• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QBs that will get cut

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is there any vet QBs that you think will get cut or could be traded for for a 6th round draft pick, that we should go after?

We need a vet 3rd QB. Smith will probably start week 1 but if he gets injured not sure if Kap is ready to start, and even if Kap is ready who's gonna back him up?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in what olinemen might get cut. They keep playing like this and we will be down to a RB playing QB.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is there any vet QBs that you think will get cut or could be traded for for a 6th round draft pick, that we should go after?

We need a vet 3rd QB. Smith will probably start week 1 but if he gets injured not sure if Kap is ready to start, and even if Kap is ready who's gonna back him up?

Charlie Batch, perhaps?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's lots of O-linemen that got cut already.
Salary cap casualties, guys who are on the wrong side of 30 getting paid too much.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the belief that we now need to build our team through the draft and buy our OL because we have not shown the ability to draft effectively with OL (Iupati excluded....and sort of Staley but he looked horrible tonight....maybe just bad communication in CONSTANT blitz pickup) and our team will continue to struggle until we do.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Quinn.....

LOL

I seriously doubt he gets cut, but if he does for some reason i would love for Harbs to get his hands on him and try to develop him into at least a solid back up. Apparently he's looked better than Tebow in camp, all though i've never been a fan of the "over hyped" Tebow.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, Quinn should bring him out of the woodwork. haha

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I hear they are bringing in Culpeppper. I hope not. Undermining Smith's confidence is not the thing to do right now in my opinion. I would think Harbaugh, of all people, should know that teams with QB controversies rarely do well.

With Smith starting, there is going to be a QB controversy regardless. The pressure for a change is going to be there the second he struggles in a game.

If the Vet we bring in is better than Culpepper do you have the same concerns? or is it mostly the fact that Culpepper isn't an upgrade? What if he comes in accepting the back up role?

I think we need to bring in a vet back up either way, and I think there is going to be controversy either way.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Smith starting, there is going to be a QB controversy regardless. The pressure for a change is going to be there the second he struggles in a game.

If the Vet we bring in is better than Culpepper do you have the same concerns? or is it mostly the fact that Culpepper isn't an upgrade? What if he comes in accepting the back up role?

I think we need to bring in a vet back up either way, and I think there is going to be controversy either way.

Agreed on the vet backup. I'm surprised they don't have one already, but Culpepper has gotta be 50 years old for pete's sake. I think this late in the game Harbaugh should throw his weight behind Smith. Showing some confidence in Smith may help Smith get some confidence in himself.

I think bringing in a vet who will be even farther behind the curve will cause the 49ers to have a slow start. I hear what you are saying about Smith though. As soon as he has a bad outing, or maybe even a bad half the fans at the game are gonna be all over him.