• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Controversy?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Jared Abbredaris... "I think we'll be good at that position."

I just can't figure out how the list actually stacks up. Supposedly, Bart Houston was looking really good and has the strongest arm. I really have no idea how McEvoy factors in yet. Do you guys have the dirt, because I haven't really been following JSOnline or Bucky's Fifth Quarter lately. And I'm lazy.

My uninformed prediction.

Stave
McEvoy
Phillips
Houston

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great picture of Rockin' Robin.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a feeling McEvoy will start based on Andersen's comments about always having the read option as a threat.

Stave starting wouldn't surprise me, but Houston starting definitely would.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right, but it dissapoints me if it's the case. A huge part of our success under Paul Chryst was being able to make big plays off the play action. Chryst's offense fit our recruiting base here at home. But Andersen landed another duel threat kid already so... You're probably right, now that I think about it.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should really digress. Andersen has never said that he wants run first QBs, and the more video I look at from spring, the less I worry. Also...McEvoy apparently has an arm. Wow.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either gonna Stave or McEvoy. I'm really hoping that its Stave, but I think it is going to be McEvoy at this point. Tanner has more upside, but with our team the way it is, we just need a solid guy. Stave is exactly that. He's like Tolzien with more speed but a slightly slower release.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Stave was named the starting QB. As i've said before, I really think this was the right decision. He has the arm to keep opposing defenses honest and hopefully open up holes for the running game. Plus, Abby and him have an obvious connection.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Stave was the right decision for the Rose Bowl and he's the right decision now. Love Phillips, but Alvarez's aversion to throwing deep hurt him before Paul Chryst took over the offense. The ability to strike deep was big in 93, toi. Bevell didn't have a canon, but he could get the ball downfield with accuracy and take aadvantage of play action.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is McEvoy going to move to receiver?

Right now, he's the #3 QB, but he is seeing some time lining up at receiver. If Stave plays well and Houston continues to develop, I don't think anyone would be shocked to see him move to receiver full-time. Coach A also said he could occasionally be used on defense, but I have my doubts.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need another reliable receiver.