• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW1: Seahawks @ Raiders Tomorrow night 6:00 FOX/710 ESPN/ KIRO Radio 97.3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters need a few reps before the season so hopefully they’ll play for a drive or 2 the next couple games

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xp.png

18 first downs allowed in the first half. Is that what we really want to see all season long?!

You can bring in as many players as you want, it all means NOTHING if he's gonna use the same ineffective plays. Norton is USELESS!

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ. I am like 10 mins into this game on my recording and I'm already dreading watching the NFL this year.

How fucking retarded can you be and still get a job as an NFL official this year? Seriously, these guys are the dumbest pieces of shit on the planet. Wow. Two blown calls and a stupid review within the first 10 minutes of gameplay. These guys need to be euthanized.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters need a few reps before the season so hopefully they’ll play for a drive or 2 the next couple games
They'll probably play the first half since this is the tune up game before the season gets under way. Maybe a couple extra starters might play an extra drive in the 3rd Q

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolled into the garage after nearly 2 weeks and over 2700 miles on the harley yesterday just in time for a shower before kickoff. Was good to see some Hawks football to help get that awful taste out of my mouth from the last time they were on the field.

I know the "defense" got steamrolled, but the only players on the field at that time who may be primary pieces for us this year -- Jordyn Brooks and maybe Alton Robinson -- both looked pretty good to me. If you count Rasheem Green in that group, he stood out as well with a strong game. Elsewise on D, Barton is still a thumper, and the new kid CB from OK shows serious wheels and may help right away as a returner/ST guy.

On O, it was almost exclusively guys who will never see the field as a starter unless there's a rash of injuries or more Chinese viruses (not sure which is more likely but neither would surprise me), but it's pretty clear to me that DeeJay Dallas is going to put some pressure on all RBs not named Chris Carson. There wasn't really much else on that side that caught my eye.

My only other comment on the game was I thought it was pretty bush league to run a blindside CB blitz in pre-season game #1. Ok, one more comment: I laughed my ass off when Wyman called the Oakland Coliseum a dump and the Bengals the doormats of the AFCN. Broadcasting gold right there.

I was actually trying to switch to the Ms game after about the 1st qtr, but I don't have ROOT and my vpn was acting up so I hung around to watch the deep benchers play....weird to recognize I'm more interested in the Mariners right now than the Hawks, but it's a good thing.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xp.png

18 first downs allowed in the first half. Is that what we really want to see all season long?!

You can bring in as many players as you want, it all means NOTHING if he's gonna use the same ineffective plays. Norton is USELESS!

I was hoping for a change at defensive coordinator in the offseason, but Pete always being unpredictable replaces the offensive coordinator… LoL… Oh well …. I’m not against Shane Waldron, he might improve our offense and make things less predictable, but Norton we kinda know what to expect…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we might want to consider bringing in another backup QB for a look … Watching our 2 backups last night was painful.. Maybe it’s the complexity of Shane’s offense, HOPEFULLY, because dam, that made me feel like 92 all over again …

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotsa guys who wont be on the team playing tonight. I'm guessing that ramps down as the 3 preseason game go along.

Barton, Green, and Robinson had good games, which is kind of all that matters
Yeah, those 3 definitely stood out... I was disappointed in D. Taylor... He seemed invisible and played quite a bit... He looked lost a bit out there...

A few others that played good was A. Brooks and U. Amadi

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy. Poor team execution. Of course this was only an evaluation game.
There were some individual highlights.

I was surprised at how few starters and key rotation guys played. That made it hard for us fans to really get much information out of the game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a change at defensive coordinator in the offseason, but Pete always being unpredictable replaces the offensive coordinator… LoL… Oh well …. I’m not against Shane Waldron, he might improve our offense and make things less predictable, but Norton we kinda know what to expect…
Coordinators always seem to be punching bags around here. With the way the D improved over the course of 2020, firing Norton wouldn't have made much sense and probably would have shook the lockerroom pretty good. On the other hand, the offense struggled mightily in about 5 of the final 8 games as well as in that bed shitter of a playoff loss. Watch the season in reverse and ok, but you don't fire a guy who was in place during the type of turnaround we saw on D last year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coordinators always seem to be punching bags around here. With the way the D improved over the course of 2020, firing Norton wouldn't have made much sense and probably would have shook the lockerroom pretty good. On the other hand, the offense struggled mightily in about 5 of the final 8 games as well as in that bed shitter of a playoff loss. Watch the season in reverse and ok, but you don't fire a guy who was in place during the type of turnaround we saw on D last year.

D was historically bad most of the year, sure they improved towards the end of the year but something tells me Pete took over, because over and over again Norton has proven he’s sub par as a D coordinator… He doesn’t play the chess game well… Pete must really like him as a person to keep him around this long …

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t the defense really Pete’s though. Kind of like in NE where DC’s kind of come and go but the hoodie is who runs it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D was historically bad most of the year, sure they improved towards the end of the year but something tells me Pete took over, because over and over again Norton has proven he’s sub par as a D coordinator… He doesn’t play the chess game well… Pete must really like him as a person to keep him around this long …

If that happened, don't you think Pete would have found a new DC in the offseason? The fact that Norton is still here is evidence it didn't.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS. It was bad early in the season and improved substantially and transformed into a very good defense as new players worked together more, Jamal Adams got healthy, and Dunlap came on board. Saying it was historically bad "most of the year" is a lazy and inaccurate way to describe what actually happened. Sorry, but you're full of shit here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS. It was bad early in the season and improved substantially and transformed into a very good defense as new players worked together more, Jamal Adams got healthy, and Dunlap came on board. Saying it was historically bad "most of the year" is a lazy and inaccurate way to describe what actually happened. Sorry, but you're full of shit here.
That’s funny because I think you’re full of shit here, Norton has been a sub par defensive coordinator every year dating back to the Raiders …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happened, don't you think Pete would have found a new DC in the offseason? The fact that Norton is still here is evidence it didn't.

It’s hard to predict what Pete’s up to, just like how he drafts, he has his own way of doing things, can’t argue with the mans success though… But last year our D was epically underachieving early on, historically bad, but they did get better down the stretch…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t the defense really Pete’s though. Kind of like in NE where DC’s kind of come and go but the hoodie is who runs it.

Hard to say, because I could see a big difference from when we had Gus Bradley compared to when we hired Dan Quinn… Dan solidified the ship… I’m sure the D coordinator makes most of the calls, but maybe Pete chimes in…

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s funny because I think you’re full of shit here, Norton has been a sub par defensive coordinator every year dating back to the Raiders …
I am not claiming Norton is a great DC, just disagreeing he should have been fired after how the defense improved in 2020. If I am full of shit for stating the defense improved a great deal, then you are totally out of touch with the truth.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not claiming Norton is a great DC, just disagreeing he should have been fired after how the defense improved in 2020. If I am full of shit for stating the defense improved a great deal, then you are totally out of touch with the truth.

I wanna say the Hawks were a top 5 defense nearly across the board the last half of the season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna say the Hawks were a top 5 defense nearly across the board the last half of the season.
Sounds about right, to include leading the league in sacks the last 8 games, if I remember it correctly. It was quite an improvement, somewhat overshadowed by how badly the offense fell off and also somewhat explained away by the relatively weak offenses we were playing against. Nonetheless, the D really got better as the season went on. Norton is not a top 5 DC or anything, but he has to get some of the credit for that. Firing a guy right after such an objective improvement would be silly unless there was some substantially better option that fell into our lap.