• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QBs that will get cut

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm all for bringing in Culpepper as a vet backup.

Then let the best QB play, period, whether that be Alex, Kap or Culpepper.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the vet backup. I'm surprised they don't have one already, but Culpepper has gotta be 50 years old for pete's sake. I think this late in the game Harbaugh should throw his weight behind Smith. Showing some confidence in Smith may help Smith get some confidence in himself.

I think bringing in a vet who will be even farther behind the curve will cause the 49ers to have a slow start. I hear what you are saying about Smith though. As soon as he has a bad outing, or maybe even a bad half the fans at the game are gonna be all over him.

What if he feels like Culpepper isn't a challenge to him, but to the 3rd QB. Since the off season started, there has been talk about how we shouldn't go into the season with 2 rookie back ups. Which is true, it wouldn't be the smartest thing.

In your eyes, what makes Culpepper more of a risk, than any other vet we would bring in at 3? If he sucks he is only the 3rd QB, If he is better than Alex, he SHOULD challenge him. That's a good thing, It makes the team better. Alex isn't more important than the team.

It's good for Keap too. if he struggles early, but is our best option, would you say we run the risk of ruining him too?

I think Alex already knows his standing. He knows he is on thin ice, and there is a lot of pressure here. He is going to do his best regardless. Culpepper shouldn't change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think if Culpepper can pickup the playbook and regain a bit of his old form he can easily challenge Alex for the starting job.

Culpepper is not afraid to make big throws downfield and I'm not sure if Alex has the arm to do so or if he's gotten over his hesitation to do so.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we're talking about Culpepper having a chance at starting, then we as a franchise are in a terrible position for the season. IMO.

Rather see Prime roll out and win us games!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper is also great at throwing INTs. Culpepper has had 3 good seasons in his entire career and that was a looooong time ago. He had more picks than TDs in the UFL as well. I wouldn't mind getting a laugh or two at his expense during pre-season though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon went 1 of 10 for 29 yards passing in their pre-season game so he showed up for that kind of haha. He also had 2 rushes for 17 yards.

Kings of The West

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think so, which is why I think he may get cut. He is young with upside, but probibly a stretch.