• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB controversy in Philly??

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This QB draft class is ugly. I'd stay away from drafting anyone round 1 or 2.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Bryce Petty has not looked good at the early Senior Bowl practices I've watched on the NFL Network. It's disappointing.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Bryce Petty has not looked good at the early Senior Bowl practices I've watched on the NFL Network. It's disappointing.

I think the guys we need to look at as a true Plan B for Petty would be Garrett Grayson and Sean Mannion. Although if we are still able to snag Petty in round 3, I would be ok with that. I am getting more enamored with Grayson each day I watch film however. And it would be an easy transition for him. He can bring his helmet with him!! :agree:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the area, Philly's starter next year will be Nick, even if they somehow get MM, he'll sit the year and learn. Chip likes Nick and he's a solid player. I don't think the team as a whole is on the rise. They really need to improve their defense if they want to compete.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the guys we need to look at as a true Plan B for Petty would be Garrett Grayson and Sean Mannion. Although if we are still able to snag Petty in round 3, I would be ok with that. I am getting more enamored with Grayson each day I watch film however. And it would be an easy transition for him. He can bring his helmet with him!! :agree:

It's going to be a similar issue for any of these spread QBs though. A few days of practice with unfamiliar WRs in a different offense isn't going to bring good results.

I like Grayson as well, not so sure about Mannion.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Grayson as well, not so sure about Mannion.

Mannion is a pro style QB and the offense was about the only thing good at Oregon St in 2014!! Mannion is projected as a 5th rounder.

My preferences, in order, are Petty,Grayson,Carden,Mannion... Jake Waters!! (had to throw a KSU guy in there!!):whistle:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we've seen in recent years, any QB drafted on day 3 of the draft has very little chance of becoming a successful starter in this league. Being projected as a 5th rounder basically means you have a shot at maybe sticking as a backup.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are Tom Brady, Shopson. Drafted on day three in the sixth round by New England.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the reports are real and widespread that the Rams are talking to the Eagles (among other teams doing so) about the availability of Nick Foles... I could see us maybe flipping first rounders and taking Foles. But that is about all I would do other than maybe a 3rd rounder./

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles?

I read today that the Eagles may be willing to trade Nick Foles away and the Rams are one of the teams interested. The Titans and Texans seem to be the others in the small spot I read. The Eagles are trying to get up to pick up the Ducks QB and they have the #20 in the draft. Unless a huge deal with the Titans can be assembled to #2, the Eagles will probably have to go up twice. The Rams at #10 is a nice step. What ya think?:noidea:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think QBs are falling in this draft because of how important they are. Teams rather draft surer less risky players early (also money reasons)

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles. The Titans have the higher draft pick so we may not be able to outbid them.

The Rams front office will probably hold on to its draft picks.

The only serious scenario that I think will get the Eagles to make a deal with us is to offer players in positions of need for them. Fortunately, we have depth at those positions - Cornerback and Safety.

For discussion - Would the Rams consider sending Janoris Jenkins as part of a deal to the Eagles for Foles?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things are shaking out. So many teams need QBs. Ironically it makes Bradford look pretty good. Considering what's available.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles. The Titans have the higher draft pick so we may not be able to outbid them.

The Rams front office will probably hold on to its draft picks.

The only serious scenario that I think will get the Eagles to make a deal with us is to offer players in positions of need for them. Fortunately, we have depth at those positions - Cornerback and Safety.

For discussion - Would the Rams consider sending Janoris Jenkins as part of a deal to the Eagles for Foles?

I would not give them any players especially Jenkins. I think I would swap first round picks with them for Foles. We should still be able to get a starter with the 20th pack and then another starter in the second round. I would rather do that then give them our second round pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Foles would be an O.K. backup but this is just not going to end positively for the Rams methinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think QBs are falling in this draft because of how important they are. Teams rather draft surer less risky players early (also money reasons)

No they are falling because it's a very weak class. In other words they suck or have a lot of?'s

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the reports are real and widespread that the Rams are talking to the Eagles (among other teams doing so) about the availability of Nick Foles... I could see us maybe flipping first rounders and taking Foles. But that is about all I would do other than maybe a 3rd rounder./

Yeah I would think about swapping first-round picks too. It works for both teams the Rams get a quarterback and just move back 10 spots. the Eagles will be setting at 10 and now could move up for MM. Don't think it'll happen though.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks retro for seeing my thread here and not creating two threads on the same subject. To answer a question of discussion from the other thread, I would not under ANY circumstances send players to Philly as part of this deal. THEY are the ones who want to move up. I think the offer you will see with ANY team will start with swapping first round picks and sending Foles to the other team. That is all I would do as the Rams GM. Now if it turned into Foles, Lane Johnson and a pick swap, THEN I would definitely include Janoris Jenkins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but there might be a little bit of Kurt Warner in Nick Foles. He puts the ball into play and when his receivers make plays then Foles looks like a hero and when they don't then he just looks like some dude.

The going rate for QBs like that is probably a 2nd rounder. A swap from #10 to #20 is roughly a mid 2nd rounder using the trade value chart.

Seems legit.