• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams clean house.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid backup.

He's a starter in this league....he just isn't a 3 down player any longer like the Ram's used him.

Lauranaitus played more snaps this season than any LB in football. In fact he took the field for the 3rd most snaps among all defensive players.

Get him in a situation where he is a 2 down player and he will be a solid addition for some club.

He has MN ties so I am hoping my Vikes sign him this offseason. We can kick Kendrick's out to WLB where he belongs in our base and take out Lauranaitus when we go to the nickel (and teams are in nickel as much as they are in their base defense these days).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a starter in this league....he just isn't a 3 down player any longer like the Ram's used him.

Lauranaitus played more snaps this season than any LB in football. In fact he took the field for the 3rd most snaps among all defensive players.

Get him in a situation where he is a 2 down player and he will be a solid addition for some club.

He has MN ties so I am hoping my Vikes sign him this offseason. We can kick Kendrick's out to WLB where he belongs in our base and take out Lauranaitus when we go to the nickel (and teams are in nickel as much as they are in their base defense these days).
I kinda think he is done to be honest. Plug him in as a backup and he is fine but he gets washed out easily in run support and doesn't have the range needed to play MLB. Rams defense was like a tasty donut last year. Strong up front and in the back but a big hole in the middle.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting moves, Got to think Laurinitis gets signed by another team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Fisher fan, but I'm not going to hate the guy either.

Whoever was in on the Greg Robinson LT Auburn at #2 overall selection is who I am blaming and hating. Sammy Watkins would have been nice there and helped this team much more.

Why anyone would draft a LT from a college that ran the ball 85% of the time and thought he could learn to pass block in the NFC West should get dry humped by @Doublejive

Our offense isn't going to be balanced until we get an Oline that can pass block. And a QB that can scramble as well. ;)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only does he still have a job but the Rams are rebuilding to a certain degree right now so he is effectively on the 2nd rebuilding effort on the same team.

How often does that happen for a team that can't find a winning season?

There are two guys in the NFL that are made of teflon...Jeff Fisher and Thomas Dimitroff.

With Dimitroff...I get it a little bit...he's a smooth talker, doesn't defer, takes responsibility, somehow he endeared himself to Dan Quinn...that's really the only reason I can see he still has that job.

Fisher...at least on paper...the pre-'15 moves had to give hope. Jumping on the Foles' extension...not sure if that was Fisher or not....but, after the season and the move west, why not wipe the slate clean...new HC, new QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Fisher fan, but I'm not going to hate the guy either.

Whoever was in on the Greg Robinson LT Auburn at #2 overall selection is who I am blaming and hating. Sammy Watkins would have been nice there and helped this team much more.

Why anyone would draft a LT from a college that ran the ball 85% of the time and thought he could learn to pass block in the NFC West should get dry humped by @Doublejive

Our offense isn't going to be balanced until we get an Oline that can pass block. And a QB that can scramble as well. ;)

More than a few comments about Robinson...'might be a better OG'...'probably will start out at RT'

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a few comments about Robinson...'might be a better OG'...'probably will start out at RT'

...and the intent was start him at OG and/or RT until Jake Long blew up again. They still could move him inside to LG, but that opens up an expensive hole at LT. He seems to have the ability, but needs to be coached up (according to various players and coaches).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still makes tackles, they're just 7-8 yards downfield instead of plugging holes early. He doesn't shed blocks very well anymore either. I'm not sure those issues get fixed by taking him out on 3rd down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the intent was start him at OG and/or RT until Jake Long blew up again. They still could move him inside to LG, but that opens up an expensive hole at LT. He seems to have the ability, but needs to be coached up (according to various players and coaches).

Beachum is a not a prototypical LT size, but worked his way up to being a starter...has a fighter type attitude which you like to see in a OT, but normally find in OGs...point...PIT offered an extension...he decided to test the market and blew up his ACL...AVil has taken over the LT job in PIT...Beachum might be cheap.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the market value of Lauranaitus is? He wouldn't be a downgrade in Atlanta skill-wise.
As a 3-4 ILB or 4-3 OLB who wasn't asked to play more than 75% of snaps i'd guestimate $2.7M in 2016 and $2.3M in 2017. He's an adequate fill-in short-term. He's not a $5.775M MLB which is why the Rams released him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually just as bad on the inside, IIRC. He then complained about the difficulty of learning 2 positions but they just figured that the more reps at LT, the better. He has to be one of those players that looks awesome in practice and then just loses something when he steps on the field to play a real game.

I also thought he was a Guard coming out. My NFL comparison for him was Mike Iupati. I was on the Rams need a QB bandwagon that year. I did an NFL mock draft on this board where I got Sammy Watkins and Blake Bortles with my 2 first round picks. No Aaron Donald but people were wise to him being good on here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the market value of Lauranaitus is? He wouldn't be a downgrade in Atlanta skill-wise.

Maybe not a downgrade, he'd have to be an OLB in Quinn's scheme...Idt he has the footspeed to cover, or blitz...no better than Durant really.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still makes tackles, they're just 7-8 yards downfield instead of plugging holes early. He doesn't shed blocks very well anymore either. I'm not sure those issues get fixed by taking him out on 3rd down.

Yep, the guy pretty much gives up on the play if you get a block on him. He is two down player like mentioned early, the Rams put on the field way too much.

Cody Royle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be angry if I find out the Giants, with Spagnuolo, aren't calling Laurinaitis every day. With Jon Beason retiring there's a massive gap at Mike Linebacker and we could use a guy who knows Spags' intricate defensive scheme.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but, after the season and the move west, why not wipe the slate clean...new HC, new QB.

I think the idea is to try not looking like utter dog shit the first few years in LA. The fans there are very fickle and if they went directly into rebuild mode it might stop any momentum the move gained them. I think they give Fisher 2-3 years to produce a decent team and then boot him if he can't.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea is to try not looking like utter dog shit the first few years in LA. The fans there are very fickle and if they went directly into rebuild mode it might stop any momentum the move gained them. I think they give Fisher 2-3 years to produce a decent team and then boot him if he can't.

Yeah, he won't be around when the new stadium opens if he doesn't have this team at the very least a playoff contender.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he won't be around when the new stadium opens if he doesn't have this team at the very least a playoff contender.
Agreed, if they aren't at least in the wild card hunt late in the season in a couple years he's gone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure they will do this, but you're right....A flat out dud of a team is not what they want to re-introduce themselves with.

I don't know how this will work out, but RG3 makes sense out there. #15...Stanley or Conklin...#43 Maybe take another Mich St. prospect as competition, Connor Cook...#45...Braxton Miller or Hunter Henry...Rams should get 2 to 3 impact players from this draft.

I think Fisher has to win 9 or 10 games to be retained.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but he keeps sticking around. The Rams basically have the option to fully retool their defense right now. Keeping him on this year means that Fisher's imprint is on the team for a long time regardless of whether he is coaching.