• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quarterback Talk NFL Draft: Who is the best? Who is under the radar?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you know now? Rate them after they have proved their worth - or not!

Lawrence could be the next Brock Osweiler!!!!!

• Good arm strength
  • Quick release
  • Does a good job of pushing the ball downfield
  • Scrambling ability
  • Quickness
  • Throws well on the run
  • Not afraid of getting hit
  • Has the potential for superb field vision
  • Scheme versatility; can fit West Coast or pro-style offense
  • Opens up mismatches for teammates with dual-threat nature
All In Hair Flip GIF by Clemson Tigers
and great hair

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched him a bit and I'm not sure I agree with Kellen Mond being a 3rd to 4th rounder. Ball placement and mid range accuracy is pretty good and thats the base for a good QB. He is a mess when it comes to staring guys down, he can sometimes be late when throwing but I think he at least has the tools to work with as a project QB. I'd guess someone will draft him in rd2 and stash him for a year or two.

I think Trask is the line where you're looking at a solid backup QB.

Trey Lance is the biggest gamble in the whole draft. After seeing Trubisky bust, I'll be curious to see if anyone bites on a prospect with Lance's sample size.
So far, I have recently reviewed four out of the five. I did review Lance back in early January or December.

My rankings so far: Wilson, Lawrence, Fields, and then Jones. Lance will most likely be ranked #5.

Wilson - He does everything well, just like Lawrence and Fields, but the ability to make accurate Josh Allen/Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes-est throws, puts him with the slight edge.
Lawrence - Physical tools are there. His ability to make tight window throws are a bit questionable.
Fields - Beyond the Indiana and Northwestern games, he's been pretty spot-on as a quarterback. I was surprised I liked him so much.
Jones - Quick decision-maker, throws come in with timing and accuracy. My only knock he's too much of a stature quarterback.

All four of these will probably be superstars, IF they go to a program which properly coaches them and provides for them weapons.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the love for this class. Lawrence regressed last year, Wilson and Lance play vs scrubs, Fields is a one read and run QB and every Bama QB has the best OL, Wrs and RBs in the country on his team

If I had to id go Lawrence but the fact those 5 guys are all likely to go top 10 really tells you how over the top teams are now on drafting QBs

None of them besides Lawrence would be in the top 20 on my big board
Please pick QB at 4 Atl :hope: :hope: :hope:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also my personal sleeper was and always was jamie newman, but with him opting out, just crushed it... he needed to clean some things up in his game........could be a steal to sit for a two years, a year whatever
seinfeld-saying-newman-meme-1432838940.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also my personal sleeper was and always was jamie newman, but with him opting out, just crushed it... he needed to clean some things up in his game........could be a steal to sit for a two years, a year whatever

He's truly under the radar as a result and could be a steal for a team that has a few years to develop him. He could sit behind someone like Ryan, Stafford, Brady, Goff, or even Wilson if they are ultimately going to deal him. He may need more than a year learning, especially after losing any development time last year (unless he was training with a pro QB guru last year after opting out).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably one of the better QB rankings I've seen so far
10/10 Highly Recommend

I'm not sure how much you watch his channel but his commentary on Zach Wilson is interesting. He is basically saying that he plays hero ball and gets away with things because of his level of competition that SEC QBs and certainly NFL QBs can't get away with. Says he is either going through his progressions wrong or sometimes just missing TDs or having INTs bailed out because his competition stinks. A guy like that should be drafted high because of his traits but you put a gunslinger on the Jets and you're still going to have to surround him with talent and reign him in.

Coming out of college, the knock on Mahomes was whether he could play under structure. When plays broke down and he was outside of the pocket, well, he is Mahomes. But in the pocket in college he looked like he might be an INT machine and he sat a year. I'm sure you can still find the 'Mahomes throws a bunch of INTs in practice' threads that had people worried about his decision making. Matt Stafford was another gunslinger and he struggled in year 1, got hurt year 2, and then blew up in year 3 with the help of Megatron. I'm not quite sure Wilson has the same arm talent as these guys but he might actually be a better runner.

Regardless, Wilson is definitely the most interesting QB to watch in this draft imo.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a fair amount of Kellen Mond and I would be shocked if he developed into a good NFL QB. He has all the tools but he is slow in processing reads and I think he will get crushed by NFL defenses. I could be proven wrong, we shall see, but I doubt it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a lot of highlight films of this crop of QB's.

What I keep seeing is bad defensive plays.

I'd like to see what these kids lowlight films look like.

Nobody threw 100 percent touchdowns - what did the rest of the plays look like?????

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we just restructured Ryan and then take QB I am officially becoming a free agent fan

Yeah not a lot of people realize it but the Falcons basically locked in Ryan being on the team in 2022 this offseason. They would take a $40M dead cap hit next year if they cut him. And they would take that dead cap hit and only save a measly $8M against the cap.

Phili took a $33M hit with Wentz this offseason.....but they also got draft picks out of the situation.

Highly doubtful the Falcons take a QB early because of that.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a lot of highlight films of this crop of QB's.

What I keep seeing is bad defensive plays.

I'd like to see what these kids lowlight films look like.

Nobody threw 100 percent touchdowns - what did the rest of the plays look like?????

On youtube you can find a lot of for instance Alabama offense vs clemson defense and just get to see every offensive snap of a team in a certain game. A lot more inciteful than a highlight reel.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3