• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pure comedy

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't even recalled seeing the guy make a play in a year and a half.

I know. Remember, he was on the short term IR last year and then didn't really play after that. This year he's not getting much run either. Only 7 snaps last week.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions would be A LOT better w Suh. He masked all these guys weaknesses. The guys Gandy names are just bodies. Suh is the only guy this team truly misses and the proof is in the pudding. 31st ranked run D half way through the season at 1-7.

So, are the guys with him in Miami just bodies? Rob I love talking football with you. Its impossible when Suh is involved. He is awesome and he or no guy can do it alone.

you questioned Mikes knowledge of the DT. You make me want to question yours of the unit as a hole. Which I know I don't because I've read what you speak of with what Suh gave this defense with all involved. Keeping Levy clean to make league leading tackles. Less time for Slay or Mathis to cover. Taking double teams to free up the others on the front.

Those bodies I spoke of like Mosley being stout against the run beside him. ( I'm thinking even though I'm not a Fairley fan, his run defense with Suh was better than Suh with Mosley stat wise)
The other ten being sure tacklers last year for many TFL and stops on 3rd and 4th downs when teams ran away from Suh's side. Johnson getting his sacks at very key moments in the game. They made those tackles not Suh. Just cause players are freed up doesn't mean a guy is tackled. That process has to still be performed

Slay and Mathis breaking up passes that have nothing to do with time of covering a guy. Pass breakups are still breakups whether it's after covering two or seven seconds. Digs and Quin creating turnovers Suh did not create.

No need to say these things. You know them already. It takes 11 Rob, you know it. You're actually making Suh look worse by saying these broad statements without giving any credit to the other guys from last year. You're saying the Dolphins defense has weaker players and he can't mask them. That Dolphins defense is better than the Lions, but suck something terrible with him this year. Prolly should hire Austin next year. They're a great duo.

We both thought that defense would be better with Suh. It's not even close to better so far this year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Remember, he was on the short term IR last year and then didn't really play after that. This year he's not getting much run either. Only 7 snaps last week.

Yeah, I don't get it. Thought this guy was supposed to be good. Looking like another Mayhew 2nd round delight

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10. I was going to say 3-13, but I remembered that Stafford has this habit of pulling Ws out of his ass. There's no reason to think he won't do so about 3 times this season.

I was obviously out of my mind.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to say these things. You know them already. It takes 11 Rob, you know it. You're actually making Suh look worse by saying these broad statements without giving any credit to the other guys from last year. You're saying the Dolphins defense has weaker players and he can't mask them. That Dolphins defense is better than the Lions, but suck something terrible with him this year. Prolly should hire Austin next year. They're a great duo.

We both thought that defense would be better with Suh. It's not even close to better so far this year.

100 stars for that.

If what Swarm was saying was even close to true, Miami would be a top 3 defense. Not only are they not better, they suck. He actually made them worse. The only player change from last year is that Delmas is out. I don't think anyone will say Delmas makes that defense so one can only conclude they are worse with Suh. 20 mil a year and they went backwards.

Seriously, the stupid Suh crap needs to stop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't faced one of the easiest schedules. They had a shitty HC and fired him.

Why you think Suh would be the same player here now w the same stats idkw.

Prior to New England -- they had the 31st ranked schedule after 7 weeks. That is why before the season many were saying Miami could be 6-0 or 5-1 going into the NE game. When the best QB you faced thru the 1st 7 weeks of the season is Blake Bortles -- you've had an easy schedule.:L

As far as a shitty HC? Didn't he play for a shitty HC last year? Caldwell, like Philbin, have never held a job relating to the defense. So if you are going to place blame -- you may want to look at the DC more than the HC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you think Suh would be the same player here now w the same stats idkw.

The thing you can't seem to grasp is -- Suh is only as good as the players around him. I'd think you would figure this out, as the Lions were average to mediocre for 4 years with Suh, before last season happened.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 stars for that.

If what Swarm was saying was even close to true, Miami would be a top 3 defense. Not only are they not better, they suck. He actually made them worse. The only player change from last year is that Delmas is out. I don't think anyone will say Delmas makes that defense so one can only conclude they are worse with Suh. 20 mil a year and they went backwards.

Seriously, the stupid Suh crap needs to stop.

I think you are also missing my point. Suh by no means sucks. Put the money aside. He is a beast and to think anything else, I got nothing for you OL.

I have been saying all off season and in no way picking at Suh. I never agreed with Swarm, Jayfan, Laker, Smitty, Fog or anybody else that said Suh made the defense. He was the best player on a great defense, he lead that unit, he doesn't make a defense. It takes team work and right guys with the right coach. I will never waiver from this thought process. Golf, singles tennis and wrestling are the only sports when one person wins alone.

You look back at any dominant team from any sport. The supporting cast was key. Otherwise Micheal Jordan wins a title every year.

Suh did not make them worse, the supporting cast and Suh are not the right 11.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing you can't seem to grasp is -- Suh is only as good as the players around him. I'd think you would figure this out, as the Lions were average to mediocre for 4 years with Suh, before last season happened.

Lol you and those like you are hopeless. You picked this team to win 9 games. Gandy picked then to win 10. You should post less and read more. You might learn something.

Just promise to keep posting everyday when I own your avatar for life.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you and those like you are hopeless. You picked this team to win 9 games. Gandy picked then to win 10. You should post less and read more. You might learn something.

How many wins did you have the Dolphins at? Rob everthing you say about us with the Lions is every stupid thing you stated about the Dolphins.

Don't use that "I was a new fan" shit either. Otherwise you're not as smart about the entire sport as you always say. You really really make me laugh at the stuff you post without thinking it through first.

I'm just happy Mayhew is gone. Now I never have to read you post about believing his lies. We all look stupid at times. Me with my record of the Lions and you actually believing Suh would be signed by these guys.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many wins did you have the Dolphins at?.

2-1 with their TE coach, only loss to the best team of our lifetimes. Meanwhile the team you picked to win 10 games is 1-10 over the last 11 games.

Move on. It's a new day.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 with their TE coach, only loss to the best team of our lifetimes. Meanwhile the team you picked to win 10 games is 1-10 over the last 11 games.

Move on. It's a new day.

2 wins with Suh you meant right? I love forcing you to deflect instead of just admitting it Rob. First step Rob, first step. Shame they lost with Suh in some of those 11.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 wins with Suh you meant right? I love forcing you to deflect instead of just admitting it Rob. First step Rob, first step. Shame they lost with Suh in some of those 11.

U love annoying me TP style for sure. Filthy habit, Kenny.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Move on. It's a new day.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. All Suh did was sign a contract with the Lions of the AFC. Tell me if you've heard this before? Beat up the bottom feeders, get the fan bases hope up and then reality smacks you in the face when a top team treats you like a high school team.

Suh is playing for Detroit, but with nicer weather.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you like me to get your quotes on Miami after they signed Suh? You said Miami was going to battle NE for the division. If by battle, you meant, embarrassed by NE and 4 games back after 7 games -- then you were spot on.:pound:

And I will be posting -- I still fully believe the Lions will finish with a better rush defense, even with all the injuries they have had. It just sucks that Wake got hurt, because they will probably be better against the run now without him.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will thrive in the right system. Apparently nobody is really reading what Smitty and myself speak of. We don't want a new QB. I've seen him have crazy stat lines. However the elite guys do not have his flaws, flaws that many keep saying will go away. They're here to stay whether that's in Detroit or a different city. I have accepted what he will be... Mediocre
His biggest flaw is his concentration...seems like he zones out and does retarded stuff. When Linehan was there he split the field, look Calvin then check down....he was awesome at that. When he was just playing catch with Calvin he was good. When they decided to lengthen the time with the ball in his hand he went into the shitter. Why? Because the O-line cant protect him. His biggest asset is his arm strength and they cant utilize it because he is sacked too quick. there im done.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like me to get your quotes on Miami after they signed Suh? You said Miami was going to battle NE for the division. If by battle, you meant, embarrassed by NE and 4 games back after 7 games -- then you were spot on.:pound:

And I will be posting -- I still fully believe the Lions will finish with a better rush defense, even with all the injuries they have had. It just sucks that Wake got hurt, because they will probably be better against the run now without him.

So what. I don't follow the Dolphins or anyone else like I do the Lions. I can live with it. I know the Lions way better than you, obviously. That's what is important.