ton of credit and if certain Hawks fans can't see that then they don't understand how the process works to build a SB contending team.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising at all. Rams had some of the worst contracts in pro sports. All 3 players were vastly overpaid, though Long might actually make someone's NFL roster at a lower salary.
What do you think the market value of Lauranaitus is? He wouldn't be a downgrade in Atlanta skill-wise.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading a story where Pete had contacted someone in the Viking's organization who had worked with Fran. They both agreed that Wilson had similar traits and thought he was a very good gamble in the 3rd. I've always liked his play, he is what I like most about the Seahawks. Also his hand size is abnormal for his height, similar to a guy 6'4" so he has less risk than some of the typical 'short' QB's of the past who have had trouble hanging on to the ball in scrambling situations.

I think his height is actually an advantage with his skill set.... When he runs he stay's VERY low to the ground and it helps big time avoiding injuries.... And yeah he does have GIANT hands.... I saw him in person at training camp and his hands look abnormal for his size.... It looks like he had Michael Jordan's hands surgically implanted.... lol

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see both Long & JL being productive players while in a rotation. But their days as an every-down player, are long gone.
I could see Keim and BA taking a serious look at both of them. The Cards have a track record for bringing in a player many felt was all but done and getting solid production out of them. If they can be acquired for the right price they would be worth the chance.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the market value of Lauranaitus is? He wouldn't be a downgrade in Atlanta skill-wise.
His skill set is on the same level as AJ Hawk. Both are consistent but not explosive players.