• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB transfers

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people are crazy stating that QBs who are benched should be shamed for transferring. "They want things handed to them." "They don't want to have to compete."
Nonsense.

So, Mack chooses Colt as the starter and he has initial success. So, you know he's going to start next year and take all the first team reps, etc.

Is some other talented qb supposed to say, "Well, this one coach made a decision that guy is better than me at 19 years old. Well ok. I guess I'll just ride the bench, get my degree, become an accountant. No need to try to get on the field and fulfill my lifelong dreams of being a college qb or possibly making it to the NFL. This one coach made this one decision when I'm 19. I'll just live with it."

Y'all are dumb if you think it's weak to transfer.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these two agree, then I'll take the safe bet and say I disagree. :suds:

Superirish25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
college football is turning into free agency, I thinks that is the problem so people have with it. Personally I think kids should be allowed to transfer whenever they want!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree for the most part, but let's take ole Jacob Coker for instance. Transfers FROM FSU to Alabama and then STILL loses out on starting...

Guess what? Had he stayed at FSU he'd be the likely starter this year, and now it appears that he'll be riding the pine behind Sims next year again (Well, I guess that isn't etched in stone, but... )

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree for the most part, but let's take ole Jacob Coker for instance. Transfers FROM FSU to Alabama and then STILL loses out on starting...

Guess what? Had he stayed at FSU he'd be the likely starter this year, and now it appears that he'll be riding the pine behind Sims next year again (Well, I guess that isn't etched in stone, but... )

Sims is gone

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be... Didn't realize he was a Senior :doh:... Wonder if Coker will get the job then.. :scratch:

Not if he can't learn to release the ball faster.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did compete. They got beat. They still want to play. So they go somewhere where they can.

What's the big deal?

I see it all the time in business. You feel like you deserve a promotion and raise. They give it to someone else. You move to another company that offers the same opportunity.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
college football is turning into free agency, I thinks that is the problem so people have with it. Personally I think kids should be allowed to transfer whenever they want!

Completely disagree. The reason they have to sit out a year is to prevent the "free agency" type of transferring.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I think there are a lot of instances of players transferring when they could've earned the spot had they stayed at their original school. If the guy that won the job and is going to hold onto it younger than the backup I don't see an issue with the QB leaving. But, why leave and sit out a year only to compete for a job at a new school in a new system with a new playbook, when you could stay in school, sit behind the starter, keep learning the playbook and scouting teams in your conference and learning and then compete for the job at that school when the starter graduates? Lots of people go from competing at one school to sitting out a year (not competing) and then competing. Very rarely do transfers get starting jobs right away. But, I see nothing wrong with that. The guy from Texas that went to SMU? (Garrett Gilbert maybe?) made a great decision and I'm sure he's happy with it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can Texas get one of these 'graduated' guys who can help us immediately this upcoming season?

If we can, then I'm all for this transfer stuff.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is February 15 for the Spring Semester. But that may have changed.:noidea:

Coker didn't get to Alabama until the summer, but he had to graduate before transfering so that might have been part of it. Normal transfers pretty much always have to sit out a year.

The sooner the better for sure. The general thought is his late transfer was a big factor in why he got beat out for the job. And the new recruits who enroll early also get a huge head start over those who don't show up until summer.