• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Puig

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first 27 games sure has been impressive, and the team has been 16-11 with him playing... Assuming the dodgers keeep the pace of winning with Puig on the team the will be 87-75... That may make the playoffs... If it does it will be fair to claim that it was thanks to Puig...

The only thing that worries me about Puig and his amazing start to his career is that he has only walked 4 times in 112 PA while striking out 22 times...

You're talking about a division where the first place team is barely over .500. Any team that wins 87 games in the NL West is winning the division and making the playoffs.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he continues his hot bat. Many years ago the Pirates had a rookie sensation named Dino Restelli. He was hitting everything in sight. When the reporters asked him about his success, he said "As long as they don't throw me curveballs, i'm ok." You can guess what happened next. He lasted another year and that was that. This kid Puig has been great for LA. Keep it going.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
original.gif

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome catch, awesome player. So happy this guy came to the Dodgers. It was time for a good break for our guys.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about this kid. He's a super star player for sure. But I'm concerned his attitude is going to get him in trouble sooner or later. From his high speed driving escapades to his blowing through 3rd base coach's stop signs; his apparent disdain for the press, to his rudeness to Luis Gonzalez, Puig seems to be developing a track record of questionable behavior. Maybe it is just immaturity that he will grow out of. I hope so. I'd like to see a winning Dodger team that displays excellence both on and off the field. I much prefer being good while being humble to being good with arrogance. That approach usually backfires. The Dodgers need Yasiel Puig. I don't want him making a stupid mistake that either distracts him from playing well or puts him off the team entirely. Yasiel, you have an incredible opportunity that others only dream of -- don't blow it.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about this kid. He's a super star player for sure. But I'm concerned his attitude is going to get him in trouble sooner or later. From his high speed driving escapades to his blowing through 3rd base coach's stop signs; his apparent disdain for the press, to his rudeness to Luis Gonzalez, Puig seems to be developing a track record of questionable behavior. Maybe it is just immaturity that he will grow out of. I hope so. I'd like to see a winning Dodger team that displays excellence both on and off the field. I much prefer being good while being humble to being good with arrogance. That approach usually backfires. The Dodgers need Yasiel Puig. I don't want him making a stupid mistake that either distracts him from playing well or puts him off the team entirely. Yasiel, you have an incredible opportunity that others only dream of -- don't blow it.

You don't need to worry about the attitude of a 22-year-old rookie. He'll get his lumps, learn the hard way, etc. He will be fine.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's a case of Puig being Puig. Time will temper him somewhat, but he's full of vigor right now and probably feels the euphoria of being a free man and playing a game he loves. It' refreshing to see a player who plays like the game and winning or losing really means something. I don't believe there is a team in baseball that wouldn't love to have him on the field. Off the field he has some growing up to do. Don't forget that he is still basically a kid. He will continue to cause a stir, but in the long run I expect him to be a solid person and player.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to an interview with Larry King on The Herd this morning and he said Puig was standoffish to Gonzo because he did not know who he was,then McGwire came over and told him who he was and then he went and talked to him. He is shy around people he does not know, especially because he has not mastered English yet. Give it time.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's all get mad because a 22 year old from Cuba (a nation that doesn't broadcast American anything) didn't know who the star from the World Series was twelve years ago (when he was 10).

Ridiculous "controversies" from lame Arizona writers.

And don't forget, Gonzo was a dick to Matt Kemp when he was on the Dodgers.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzo is another one of the PED users. Didn't he hit 50 HR's one year out of the blue?

Puig will be fine. It's not like he is out killing people.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He truly is Puig-tastic!!!

YasielPuigUltimateBatFlip.gif

If this does not come through, I am both pissed and sorry.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not worried at all, this kid is exactly what the Dodgers needed, I wanted him in the opening day lineup, this team was a zombie squad before he arrived, look at how they are responding now, he's infused energy in this team with his personality and Talent, I could care less if people think he's arrogant or not, he loves the game and it shows..

Go DOYERS!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig didn't come to make friends!! I'm glad there's someone who's more than happy to get in the face of the opponents, what's wrong with some competitiveness? As long as he doesn't affect our chemistry negatively then I'm happy.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Puig screwed up tonight in the 9th inning, but with Rivera coming in to close the game, it wouldn't have made any difference. I'm sure someone will talk to Puig about calling for the ball on pop ups and we will see a different result next time.

Puig is going to be a star in this League. He has some flaws, but I have no particular worries about him. Every other team in MLB would take him in a heartbeat. Fortunately, he is wearing Dodger blue.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig has a lot to learn but will be a beast for years to come. I just hope he does not run into any walls at Wrigley this weekend!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig apparently hurt his wrist today. Hopefully, it isn't going to set him back at all.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas I missed the game. How did Puig get hurt? We do not need any more injuries to derail our season...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was his thumb, left one. He said he'll see how well he can swing the bat tomorrow and take it from there.

He also said it's not as bad as when he got hurt in April while at AA, which landed him on the DL. Keep your fingers crossed.