• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Puig

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it looks like Yasiel Puig is on his way to the show. As much as I believe Puig should stay right where he is, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Maybe he'll jump start this team and at least bring some intensity with him that the Dodgers also lack.

Injuries are really taking their toll and besides Kershaw and Ryu, the Starting staff is in shambles.

Even if Puig does well, the pitching staff needs to step things up and Andre Ethier needs to start earning his money.

A lot has to change if this team is going to contend this season.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Dodgers are 8.5 games out of a playoff spot. There's simply no way they can crawl out of that hole this year. IMPOSSIBLE!! And those who think they can, well let's take a quick look at what the Dodgers lack:

-starting pitching depth
-reliable bullpen
-offense
-defense
-speed
-heart
-effort
-well coached players
-well motivated players
-smart/savvy GM capable of making smart baseball decisions at the trade deadline

The Dodgers have NOTHING going for them other than Kershaw & Ryu. Maybe Greinke can find his groove. But even if that happens, even if the Dodgers have 3 stellar, lock down starting pitchers, what good is it? The offense never gives those guys any run support.

There is no major league baseball team in worse shape than the Dodgers. Even the Marlins are capable of sweeping an opponent. When is the last time the Dodgers swept anyone? Even the Astros have nowhere to go but up. The Dodgers could get even worse.

You think this season is bad now? Just wait. It's going to get MUCH worse.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's wishing Puig a good start in his MLB career tonight. I don't think he will be the Dodger's savior as some would like to think. In fact I don't think he'll have very much immediate impact on the team at all. The needs of the team are much greater than any one player can meet. However, he should be fun to watch anyway.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for 4 and ends the game doubling a runner off first on a fly out. I say he is what the doctor ordered, a player with heart.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would still like to see Puig get some more experience at AA or AAA, I have to say it was fun watching him tonight. He's got more talent than any Dodger rookie has had in years. That throw to end the game reminded me of shades of Roberto Clemente.

Well, we will see how things continue, but a great beginning to be sure.

Hanley Ramirez should be back any day.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yasiel Puig is fun to watch. Never seen him play before tonight. Never even seen highlights. Have to admit that maybe some of the hype is warranted. He'll certainly struggle a lot this year as I don't think he's quite ready to play at this level on a consistent basis. But he has a bright future.

We need all the help we can get in the outfield. Kemp, Ethier & Crawford are all over-the-hill, pathetic, injury prone, losers. We will probably be stuck with Kemp's contract forever, but I hope we can find some way to trade Ethier & Crawford before next season.

We need a youth movement. If I were the GM I would try desperately to trade Matt Kemp immediately for prospects while he still may have a tiny bit of trade value. It's doubtful anyone would be stupid enough to take that horrible contract. But I would at least try. It would be addition by subtraction.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any problem getting rid of Ethier by the trade deadline, hopefully for pitching. Crawford can also go for peanuts. As for Kemp, what he needs is simple, Donny baseball to make him sit in the clubhouse for 3 hours every day, watching himself at bat. Watching himself whiff at those pitches in the dirt outside the black. Then, take him to that new cage under the stadium, stand in the box without a bat and name the pitch as it comes in. You have to see it before you hit it. Kemp is not the guy you want to leave, he is the guy you want playing centerfield and batting in the #4 hole. Pure and simple he is a 5 tool guy that has just got off track.

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Kemp is not going anywhere. Carl Crawford is also an excellent player. The Dodgers have been hit with the injury bug, as did their brothers down the hall (Lakers). If we can get a suitor for Ethier, then we should do it in a New York second!

Puig is the future in right field. He showed us just a glimpse of what he can bring our Dodgers.

This lineup will win us many games this year;

Carl Crawford - LF
Yasiel Puig - RF
Adrian Gonzalez - 1B
Matt Kemp - CF
Hanley Ramirez - SS
Mark Ellis - 2B
Luis Cruz - 3B
AJ Ellis - C
Staff - Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Zach Lee and Lilly or whoever as the #5.

We need help in the pen, 3B and another starter. I'm optimistic but, if we get everyone healthy we can win the West...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Ethier's new home will be the friendly confines. It just seems like a natural.

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethier to San Diego for Chase Headley!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely incredible what Yasiel Puig can do! :omg:

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethier to San Diego for Chase Headley!

Call Josh Byrnes up! You guys eat Ethier's contract and we'll platoon him in right field behind William Venable. Oh yeah, and we want your top two starting pitcher prospects.

Honestly I think the Padres aren't budging on Headley right now. If we could round out our rotation and replace the #4 and #5 starters, we'd be competing for the division.

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me hammer, it was only a joke... The Dodgers would trade Ethier for Headley all day, any day!

The Padres are a solid group of players. I just wish you guys never got rid of Bochy, you were soooo close... By the way, my wife used to be a dental assistant in Rancho Bernardo and Bochy was one of her clients. She says he is genuinely a great guy.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me hammer, it was only a joke... The Dodgers would trade Ethier for Headley all day, any day!

The Padres are a solid group of players. I just wish you guys never got rid of Bochy, you were soooo close... By the way, my wife used to be a dental assistant in Rancho Bernardo and Bochy was one of her clients. She says he is genuinely a great guy.

And we'll take that trade all day, any day! As long as you eat the contract and give us your top 2 starting pitcher prospects. Plus maybe some cash.

I don't doubt the Bochester is a good guy but after years and years of him in a Giants uniform, let's just say that our perception of him has changed just a little. And we had major misgivings about his style and the constant small-ball that never got us anywhere. With Bochy managing the last two seasons, we would have lost 100 games a year. Bud Black is very good at putting on the hit-n-run and maximizing return on talent.

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we'll take that trade all day, any day! As long as you eat the contract and give us your top 2 starting pitcher prospects. Plus maybe some cash.

I don't doubt the Bochester is a good guy but after years and years of him in a Giants uniform, let's just say that our perception of him has changed just a little. And we had major misgivings about his style and the constant small-ball that never got us anywhere. With Bochy managing the last two seasons, we would have lost 100 games a year. Bud Black is very good at putting on the hit-n-run and maximizing return on talent.

Fair enough... With the limited payroll, the Padres always seem to play respectable baseball. Didn't the Padres have the winningest record in the NL after the All Star break last season? Notwithstanding the fact that they always give the Dodgers fits!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors on Puig:

Yasiel Puig made an impressive Major League debut on Monday but he could've debuted on Opening Day had the Dodgers' outfield not already been full, GM Ned Colletti tells Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times. Colletti didn't mind sending Puig to the minors since he felt the 22-year-old still needed seasoning after receiving just 95 minor league PAs in 2012 and spending more than a year away from organized ball. “It really came down to him having to play the game,” Colletti said. “He needed repetition, game repetition, situational repetition.”

More here...

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's what you call a home run. Puig pounds a 3 run bomb 439 feet over the left center field wall! :yahoo:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Dodgers are on to something with this young man. Let's hope he can keep things going.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not a future superstar, I've never seen one.