• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care what round a guy is drafted in, it is all about productivity. They can either play or they can't. Some 5 stars in college sports suck and some 2 or 3 stars become great.

Call me a homer but I loved our first pick and I do not think he is a reach. No telling what he could have done with a good QB and a good team. The fact that they got two more picks helped offset the Wentz trade. Dotson is fast, versatile and catches the ball.

Todays NFL is a 4 or 5 year league. If you find someone that can play for long "winner, winner chicken dinner." Phil Mathis, Brian Robinson and even Gibson may fit that mold. I loved Ironman and hated to see him go but this the NFL. They got 6 good years out of him. They just saved $4 million. Settle was barely playing. Reports I heard were they tried to do the same with Settle as McKissic. Once he got a contract offer they were going to match it but Settle said "no thanks." I still would have liked to have had Brisker but RR and MM decided otherwise.

Robinson in some ways is your new Peyton Barber. We could not pick up 3rd or 4th and short to save our ass last year. I commented on that many times last year. Robinson is younger and I think a little more versatile. They have lightning in Gibson, a pass catcher in McKissic and now a bigger back in Robinson.

Butler is a development package. Looked great on special teams. Great speed. This team is getting faster.

Sam Howell in the 5th round. Potential is great, not promised.

I would grade the draft a B- leaning towards a B.

Good post. I agree with all of your points. This draft class will produce early except for Howell.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts. I kind of like the idea of getting players that y’all hadn’t been clamoring over, because it seems in the past that our drafts always got those players, and redskins didn’t get much better. It’s almost like the players were drafted based on a kiper board or such in the past.

The qb in the fifth round was very much worth the spot. Great value. I also like the fact as far as I can tell all the picks speak English

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's even talking about the psychology of the new players NFL teams have to adjust to the if things don't work out in 1 year I am going to portal bunch and the I got paid more with N.I.L then I do with NFL base salary bunch the me me me crowd is coming folks owners and GM,s need to stand there ground if you don't like it leave I don't give a fuck... Fans have to adjust to .. i put this here because it a thought and it's true

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first Tim settle was drafted in round 5
second ionman was drafted in round 5 as well
3rd both were drafted at or below the spots they were projected
now if you dont understand why that is important or how a team can be criticized for it then perhaps you can research it and find out why

maybe you should do 3 things , learn and watch college football so you actually know what is being said and why when it comes to the draft
2nd google up players and be accurate at what you speak about
3rd stay out of big boy conversations when you arent prepared for them

now its ok for you to be happy with the draft
its also ok for you to simply hit ignore for my posts if you dont like my content
its also ok for me to dislike the draft , complain as much as i want about anything i deem fit
its not an echo chamber here

Complaining endlessly about things you know nothing about and arent privvy to isnt having a big boy conversation, it’s being annoying.

I would doubt very much that Ionnidis was drafted below where he was expected to, though Settle might have been.

Secondly, nobody has to learn to watch anything, let alone college football, which I find as boring as pro basketball, frankly.

Thirdly, as somebody who has played, coached, and watched plenty of football on all levels, there is literally nothing I need to do to comment on the absolute garbage opinions that you have that are based on poorly constructed research, shallow opinions, and / or perhaps more probably, neither.

Finally, its also ok for you to be called to the carpet for doing exactly what I have always said you do, in the manner in which you do it. Like you said, its not an echo chamber in here.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“research” is fun.

Here is a website that suggests that ionnidis should be drafted in the sixth or seventh round

Quote from article:
“Final Thoughts

While he has the weight-room strength, Matt Ioannidis’s inability to push the pocket and be a multi-dimensional player will tank his draft stock.

Look for him to be drafted as early as the sixth round with the chance of slipping into the final picks of the seventh.”

So Ionnidis was drafted ahead of where he should have been, and I would bet that you complained about him then, as vociferously as you are complaining now.

You arent a maverick. You arent going against the echo chamber. You’re a hypocrite, and a boring cliche.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the tweet i shared yesterday let me fix the the draft order for the over reacher crowd..

1 Qb Sam Howells
2 Wr Dotson
3 Rb Robinson
4 Te Turner
5 cb Holmes
5 Og Paul
7 S. Butler
7. DT Mathis

This might help the over reach people in here The New Commander draft Order. DON'T THIS LOOK BETTER PROBLEM SOLVED

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obada Sweat Young Mathis Payne Allen skindad like oh no Iron Man and Settle gone we are Doomed Christ
Ther is not problem at DT now with the drafting of Mathis. We have JSW and Oakbah for De depth. LB is the issue.
I gotta agree on DT--how is there a problem? You have Allen and Payne as starters. A DT was drafted early to be their backup this year and start when Payne is gone next year.

OTOH, there IS a problem with putting so much draft capital on the DL--the problem is that you will not be able to resign them all.
2017 - 1st (Allen)
2018 - 1st (Payne)
2019 - 1st (Sweat)
2020 - 1st(Young)
2022 - 2nd (Mathis)
When you spend that many high picks on the DL, it means half of them will walk in FA. A FO will know that going in. Allen was drafted first, and he got a new deal. Payne is next up and he will either be traded this year or walk next year. Then the team will probably have to choose between Sweat and Young. Those kinds of losses are inevitable and should be expected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never hear the name Settle and Iron Man again on there teams they went to ... your crush on them shows it's time to move from them they don't make the team better or Worse.. Mathis is much better stopping the run then Iron Man and settle coming out of collage not even close plus This Mathis kid can get to the QB Stop loving players you be surprised what it does we went from Iron Man and Settle to Mathis and That FA DT from Panthers Odbajo or whatever his name is watch him on YouTube I will send a link
They haven’t played for them yet duh

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the tweet i shared yesterday let me fix the the draft order for the over reacher crowd..

1 Qb Sam Howells
2 Wr Dotson
3 Rb Robinson
4 Te Turner
5 cb Holmes
5 Og Paul
7 S. Butler
7. DT Mathis

This might help the over reach people in here The New Commander draft Order. DON'T THIS LOOK BETTER PROBLEM SOLVED
Now maybe you will actually think before you post dumb shit like this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“research” is fun.

Here is a website that suggests that ionnidis should be drafted in the sixth or seventh round

Quote from article:
“Final Thoughts

While he has the weight-room strength, Matt Ioannidis’s inability to push the pocket and be a multi-dimensional player will tank his draft stock.

Look for him to be drafted as early as the sixth round with the chance of slipping into the final picks of the seventh.”

So Ionnidis was drafted ahead of where he should have been, and I would bet that you complained about him then, as vociferously as you are complaining now.

You arent a maverick. You arent going against the echo chamber. You’re a hypocrite, and a boring cliche.
And I can find others that say some different
But let’s play your game redskins players get the benefit of the doubt positively

Commander players do not because they haven’t earned it

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree on DT--how is there a problem? You have Allen and Payne as starters. A DT was drafted early to be their backup this year and start when Payne is gone next year.

OTOH, there IS a problem with putting so much draft capital on the DL--the problem is that you will not be able to resign them all.
2017 - 1st (Allen)
2018 - 1st (Payne)
2019 - 1st (Sweat)
2020 - 1st(Young)
2022 - 2nd (Mathis)
When you spend that many high picks on the DL, it means half of them will walk in FA. A FO will know that going in. Allen was drafted first, and he got a new deal. Payne is next up and he will either be traded this year or walk next year. Then the team will probably have to choose between Sweat and Young. Those kinds of losses are inevitable and should be expected.
You can put that much capital into you dline if you have a good Qb on a rookie deal or you have cheap qb that balls so my guess we might going less capital on DL which will free up more money Mathis will be cheaper then iron man and settle

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven’t played for them yet duh
We will watch the teams where they went to I bet you won't even see them in the game that much or a announcer say there name that's even if they make there roster which they my not ,the flip side is Mathis might not make this team who knows

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be Fair you don't know if he picked the picks made the calls etc etc hell with the lions he could been over ruled who knows
To be fair I do , I live in MI and get all lions news

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put that much capital into you dline if you have a good Qb on a rookie deal or you have cheap qb that balls so my guess we might going less capital on DL which will free up more money Mathis will be cheaper then iron man and settle
It’s a choice

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the rams do it be like 40 mill over get to 0 then go 50 mill over but most team never want to go over cap
The Rams and McVay put more emphasis and money into FA to fill holes. So have many other teams. It's a choice and one that will catch up to them sooner than later.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost 2 DT's and only gained 1 back in the draft and it looks like this is Paynes last year here if something doesn't happen before then and as for DE our pass rush fell off the cliff when Young got injured